• The KillerFrogs

2018 CFB - Week 5 - Other Games Thread with TV Schedule

LVH

The 2016 Iowa State game was the game right after the Arkansas heartbreaker and we won 41-20 and were up 41-10 in the 4th before they scored some garbage time points but the whole win just seemed blah. Back before we knew we sucked.

FrogLifeYo

OU executes a mean scream game...RBs, WRs, and TEs...They are so damn creative

Why can’t we get Darius and Sewo more involved in the passing game

FrogLifeYo

As of today I think we win tonight and against KU, KSU, and Baylor...

TT and OSU are 50/50 games that we get at home

OU and WVU we’ll be dogs..

We could still have a strong season but we need to get some swagger going tonight..confidence makes all the difference

LVH

As of today I think we win tonight and against KU, KSU, and Baylor...

TT and OSU are 50/50 games that we get at home

OU and WVU we’ll be dogs..

We could still have a strong season but we need to get some swagger going tonight..confidence makes all the difference

I dont see how anyone could watch OSU last week or today and think its a 50 50 game

FrogLifeYo

We’re not gonna keep losing the TO battle 3-0 and 4-0 every game.
I agree...If you look at the 50/50 games I mentioned, I think we would win those games easily if we could find identity with our running game. Last year we were able to hide KHs arm by running the ball. This year we haven’t run the ball all that effectively. I think some of that blame is on Cumbie for falling to in love with SRs arm strength. We need to play more often in 2 back sets and a TE..

FrogLifeYo

We're also not going to play Top 10 defenses every week either.
True as well...I think we are a better team than we’ve shown the last couple of weeks. I’m less concerned with turnovers because those are fixable. What’s concerning is we are loosing the middle of the field battles on both sides of the ball. Good football teams win the “middle of the field”. They run the ball well, stop the run well, and are able to exploit the middle of the field in the passing game. Even as a spread offense we should be able to make teams more vulnerable between the hashes. There’s a reason we only throw wide WRs screens/outs and and deep balls down the sidelines and that reason is we are soft.

LVH

True as well...I think we are a better team than we’ve shown the last couple of weeks. I’m less concerned with turnovers because those are fixable. What’s concerning is we are loosing the middle of the field battles on both sides of the ball. Good football teams win the “middle of the field”. They run the ball well, stop the run well, and are able to exploit the middle of the field in the passing game. Even as a spread offense we should be able to make teams more vulnerable between the hashes. There’s a reason we only throw wide WRs screens/outs and and deep balls down the sidelines and that reason is we are soft.

Unless we make it to a big bowl game or rematch with Texas in the Big 12 title game, we aren't going to play a team with anywhere near the defensive talent of Ohio State or Texas the rest of the year. Both teams are loaded with NFL talent. It's asking a lot of a young QB and inexperienced offensive line to be able to perform well against those two units, especially in hostile environments/on the road early in the season.

Turnovers aside I think we played about as well as you could ask against Ohio State offensively.

Texas they just had a perfect game plan for our offense. Sell out to the run(remember all their offsides penalties) and lock down Reagor. They had the defensive talent to do that and we didn't adjust.