• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

Rose Bowl

Team will be better than last year. Much quicker and more athletic.

- Wins: Regular Season? Conference Tournament? Post-Season? Hard to predict.

- Surprise Player: Not sure what the expectations are for everybody. I'll go by what I've read here and say Smith, Bello, and Dennis.

Second Leading Scorer: Most likely will be Kev due to number of minutes played.

Big 12 Finish: I'll say 5th or 6th.

That’s pretty encouraging. Frogs not getting any love from media outlets. If you think Samuel will be the second leading scorer how much do you think we average on offense?

Skip Jansen

That’s pretty encouraging. Frogs not getting any love from media outlets. If you think Samuel will be the second leading scorer how much do you think we average on offense?

Probably 77ish PPG.

I think Samuel and Smith will be close to the same. I chose Kev because of the amount of minutes he will play. His position might be 4th best.

Skip Jansen

This is how I think we can use Kevin this year. The only question is are Kevin’s hands good enough.

I would like to see that as well.

Unfortunately, those clips highlight bad defense more than anything.

The defense doesn't 'jump to the ball' to stop ball reversal in one set. In another, they front the post but don't pressure the ball. Those two things have to go together.

I doubt we'll see anyone 'front' Kev. He hasn't proven to be a consistent low player yet. Maybe this is the year

Billy Clyde

Anyone here know the details on the alumni basketball game? Did I just miss on seeing it covered? Friend at work showed me a bunch of pics yesterday, said it happened couple of months ago, lots of olds out there playing what is apparently an annual game. Family-type event, sounded like a really great time.

Do we have a low post that can score this year?

Do we have a center great at shooting 3 pointers like Brodzianski?

Do you think Bane can take over a game and lead us to wins?

Skip Jansen

Not in the traditional sense. Samuel will mostly be used in ball-screen action. That's where his points will mostly come from. He will also get some off offensive rebounds.

No. But, Smith and Grayer are both good perimeter shooters at the 4.

Absolutely. He's going to have a phenomenal year.

Skip Jansen

Small sample size but the three point shooting in those two games worries me a bit. Obviously Bane is a 3 point stud and Grayer seems like he has a track record for being a good 3 point shooter. Anyone else going to be a deep threat for defenses to cover tightly beyond the arc? Judging by attempts/ minute, lots of guys seem to have the green light.

-Dennis and Farabello can both hit threes at PG. Dennis is really good at times but very streaky.

-RJ and PJ are not 'knock down' shooters but both can hit them.

-Smith and Grayer are both good shooters at the 4.

Eight

-Dennis and Farabello can both hit threes at PG. Dennis is really good at times but very streaky.

-RJ and PJ are not 'knock down' shooters but both can hit them.

-Smith and Grayer are both good shooters at the 4.

the one concern with the smaller fours is will this team have issues with bigger front lines.

Skip Jansen

the one concern with the smaller fours is will this team have issues with bigger front lines.

That's possible. But... not many teams play 'big' anymore.

On the flip side. Offensively, the Frogs should have an advantage by being able to pull a bigger defender out on the floor. Bigs generally are not good at defending in space.