• The KillerFrogs

NCAA Tournament

y2kFrog

Udeh and Coles. That's it.

No idea who is coming in. I guess high school recruiting is less relevant these days.
Dennis Evans is available again and I feel like the third time will be the charm with him. Will he actually be able to play? Who knows…

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
This team regressed. It is great that we have made the tourney three years in a row, but we hurt ourselves down the stretch of the regular season. I believe we went 3-6. Outplayed in the paint, rely too much on threes, guard play and ball handling sloppy.

Simple: Dixon has to get better players. We need to be bigger and more physical inside IMO.

y2kFrog

This team regressed. It is great that we have made the tourney three years in a row, but we hurt ourselves down the stretch of the regular season. I believe we went 3-6. Outplayed in the paint, rely too much on threes, guard play and ball handling sloppy.

Simple: Dixon has to get better players. We need to be bigger and more physical inside IMO.

We were actually playing pretty well then Udeh got hurt, and then our rotation got all messed up. We started getting torched defensively and never got it back even when he returned.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
We were actually playing pretty well then Udeh got hurt, and then our rotation got all messed up. We started getting torched defensively and never got it back even when he returned.
He and Coles. We never recovered. Not sure it explains some of the other problems on both ends.

Chongo94

We replaced Baugh and Miles with Nelson and Anderson. Last year, Miles and Baugh averaged 38 points in the NCAAs. Tonight, JN and AA both shot 2-7 with a total of 17 points, 5 TOs and 7 assists. That is an amazing dropoff.

But they were not alone. We just weren't good enough. O'Bannon shoots 2-9, Peavy 3-12, Tennyson 1-3 and our 3 big guys were a total no show with 3-4 shooting for 10 points and 5 rebounds.

Maybe I am being too hard on CJD? It was a great coaching job to get this bunch into the tourney and a .500 record in Big 12 play. Just sucks to end the year with a total flameout.
Team hasn’t really shot that well all year if I remember correctly (and going by the eye test so I could be way off) they just seem to get really streaky at times and can pull out some wins despite horrible shooting.

I wish, and it’s something we haven’t had in years and years, I wish we had a player who was a straight pure smooth shooting swish machine go to guy. Almost every team has their bucket man when they need to depend on one shot and we do not…even with Miles, he could drive and score but depending on him to make a mid to outside jumper, forget it. Same with practically every player we’ve had the last 5 years or so.

Bane comes the closest but he seems to have gotten better since he moved to the pros.

An-Cap Frog

Team hasn’t really shot that well all year if I remember correctly (and going by the eye test so I could be way off) they just seem to get really streaky at times and can pull out some wins despite horrible shooting.

I wish, and it’s something we haven’t had in years and years, I wish we had a player who was a straight pure smooth shooting swish machine go to guy. Almost every team has their bucket man when they need to depend on one shot and we do not…even with Miles, he could drive and score but depending on him to make a mid to outside jumper, forget it. Same with practically every player we’ve had the last 5 years or so.

Bane comes the closest but he seems to have gotten better since he moved to the pros.
I feel like we have never had a great 3-point shooting team. We've always had a guy that could get hot and knock down a 3, but never across the board threats. Of course, BYU died by the 3 so maybe that is not the answer. This year, I felt like the only consistent 3-point shooter was Miller and that our guards were inconsistent. Maybe the stats prove otherwise, but that is what my mind's take away from this year's squad.

It’s the gaudy lacy shorts - Frogs weren’t wearing those two years ago when they destroyed Seton Hall and should have won in regulation over Arizona. The team has not been the same since adorning girly ostentatious lace.

Back when they dressed like men with fine style—1711218506940.jpeg

Last edited:

An-Cap Frog

It’s the gaudy lacy shorts - Frogs weren’t wearing those two years ago when they destroyed Seton Hall and should have won in regulation over Arizona. The team has not been quite the same since adorning lace.

Back when they dressed like men with style—View attachment 15803
John C Reilly Seriously GIF