• The KillerFrogs

2015 Baseball - General Thread

FrogsMcGee

Any smoke to the tweet that we aren't sure we'll make it to LA?  Sure hope not.  Don't want weather to kill back to back weekends for me, especially when it's supposed to be sunny and 80 in LA this weekend.

jake102

FrogsMcGee said:
Any smoke to the tweet that we aren't sure we'll make it to LA?  Sure hope not.  Don't want weather to kill back to back weekends for me, especially when it's supposed to be sunny and 80 in LA this weekend.

There's no reason they shouldn't be able to get on a flight tomorrow afternoon/evening. Friday morning at very worst. 

TCUdirtbag

FrogsMcGee said:
They left tonight to beat the weather. Shouldn't be an issue. TCU is closed tomorrow anyway.

TCUdirtbag

leofrog said:
Dude, you are just so hung up on stats and numbers!! IMO, Vandy hasn't done anything to be moved from #1, and no other team has done anything to unseat them. It's still early in the season, and teams will start showing their true signs in the next month as schedules get tougher and conference play starts.

This weekend is a huge test for all 4 teams in LA.
Well, baseball is a stats and numbers kind of game. So..... Anyway, I and several polls would also disagree with your statement that Vandy hasn't done anything to be moved from #1.

I think CDS shares my Rogers frustration in that he tends to get real hung up on a team and not let go. He's never as high on TCU as the general consensus---perhaps as a result of his Aggy bias. But it's irritating.

Anyways, you're right -- this weekend is huge. If any of TCU, UCLA or Vandy sweep, they'll be the consensus #1. If it's split and LSU sweeps the Houston Classic they'll move up to #1. Also watch out for Florida and Virginia and South Carolina and A&M.

This weekend will be fun.

cdsfrog

jewstfrogit said:
Well, baseball is a stats and numbers kind of game. So..... Anyway, I and several polls would also disagree with your statement that Vandy hasn't done anything to be moved from #1.

I think CDS shares my Rogers frustration in that he tends to get real hung up on a team and not let go. He's never as high on TCU as the general consensus---perhaps as a result of his Aggy bias. But it's irritating.

Anyways, you're right -- this weekend is huge. If any of TCU, UCLA or Vandy sweep, they'll be the consensus #1. If it's split and LSU sweeps the Houston Classic they'll move up to #1. Also watch out for Florida and Virginia and South Carolina and A&M.

This weekend will be fun.

Yep less about Vandy (who is elite and will probably host a super regional, they just aren't playing like a #1 team right now) and more about that [Rece Davis] bag expert on college baseball.

Can't wait to see how the weekend goes. Starting out with a USC win would be nice

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Reminds me of TCU the year after our Omaha run... Guys kept us ranked high early in the season because they thought they knew what we had based on the names on the back of the jerseys (figuratively), but we weren't that good because some guys regressed, others were playing injured, and the holes left by the few graduating seniors were bigger than others realized.

TCUdirtbag

Yall aren't going to like this -----

The only Dodgertown Classic game you'll get to see (of TCU's) is Friday night at USC. No TV, but It will stream free online like the ASU series did at this link:

http://pac-12.com/videos/university-southern-california

The game at UCLA and the game at Dodger Stadium vs. Vandy aren't televised or streamed online. Also, the Tuesday game at LMU is not on TV or streamed.

The only options will be FrogVision audio only ($) or GsmeTracker/twitter stats. I'm not sure if UCLA or Vandy will have free audio feeds that can be streamed online or not.

TCUdirtbag

Frogged

Frogged
jewstfrogit said:
Yall aren't going to like this -----

The only Dodgertown Classic game you'll get to see (of TCU's) is Friday night at USC. No TV, but It will stream free online like the ASU series did at this link:

http://pac-12.com/videos/university-southern-california

The game at UCLA and the game at Dodger Stadium vs. Vandy aren't televised or streamed online. Also, the Tuesday game at LMU is not on TV or streamed.

The only options will be FrogVision audio only ($) or GsmeTracker/twitter stats. I'm not sure if UCLA or Vandy will have free audio feeds that can be streamed online or not.
Bookmarked. I didn't get to catch the ASU series, is this site a decent broadcast?

TCUdirtbag

Frogged said:
Bookmarked. I didn't get to catch the ASU series, is this site a decent broadcast?
The content is produced by the particular school. Arizona State's was excellent, and USC has an exceptional film/TV school, so I would expect it to be excellent as well.

Frogged

Frogged
jewstfrogit said:
The content is produced by the particular school. Arizona State's was excellent, and USC has an exceptional film/TV school, so I would expect it to be excellent as well.
Looking forward to it

TCUdirtbag

March 6-8 Weekend Preview Around the Top 25 & Big 12:
Big 12 opponents in red
Other TCU opponents in blue

#1 TCU (8-1): Dodgertown Classic
- @ #20 USC (12-1)
- @ #7 UCLA (11-1)
- v. #4 Vanderbilt (10-2) 

#2 Virginia (10-0): 2-game series v. Pitt (3-6)

#3 LSU (12-1): Houston College Classic
- v. #12 Houston (8-5)
- v. Baylor (6-5)
- v. Nebraska (6-4)

#4 Vanderbilt (10-2): Dodgertown Classic
- @ #7 UCLA (11-1)
- @ #20 USC (12-1)
- v. #1 TCU (8-1)

#5 Florida (11-1): 3-game series v. Maine

#6 Texas Tech (10-1): 3-game series @ #30 CS Fullerton (6-5)

#7 UCLA (11-1): Dodgertown Classic
- v. #4 Vanderbilt (10-2)
- v. #1 TCU (8-1)
- v. #20 USC (12-1)

#8 Miss State (13-1): 3-game series v. San Diego (4-6)

#9 Oregon (10-2): 3-game series v. St. John's (5-4)

#10 UCF (11-2); 3-game series v. Columbia (2-2)

#11 Texas A&M (13-0): Houston College Classic
- v. Nebraska (6-4)
- v. #12 Houston (8-5)
- v. Baylor (6-5)

#12 Houston (8-5): Houston College Classic
- v. #3 LSU (12-1)
- v. #11 Texas A&M (13-0)
- v. Hawaii (5-8)

#13 Arizona St (7-4): 3-game series v. Long Beach St (8-4)

#14 Oklahoma St (7-4): 3-game series v. #27 Illinois (9-2-1)

#15 Texas (8-4): 4-game series @ #26 Stanford (7-6)

#16 Rice (8-6): 3-game series @ Charlotte (4-2)

#17 S. Car. (9-3): 3-game series v. Miami (OH) (2-5)

#18 UC Santa Barbara (8-3): 3-game series @ Sac St (6-4)

#19 Maryland (7-2): 2-game series @ UNC Wilmington (7-3)

#20 USC (12-1): Dodgertown Classic
- v. #1 TCU (8-1)
- v. #4 Vanderbilt (10-2)
- v. #7 UCLA (11-1)

#21 UNC (8-3): 3-game series v. Duke (10-1)

#22 Florida St (10-3): 3-game series v. Boston College (5-6)

#23 Miami (FL) (8-4): 3-game series @ #24 L'ville (8-4)

#24 L'ville (8-4): 3-game series v. #23 Miami (FL) (8-4)

#25 Notre Dame (10-1): 3-game series v. #28 GA Tech (9-3)

#26 Stanford (7-6): 4-game series v. #15 Texas (8-4)

#27 Illinois (9-2-1): 3-game series @ 14 OK State (7-4)

#28 GA Tech (9-3): 3-game series v. #25 Notre Dame (10-1)

#29 Nevada (11-1): 3-game series v. UNLV (6-5)

#30 CS Fullerton (6-5): 3-game series v. #6 Texas Tech (10-1)

Baylor (6-5): Houston College Classic
- v. Hawaii (5-8)
- v. #3 LSU (12-1)
- v. #11 Texas A&M (13-0)

Kansas (5-8): 3-game series v. Utah (2-10)

Kansas St (4-7): 3-game series v. Santa Clara (7-5)

Oklahoma (10-5): 3-game series v. Purdue (4-7)

West Virginia (4-6): 3-game series @ ETSU (7-3)

Loyola Marymount (8-4): 3-game series @ Arkansas (7-2)

Wichita St (3-7): 3-game series v. Cent. Mich. (8-4)

tl;dr HIGHLIGHT SUMMARY:
- Dodgertown Classic (TCU, Vandy, UCLA, USC)
- Houston College Classic (LSU, A&M, Houston, Baylor, Hawaii)
- Tech @ CS Fullerton
- Long Beach State @ Arizona State
- Illinois @ OK State
- ACC conference play starting