• The KillerFrogs

Trademark Issues?

Mean Purple

I have a neighbor who seems to begin most sentences with the phrase "I talked to my attorney and they said..."
Am I correct in assuming he is just blowing smoke? I don't "have" an attorney that I can just ask stupid questions to on a regular basis and I don't otherwise know anyone who does except if your brother or friend is an attorney. I would also assume that if he really is "running issues by" his attorney that often, they likely hate him, right?
So, I assume he is either a liar or has a buddy who is an attorney who really hates getting phone calls from him.
I am the first to tell folks "you cant afford not to" when they say they cant afford to get an atty. I will also tell you that you are spot on. I have an atty that I use. I dont bother him with odd questions. A. If he works, he should bill me. B. Dont want to piss him off because I dont have the experience in his area of practice.

For those who work patent, is it really as lucrative and billable reliable as some say?

Brog

Seems to me that imitation is a sign of flattery. Unless TCU’s logos were used in a very egregious manner and harmful to the brand, then take it as a compliment and an actual bolster of the brand. Lord knows there were times when no one would have been caught dead sporting the TCU brand.

Agree with you completely, and want to say thank you for using the word "egregious" in your post. I've always liked it, but never see it around.

Froglaw

I tend to agree philosophically but I’ve been led to believe that if you only selectively defend your copyright you may find yourself with limited options when you really need to enforce it. I have no idea if that is true though.

Yes, and it is important to do so or TCU's property can become part of the public domain.

Not my area, but I'm sure TCU has a firm that looks at this and either grants a license, ignores it, or sues the them with extreme prejudice.

froginmn

I have a neighbor who seems to begin most sentences with the phrase "I talked to my attorney and they said..."
Am I correct in assuming he is just blowing smoke? I don't "have" an attorney that I can just ask stupid questions to on a regular basis and I don't otherwise know anyone who does except if your brother or friend is an attorney. I would also assume that if he really is "running issues by" his attorney that often, they likely hate him, right?
So, I assume he is either a liar or has a buddy who is an attorney who really hates getting phone calls from him.
Say, I have this back pain and...

tcudoc

I tell all my friends that I get my medical advice from "the tcudoc."
Any time I comment to my wife that I know some information on a topic, she says "where did you hear that? On your frog fan forum?" in a very sarcastic voice, as if she might not believe that you are all the experts that I believe you to be. My answer is typically
tenor.gif

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Yes, and it is important to do so or TCU's property can become part of the public domain.

Not my area, but I'm sure TCU has a firm that looks at this and either grants a license, ignores it, or sues the them with extreme prejudice.

My wife had something made for me for Christmas years ago and wanted to use TCU’s logo and had to get permission from TCU Branding Office that controls the colors, height and width of the letters, on and on. They were real nice to her and when they confirmed it was a one time thing not for resale they granted permission Quickly.

Endless Purple

My money says TCU has the registration for all the different frog logos they use.

I also would not be surprised to see them give permissions to little league teams to use them as that is great marketing.

DeuceBoogieNights

Seems to me that imitation is a sign of flattery. Unless TCU’s logos were used in a very egregious manner and harmful to the brand, then take it as a compliment and an actual bolster of the brand. Lord knows there were times when no one would have been caught dead sporting the TCU brand.

I don't disagree and if this was a peewee football team or something it would be one thing but this organization is claiming to be semi-pro.