• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread - Part 2

Gunner

One year New England had 4 defensive backs who were all about 5'10 and 190 to 200 pounds. Coach said they were the best group he ever had, at the time.

I think the 190 pound deal is the most important, someone stout enough to wrestle with big receivers. But if you can find 'em, the 6'2 and 190's is even better. Maybe Vernon Scott is our first guy to fit that desciption, heard he moved to corner.

Wexahu

One year New England had 4 defensive backs who were all about 5'10 and 190 to 200 pounds. Coach said they were the best group he ever had, at the time.

I think the 190 pound deal is the most important, someone stout enough to wrestle with big receivers. But if you can find 'em, the 6'2 and 190's is even better. Maybe Vernon Scott is our first guy to fit that desciption, heard he moved to corner.

We've always had undersized corners, but for the most part we've been really good at that position. The bigger kids always seem to struggle at CB for us or get moved to Safety. Gladney is probably the exception.

I want CBs that know how to play smart and that don't get burned very often. Whether they are 175 lb or 195 lb doesn't really matter much to me. Give me 10 Kevin White's, Jason Verrett's and Ranthony Texada's, I'll take em.

Gunner

On the Tyree Wilson thing, Anderson will find anyone who can play in East Texas. He's turned up dozens over the years.

When he was catching poison as the OC, GP kept him because of all the good he has done over the years as a recruiter. He is one of the best.

Gunner

We've always had undersized corners, but for the most part we've been really good at that position. The bigger kids always seem to struggle at CB for us or get moved to Safety. Gladney is probably the exception.

I want CBs that know how to play smart and that don't get burned very often. Whether they are 175 lb or 195 lb doesn't really matter much to me. Give me 10 Kevin White's, Jason Verrett's and Ranthony Texada's, I'll take em.

You gotta' good point.

Moose Stuff

More like more Dale Carters. Former long time KC Chiefs shutdown Pro Bowl corner. Frame 6'1", 210. Not getting thrown over on end zone fades, muscle to stop edge runs. That's what we need especially if we are playing in a natty.
More like more Dale Carters. Former long time KC Chiefs shutdown Pro Bowl corner. Frame 6'1", 210. Not getting thrown over on end zone fades, muscle to stop edge runs. That's what we need especially if we are playing in a natty.

I’m not sure Dale Carter ever played at 210 or that any of the CB playing in recent national title games have weighed even close to that.

CMcFrog

We may not get the tall corner everybody wants but I like the way our Safety depth is starting to look. Washington and Turner at Safety yes?