• The KillerFrogs

2016 Season Prediction

Casey T

Now that we have a good idea of our 2016 roster, and with the season beginning in only 6.5 weeks (feels good to type), what's everyone's season prediction?

My guess is 10-2, followed closely by 9-3, but that is assuming we have decent QB play and our OL & CB play is at least average. I see us losing 2 games out of @WVU, @UT, OU, @baylol in no particular order.

I'm hoping Sawyer earns the starting nod, but will support Hill if he gets it. The good news is if Hill plays as well as he has shown to be capable of at aggy, we should have good enough production at qb to have an efficient offense. If he plays better after 2 more years of practice, or if sawyer plays better, then we're set.

At rb, I see hicks starting with green, sewo, and possibly Nixon backing him up and producing close to what aaron green provided us last year. We should be good at wr, with a bit of a drop off after losing our best ever, but plenty of depth to provide a top 3 wr unit in the B12. Hoping the OL can hold it together, and I think they can based on how our offense runs and considering we hoped to be at least mediocre going into 2014 with lots of question marks and ended up having great production that year.

D will be loaded, especially at DE and LB, followed by S. Hoping we have enough depth at CB and DT to be elite, but even if those positions are average, we'll still be top 3 in the B12 in overall defense.

Let's also remember that we always have at least 1 or 2 unexpected or new faces have an outstanding impact. I.e. turpin 2015, doctson/boykin 2014, fields 2013, verrett 2012...

10-2: 50%
9-3: 40%
8-4 or 11-1: 5% each

maximilian

Casey8Ball said:
Now that we have a good idea of our 2016 roster, and with the season beginning in only 6.5 weeks (feels good to type), what's everyone's season prediction?

My guess is 10-2, followed closely by 9-3, but that is assuming we have decent QB play and our OL & CB play is at least average. I see us losing 2 games out of @WVU, @UT, OU, @baylol in no particular order.

I'm hoping Sawyer earns the starting nod, but will support Hill if he gets it. The good news is if Hill plays as well as he has shown to be capable of at aggy, we should have good enough production at qb to have an efficient offense. If he plays better after 2 more years of practice, or if sawyer plays better, then we're set.

At rb, I see hicks starting with green, sewo, and possibly Nixon backing him up and producing close to what aaron green provided us last year. We should be good at wr, with a bit of a drop off after losing our best ever, but plenty of depth to provide a top 3 wr unit in the B12. Hoping the OL can hold it together, and I think they can based on how our offense runs and considering we hoped to be at least mediocre going into 2014 with lots of question marks and ended up having great production that year.

D will be loaded, especially at DE and LB, followed by S. Hoping we have enough depth at CB and DT to be elite, but even if those positions are average, we'll still be top 3 in the B12 in overall defense.

Let's also remember that we always have at least 1 or 2 unexpected or new faces have an outstanding impact. I.e. turpin 2015, doctson/boykin 2014, fields 2013, verrett 2012...

10-2: 50%
9-3: 40%
8-4 or 11-1: 5% each

If we lose 1 cornerback to injury this year, we're going to potentially see a lot of Oklahoma State affairs.

Paradoxotaur

The games that give me the most concern are OU, at WV, and OSU. With bye weeks before WV and OSU, I feel much better about those two games. 

OU has a bye before our game, and we will be playing our 5th straight week, which elevates the concern level there. 

I predict a loss to OU, an 11-1 regular season title, and a CFP berth.

jake102

OU
at WVU
at Baylor
Oky State
Arkansas

Those four games worry me, in that order. At Baylor is the obvious wildcard... could be our toughest game of the year, could be an easier game. 

punter9

ummm.......does anyone remember a few years back???  Sure was fun switching from Paschall to Boykin and having a young O-Line (who grew up to be pretty decent).  We could be great, but this season being a winning season will hang on a few very key drives

punter9

but yea scheiss it 14-0  

1320897747867.jpg

TK2000

If a couple players step it up in the secondary we may have a defense very similar to 2014. And I think Hill throws for more yards this season than Boykin did in 2014.

Prediction 11-1 regular season and selected for CFP

Tom Brown

Paradoxotaur said:
The games that give me the most concern are OU, at WV, and OSU. With bye weeks before WV and OSU, I feel much better about those two games. 

OU has a bye before our game, and we will be playing our 5th straight week, which elevates the concern level there. 

I predict a loss to OU, an 11-1 regular season title, and a CFP berth.

I see OU with a loss even before they play us. 
i'll let you choose UH or tOSU. I see us losing to WVU, which is respectable and Baylor, as they care more about that one game than their whole season. 10-2 undefeated at home.
10-2 likely but 11-1 and 9-3 are totally possible.

a 2 loss OU before conference is also possible, as is a defeated BU.

Frog-in-law1995

I believe I won this contest with a 13-1 preseason prediction for 2014...just one win off from our actual 12-1 record. I feel the exact same thing this year...13-1. And this year I will be correct.

Tom Brown

Frog-in-law1995 said:
I believe I won this contest with a 13-1 preseason prediction for 2014...just one win off from our actual 12-1 record. I feel the exact same thing this year...13-1. And this year I will be correct.
An to whom will we lose? Pre BCS championship I hope?

Frog-in-law1995

Tom Brown said:
An to whom will we lose? Pre BCS championship I hope?
My gut says we drop one to someone we shouldn't. Honestly, SMU seems like the kind of trap game we should be worried about. But something about that West Virginia game scares me the most.

punter9

Frog-in-law1995 said:
My gut says we drop one to someone we shouldn't. Honestly, SMU seems like the kind of trap game we should be worried about. But something about that West Virginia game scares me the most.

like them being good at football

Frog-in-law1995

punter9 said:

like them being good at football
Well, yeah, there's that. But lots of teams on our schedule are good at football. I think Morgantown has kind of a Lubbock spell going on, where crazy ish happens when really good teams come to town.

westoverhillbilly

I believe we'll go 12-0 through the regular season- our defense will be lockdown tight when it needs to be and our offense will be better than ever.. Our OL will gel and we'll have playmakers all around.. Gary has learned what it takes in the Big 12 and his coaching acumen (as he has proven time and again) will have this team ready to blow through the schedule.. When we get to the CFP (either Peach or Fiesta), we'll struggle but prevail.. No doubt in my mind, we're coming home with the national championship this year.. Mark it down, it's going to happen.. This is going to be a special year..