• The KillerFrogs

2018 CFB - Week 5 - Other Games Thread with TV Schedule

SnoSki

Buffs QB reminds me of Andy Dalton. Decent arm, decent runner, not eye popping at either but plays confidently and seems to limit mistakes

LVH

I don't really care who wins the WVU-Texas Tech game

Although my Texas Tech friends are penciling their game against us in a couple weeks as an automatic win and are super confident.

Chongo94

I don't really care who wins the WVU-Texas Tech game

Although my Texas Tech friends are penciling their game against us in a couple weeks as an automatic win and are super confident.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Tech win today.

And so are mine. This is the typical cycle of today’s Tech fan. Win a few games against decent opponents and become vastly over confident. But they appear to have a quarterback again along with a sudden found running back and that game will be tough for sure. Toss up right now it would seem.

LVH

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Tech win today.

And so are mine. This is the typical cycle of today’s Tech fan. Win a few games against decent opponents and become vastly over confident. But they appear to have a quarterback again along with a sudden found running back and that game will be tough for sure. Toss up right now it would seem.

They were really really confident last year before their home game vs. Oklahoma State which they lost.

I'd say the most chirpy they had been since their 7-0 start in 2013.

Chongo94

They were really really confident last year before their home game vs. Oklahoma State which they lost.

I'd say the most chirpy they had been since their 7-0 start in 2013.

I was out there still in 2013 and I think you’re right. Usually this is the part of the season where Tech starts losing but we’ll see what happens. That Bowman kid may have saved Kingsbury’s job.

LVH

WVU with the early TD

Honestly I think WVU will win, I think Texas Tech's defense is closer to the unit we saw vs. Ole Miss. Oklahoma State doesn't have a good offense, they put up numbers against joke teams Missouri State and South Alabama but most of their scoring vs. Boise was via defense and special teams. Cornelius isn't a good QB and Texas Tech was able to expose it. But WVU's offense is leagues better so Texas Tech's only chance is to win a shootout

LVH

Arkansas couldn’t beat Kansas

if A&M can't beat them as bad as North Texas beat them I will laugh

But how dumb is Arkansas. Hired a coach with one winning year at SMU, and a 7-5 year at that, not like it was anything special. And never cared about defense. SEC is a defense first league.

Chongo94

If West Virginia can maintain this, Tech May fold up shop. Still don’t think Kingsbury is a good coach.

Last edited:

Chongo94

That Bowman kid makes his throws look easy. Pretty cool how many thought he’d be a stop gap at best but is now looking at being a 4 year starter.