• The KillerFrogs

GameDay Thread: TCU at West Virginia

I'm not trying to really defend the guy but year 2 Kenny Hill was way better than year 1 Kenny Hill.
Sonny Dykes was here that year which was the only one of the last 5 seasons where we had a somewhat cohesive offense. At that stage of Kenny Hill's career, I have to believe that was more impactful toward his play that year than anything Sonny Cumbie taught him.

Realtorfrog

He grabbed the receiver 5 yards down the field on a 3rd and 17 play. Slight or not it was an absolutely terrible play. Should've never even been in that spot.

I understand he was in great position once the ball arrived but way before that he got himself out of position and that's where the grab happened.
Didn’t see the hold earlier

Mean Purple

Meyer saying we're getting out coached... he ain't wrong.
With the [ Finebaum ] that went on in camp, there were some obvious questions about whether Patterson had control of the locker room. Letting them off practice that day just spoiled them more. Wells popping off at the mouth after his holding call hurt us. Poor form at tackling. Bad offense. Bad defense. Players getting chippy after getting owned because they are soft. Whole team looks lost.

CountryFrog

Didn’t see the hold earlier
Yea, he made a false step forward that allowed the receiver to get a step then grabbed him and that grab is a big part of why he was in good position once the ball got there. That's where the flagwas thrown before the ball even left the QB's hand.

Agree though that the contact once the ball arrived was fairly minimal.

Eight

There’s no way TCU football program can claim its trying to do much more than be mostly competitive by keeping Patterson around.

so is being mostly competitive the same as being mostly dead?

tenor.gif

Mean Purple

Sonny Dykes was here that year which was the only one of the last 5 seasons where we had a somewhat cohesive offense. At that stage of Kenny Hill's career, I have to believe that was more impactful toward his play that year than anything Sonny Cumbie taught him.
I agree and have pointed out that Dykes was the reason our offense produced that one year out of five. And Cumbie still found ways to put us in bad positions in games. Patterson did not fire Cumbie and company, and now he's paying the price. If he is gonna be that soft, only a matter of time before he loses the locker room. We are trending towards back to back losing seasons, after a barely 500 year and a joke of a bowl performance in 2018.

DelFrog

Obviously something is wrong when the Frogs were a much stronger Big 12 program early on, when playing with supposedly lesser talent, recruited while playing in the Mountain West, as opposed to the recent supposedly higher rated recruits which are producing far worse results.