• The KillerFrogs

GameDay Thread: TCU at West Virginia

NewFrogFan

I agree but one time at West Point we were behind to one of the worst teams in all of college football. TCU fans were upset and she took offense. Turns around and tells the fans behind her to shut up along the same lines as her tweet. Collectively as a group everyone told her to pound sand. Only time I ever saw people get upset with her as she was out of line. We came back and won the game.

Two walk-ons saved a potential disaster that day.

Eight

We can now say we know how tx fans feel, immense talent getting beat by teams they should easily beat on a regular basis! I don’t like it!

we have immense talent compared to who?

who is it the frogs have lost to the past few seasons they should be beating EASILY on the regular basis?

we should be well coached, we should be prepared, and we should be competitive which we haven't been all three on a consistent basis for multiple years now, but we are not a program at this level of competition who should view conference opponents as teams we should beat easily

CountryFrog

we have immense talent compared to who?

who is it the frogs have lost to the past few seasons they should be beating EASILY on the regular basis?

we should be well coached, we should be prepared, and we should be competitive which we haven't been all three on a consistent basis for multiple years now, but we are not a program at this level of competition who should view conference opponents as teams we should beat easily
We've lost games to Kansas, Kansas St, and Iowa St the last few years. IMO those are all teams that we should beat with regularity with very few exceptions. Not saying we should never lose to any of them but I think we should be able to beat them all fairly consistently.

Eight

We've lost games to Kansas, Kansas St, and Iowa St the last few years. IMO those are all teams that we should beat with regularity with very few exceptions. Not saying we should never lose to any of them but I think we should be able to beat them all fairly consistently.

the only one of those three whose program isn't at the same level as the frogs is kansas

k state has equal facilities and better community support. they don't sit a metropolitan area like tcu, but they get talent that fits their systems, are well coached, and execute

not sure about the facilities at iowa state, but again they fill their stadium, recruit kids that fit their systems, are well coached, and execute

where do the frogs have an advantage of either of those programs as we aren't killing it in recruiting of local talent and stadium boxes and suites are for raising money and supporters

CountryFrog

the only one of those three whose program isn't at the same level as the frogs is kansas

k state has equal facilities and better community support. they don't sit a metropolitan area like tcu, but they get talent that fits their systems, are well coached, and execute

not sure about the facilities at iowa state, but again they fill their stadium, recruit kids that fit their systems, are well coached, and execute

where do the frogs have an advantage of either of those programs as we aren't killing it in recruiting of local talent and stadium boxes and suites are for raising money and supporters
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one probably but I'm not talking about where the programs as a whole are at as much as the teams they are putting on the field. I don't watch Iowa St and Kansas St play and see players all over the field that I wish the Frogs had. I see teams that simply are well coached and execute. We used to be a team that was well coached and executes but we haven't been that in a while.

I think if you switch the coaching staffs at ISU and TCU then TCU is winning all of those games by healthy margins. Obviously this is 100% subjective but it is my opinion. I don't really care about box seats or alumni numbers. If it was all about that then we'd never beat Texas.

Moose Stuff

Perhaps you have similar firsthand experience to what I have, but our facilities are easily nicer than KSU's IMO.

Eight

All of it

think the frogs layout of access to the stadium, outdoor practice fields, and indoor facility are as good as anyone in the conference if not the best.

locker room is nice, but i think it is a matter of preference. the new locker room at kstate from what i have been told is an open environment similar to the frogs' baseball locker room.

weight room is good, but again from what i have been told isn't head and shoulders over kstate's and in regards to stadium looks are nice, but i do have concerns if we are going to fill it

Moose Stuff

think the frogs layout of access to the stadium, outdoor practice fields, and indoor facility are as good as anyone in the conference if not the best.

locker room is nice, but i think it is a matter of preference. the new locker room at kstate from what i have been told is an open environment similar to the frogs' baseball locker room.

weight room is good, but again from what i have been told isn't head and shoulders over kstate's and in regards to stadium looks are nice, but i do have concerns if we are going to fill it

I'm not saying KSU has bad facilities and I'm not making attendance part of the equation. Just saying I've seen both facilities first hand other than the KSU locker room and ours are easily nicer in my opinion. Our stadium blows theirs out of the water. The campus does as well.

Eight

I'm not saying KSU has bad facilities and I'm not making attendance part of the equation. Just saying I've seen both facilities first hand other than the KSU locker room and ours are easily nicer in my opinion. Our stadium blows theirs out of the water. The campus does as well.

most likely true, just going by what i have been told by a friend who covers the big 12 and some schools in texas and too the east as part of his job.

Moose Stuff

most likely true, just going by what i have been told by a friend who covers the big 12 and some schools in texas and too the east as part of his job.

KSU has solid facilities. Absolutely not speaking poorly of them. And part of me favoring TCU may well just be personal taste. I think their stadium is ugly for example.

Eight

KSU has solid facilities. Absolutely not speaking poorly of them. And part of me favoring TCU may well just be personal taste. I think their stadium is ugly for example.

agree and my point was that we aren't head and shoulders above others as some portray

we have good facilities and i wish we did a better job of making the high school coaches in other parts of the state aware, but this isn't the mwc were we are one of the big fish in the pool and we aren't in a situation where we can coast in any part of the program and remain competitive

Wexahu

agree and my point was that we aren't head and shoulders above others as some portray

we have good facilities and i wish we did a better job of making the high school coaches in other parts of the state aware, but this isn't the mwc were we are one of the big fish in the pool and we aren't in a situation where we can coast in any part of the program and remain competitive

Our location advantage vs the Kansas schools and ISU should more than offset whatever edge they might have on us in other areas.

Eight

Our location advantage vs the Kansas schools and ISU should more than offset whatever edge they might have on us in other areas.

recruiting? yes, but as i have pointed out we aren't killing it in recruiting in the metroplex area

not sure if that is a byproduct of staff changes and hires or increased efforts by other schools, but we are losing ground in our won back yard