• The KillerFrogs

Nebraska and Iowa

tetonfrog

Nebraska is coming to realize that without consistent exposure to Texas, their football program is just a colder, flatter, classier Arkansas.

Screw Nebraska.

I am in favor of expansion, but look to Az, ASU or Miami and FSU if you want to do that.

Don't understand all the love for Nebraska here.

It has helped our recruiting that they cannot play in Texas any more. Why help them rebuild with access to Texas players and steal our recruits? And Scott Frost is a cry baby any way. We had a busload of Husker fans at the hotel last year and I laughed and laughed after they choked balls and lost in Boulder to a bad CU team.

Moose Stuff

Screw Nebraska.

I am in favor of expansion, but look to Az, ASU or Miami and FSU if you want to do that.

Don't understand all the love for Nebraska here.

It has helped our recruiting that they cannot play in Texas any more. Why help them rebuild with access to Texas players and steal our recruits? And Scott Frost is a cry baby any way. We had a busload of Husker fans at the hotel last year and I laughed and laughed after they choked balls and lost in Boulder to a bad CU team.

Miami?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If the early reports hold up, then there's a weird year ahead of us. With nothing to tether them, some outfits might just do some traveling, but for this year only. Next year is back to the same-old.

Important to remember is that much of expansion happens do to both angst and opportunity. If not for COVID both Neb and Iowa would be very happy, as both are making a killing in the B10. My point is that going west is the only realistic opportunity for expansion and if its ever going to happen. You could offer AZ, ASU more money and access to better recruiting. You can't offer that to NEB, Iowa, or Arky who's name comes up often. None of those schools are looking to leave their respective conferences. AZ and ASU are in a failing conference

So the B12 wouldn't offer better recruiting for Neb? Have you actually SEEN their level of talent since leaving?

HFrog1999

If the early reports hold up, then there's a weird year ahead of us. With nothing to tether them, some outfits might just do some traveling, but for this year only. Next year is back to the same-old.

Next Year.....

ApprehensiveFrenchAustrianpinscher-small.gif

Jackson

In Nebraska's case, IMO it has more to do with them not being one of a handful of teams of national TV like the old days. They used to be able to recruit very well nationally because of that. No more since every single P5 team is on what is basically national TV every week.

Their heyday was when they were in the Big 8 and had zero Texas ties.
Nebraska’s best days were when they had the best weight program, training table & “supplements”. They recruited big framed OL MEN and alway used the Redshirt plus four years to make them the biggest OL in college football year after year. Their OL would average 315lbs when most major programs hit 290lbs.....usually having about a 40lb advantage on most Defensive Lines.
They were also one of the few schools qualified to Recruit Prop 48 players. These were academic at risk players who could only attend the few schools who make Prop 48 requirements. Many of Nebraska’s greats were Prop 48 including Mike Rozier.
Nebraska is nothing like its former self. Their Prop 48 advantage no longer exists. Other programs can match/exceed their weight, training table & supplements. They run a spread offense that closely mirrors most major programs so it comes down to recruiting the most talented skill players.....Nebraska can’t recruit with the power players.

froglash88

Miami and FSU would be my choice. Academically, they are both very good schools. Most importantly, I could drive to both to see the frogs play. That said, I believe they are both happy in the ACC.