• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

LVH

Looking forward to this team against Maryland (assuming they beat the Bonnies), Nevada, SMU, and Belmont. I think we'll know after that run if this team has the chops to finish in the top tier of Big 12. I really hope one more reserve steps up into a bigger role by conference, be it Olden or Nembhard.

I believe St. Bonaventure is a better team than Maryland this year and expect them to beat Maryland on Saturday. They are my pick to win the Atlantic 10

LVH

Bonnies looked pretty rough against Niagra and Jackson State. Plus, I want some revenge on Maryland for that NIT win back in the early 2000s.

Their best player hasn't seen the floor yet this year - Jaylen Adams has a sprained ankle but should be good to go for the tournament this weekend. He is the preseason A10 player of the year and an NBA first rounder at point guard. He makes that team go. Him + Matt Mobley makes up one of the best back courts in the country.

LVH

You have a preseason pick to win the A-10?

Who do you like in the MEAC?

North Carolina Central is always the default pick to win the MEAC for me as long as Mouton is there but that conference is a dumpster fire this year even more so than usual. The MEAC is always garbage but this year they look to be even worse. Interested to see what Malique Trent can do at Hampton once he is eligible in January. MEAC might be worse than the SWAC this year.

CountryFrog

North Carolina Central is always the default pick to win the MEAC for me as long as Mouton is there but that conference is a dumpster fire this year even more so than usual. The MEAC is always garbage but this year they look to be even worse. Interested to see what Malique Trent can do at Hampton once he is eligible in January. MEAC might be worse than the SWAC this year.
NCCU is a good pick. That's a team with some really good senior leadership. They're really well coached and you know you're going to have your hands full every time you play them because they won't beat themselves. They've got good guard play and when they get hot from three then they present some problems for people. That's a solid team that could definitely make some noise in March.

***Please note that all of the above analysis is pure cliche and I have not actually watched a single minute of this team play, not did I know what conference they were in until now. I'm just trying to provide the same type of quality college hoops analysis that many sports people aspire to once every year come tournament time.***

A friend of mine is a big time bettor and he confirms what LVH says about the MEAC. This is the worst the league has been in over a decade.

Noi is definitely our most athletic player but we’ve got several guys who have athleticism. Miller, for me, is extremely athletic and has a nice upside plus Bane, Robinson and Fisher have really good games.

I’m watching the Nevada v Davidson game and the Pack are very solid. Davidson is undefeated but Nevada is too physical for them. That is going to be a tough game.

Tenn Tech just beat New Mexico in ABQ. We should roll the Lobos.

TCUdirtbag

FYI the Yale game tip-off was bumped from 4 pm to 7 pm. GoFrogs still showing FSSW. I assume this is a move to accommodate fans who might attend a hypothetical 11:30 am Big 12 Championship game and also want to go to the b-ball game.