• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

tcujsauce

The injury bug bit Bayern HARD this week. Defense was already shaky enough, and now they’ve lost Süle to an ACL injury for the rest of the year, and Lucas Hernandez to an ankle for probably a month or two. Yikes.

dawg

The injury bug bit Bayern HARD this week. Defense was already shaky enough, and now they’ve lost Süle to an ACL injury for the rest of the year, and Lucas Hernandez to an ankle for probably a month or two. Yikes.

But at least your club didn't lose to a newly promoted side, because your manager who is completely unable to decide on a "best 11" in addition to lacking tactical awareness to optimize his current players, decided to roll out a "B" side, without realizing everything and everyone in the entire club lacks anything resembling the testicular fortitude, situational awareness and plain-old heart to overcome less talented opposition.

It's general suckage across my entire sporting fandom landscape. TCU football the last 10-15 years at least offered respite from Arsenal's failings and chronic letdowns. Not so much anymore.

dawg

Oh, and in on page

tenor.gif

Purp

But at least your club didn't lose to a newly promoted side, because your manager who is completely unable to decide on a "best 11" in addition to lacking tactical awareness to optimize his current players, decided to roll out a "B" side, without realizing everything and everyone in the entire club lacks anything resembling the testicular fortitude, situational awareness and plain-old heart to overcome less talented opposition.

It's general suckage across my entire sporting fandom landscape. TCU football the last 10-15 years at least offered respite from Arsenal's failings and chronic letdowns. Not so much anymore.
Pleasant surprise from Spurs yesterday. I was expecting a loss with their current run of form.

I elaborated yesterday in HASMSP about how awful all of my teams are right now. Really need TCU basketball to not suck this season or I may quit sports.

TCU Football blows
Cowboys blow
Stars blow
Rangers blow
USMNT establishes a new echelon of blow every time they hit the pitch because the entire federation blows
Spurs blow
FC Dallas blow (young and show flashes, but not a threatening side)
TCU basketball blew last year and only return 2 players of consequence with low media expectations for the season
TCU Baseball blew last year and I'm not sure they'll be demonstrably better come February

The Mavs have blown for years, but may be on the precipice of something great with two young generational talents. I'm still pessimistic.

To add insult to injury, as someone pointed out in HASMSP Baylor and SMU are undefeated and the Astros are in the WS.

Darn all sports right now. Even golf. Our Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup teams blow recently too.

tcujsauce

Pleasant surprise from Spurs yesterday. I was expecting a loss with their current run of form.

I elaborated yesterday in HASMSP about how awful all of my teams are right now. Really need TCU basketball to not suck this season or I may quit sports.

TCU Football blows
Cowboys blow
Stars blow
Rangers blow
USMNT establishes a new echelon of blow every time they hit the pitch because the entire federation blows
Spurs blow
FC Dallas blow (young and show flashes, but not a threatening side)
TCU basketball blew last year and only return 2 players of consequence with low media expectations for the season
TCU Baseball blew last year and I'm not sure they'll be demonstrably better come February

The Mavs have blown for years, but may be on the precipice of something great with two young generational talents. I'm still pessimistic.

To add insult to injury, as someone pointed out in HASMSP Baylor and SMU are undefeated and the Astros are in the WS.

Darn all sports right now. Even golf. Our Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup teams blow recently too.

We’re living in the 80’s of DFW sports fandom again, where everyone genuinely sucks arse.

Portland Frog

Well Pulisic deserves to start over Willian for Chelsea. Another big assist for him in the win over Ajax in the CL. It’s time to pass the torch Lampard. Even the haters should agree (CHE haters).

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

which seems more off kilter

that a club named the blues wore a uni today that was black, orange, and red or

a midfield player with that capability is trapped in gregg berhalter's offensive duldrum?

It will take quite an overhaul of the USMNT system before I’m surprised by an underachieving talented player.

dawg

Good article about Pulisic. Not a Chels supporter, but it’s good to see him making an impact and showing his quality.

“The American winger had oozed menace after replacing Willian midway through the second half and did not look like a player struggling to cope with the unenviable weight of expectation when the opportunity arrived for him to deliver the incision missing from every other creative player on the pitch.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...n-pulisic-frank-lampard-ajax-champions-league

Chongo94

Any of y’all see Leicester v Southampton today? Tied a record for biggest win in the league ever. Only got to see the second half but looked fun for Leicester. Felt bad for Southampton.