• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

westoverhillbilly

I would guess that Sammartino is transferring in as a walkon.. If so, we (along with every other D1 program) have lots of these guys that pay huge tuition so that they can contribute in practice and help the 3's and the young guys get better by working on technique, especially on the lines.. They're probably decent or better students and will remain lifelong fans and manybecome large athletic contributors as they progress in life. If, however, Gary offered this guy a scholarship for his last year, I trust that he must feel that this kid has something worthy to contribute

CryptoMiner

Inside Texas on Ketron Jackson

Fresh off a trip to Austin, Jackson was seen wearing UT receiver gloves during a Sunday evening workout.

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound four-star from Royse City is being proactive during the pandemic. He and his 7-on-7 coach took a trip to the ATX on Saturday to soak in all that is the state capital. Unable to visit schools and campuses has been rough on the DFW product.

“It’s been tough, especially with someone with visits to spare and can’t go on them," said Jackson. "I was planning on visiting a lot of new spots and get a different outlook on schools but I had to cut my list down to seven - UT, TCU, Arkansas, A&M, Colorado, Oregon State, SMU - that I thought that were the best to me without any visits. It may have been different with visits but just had to make the choice with what felt right.”

Jackson is a priority for the Horns and coach Herman. He speaks with the Texas head coach, Andre Coleman, and Mike Yurcich on a regular basis.

“I’ve built a lot of great relationships, wish I could have kept some I had earlier though, but the schools on my list right now are great people and places.

What about Texas: "It’s been my dream school for as long as I can remember, I’ve always loved Austin and I’m building a great relationship with them."

What about TCU: "Me and coach Malcolm Kelly have a great relationship, He’s like my right hand man, and we have some great conversations and I know he can get me to where I want to be."

What about Arkansas: "It’s nothing but love throughout the whole state and coaching staff they all are great people and honestly I love them. I have a great relationship with the staff, and I talk to coach Stepp, coach Briles, and Coach Pittman everyday. We have the best relationship.”

Did his weekend trip to UT move needle? I'm told very much so. I still think TCU and Arkansas are the biggest competition, but with each FaceTime, every Zoom meeting, and each text message, the Longhorns slowly chip away for his signature. Jackson will also be an early enrollee.

Inside Texas on Ketron Jackson

Fresh off a trip to Austin, Jackson was seen wearing UT receiver gloves during a Sunday evening workout.

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound four-star from Royse City is being proactive during the pandemic. He and his 7-on-7 coach took a trip to the ATX on Saturday to soak in all that is the state capital. Unable to visit schools and campuses has been rough on the DFW product.

“It’s been tough, especially with someone with visits to spare and can’t go on them," said Jackson. "I was planning on visiting a lot of new spots and get a different outlook on schools but I had to cut my list down to seven - UT, TCU, Arkansas, A&M, Colorado, Oregon State, SMU - that I thought that were the best to me without any visits. It may have been different with visits but just had to make the choice with what felt right.”

Jackson is a priority for the Horns and coach Herman. He speaks with the Texas head coach, Andre Coleman, and Mike Yurcich on a regular basis.

“I’ve built a lot of great relationships, wish I could have kept some I had earlier though, but the schools on my list right now are great people and places.

What about Texas: "It’s been my dream school for as long as I can remember, I’ve always loved Austin and I’m building a great relationship with them."

What about TCU: "Me and coach Malcolm Kelly have a great relationship, He’s like my right hand man, and we have some great conversations and I know he can get me to where I want to be."

What about Arkansas: "It’s nothing but love throughout the whole state and coaching staff they all are great people and honestly I love them. I have a great relationship with the staff, and I talk to coach Stepp, coach Briles, and Coach Pittman everyday. We have the best relationship.”

Did his weekend trip to UT move needle? I'm told very much so. I still think TCU and Arkansas are the biggest competition, but with each FaceTime, every Zoom meeting, and each text message, the Longhorns slowly chip away for his signature. Jackson will also be an early enrollee.

Interesting. What would you do? Go with the school you've been a fan of since grade school. Or go to the school in which you know the coach can develop you to the next level, the NFL. Or go with the school in which you love all the coaches and feel at home? Tough decision.

CountryFrog

Interesting. What would you do? Go with the school you've been a fan of since grade school. Or go to the school in which you know the coach can develop you to the next level, the NFL. Or go with the school in which you love all the coaches and feel at home? Tough decision.
I would choose option D - Go hide in an underground cave for the rest of my life until all disease has been eradicated from the planet.

DISCLAIMER: Sorry to get off topic. Please no one give me any of your political opinions, scientific research papers, podcasts, or Twitter posts. I am just attempting to make a harmless joke and in no way want anything to do with another COVID debate. If you have any pancake opinions then feel free to share those.

Eight

curious? which school has a track record for developing receiver talent of the three?

Froggish

We need Ketron..He’s a day one upgrade. As athletic and physically gifted as Q Johnston and Savion Williams are, and they are monsters, Ketron is just as athletic but more polished as a pass catcher. All three of those guys could form an incredible WR group.

Last edited:

Eight

We need Ketron..He’s a day one upgrade. As athletic and physically gifted as Gary Johnston and Savion Williams are, and they are monsters, Ketron is just as athletic but more polished as a pass catcher. All three of those guys could form an incredible WR group.

he would be a great addition to the receiving group as he has the size to play outside and the athletic ability to play inside.

CryptoMiner

2022 4 star QB from Chandler AZ Nicco Marchiol from 247 Steve Wiltfong:

https://247sports.com/Article/Nicco...-quarterback-collective-recruiting-149653347/

Regarding TCU: “I think my relationship with Coach (Sonny) Cumbie and Coach (Kenny) Hill it’s been second to none. I just really like the Texas area and the Dallas area and they play in a great league and they’re starting to get some recruits and I can definitely be the first to start off the class and get something special going there.”

CountryFrog

2022 4 star QB from Chandler AZ Nicco Marchiol from 247 Steve Wiltfong:

https://247sports.com/Article/Nicco...-quarterback-collective-recruiting-149653347/

Regarding TCU: “I think my relationship with Coach (Sonny) Cumbie and Coach (Kenny) Hill it’s been second to none. I just really like the Texas area and the Dallas area and they play in a great league and they’re starting to get some recruits and I can definitely be the first to start off the class and get something special going there.”
Love the Dallas area

CryptoMiner

A couple of Dallas OL getting a little more interest:

Jack Leyrer 6-7/280 Highland Park offers inc Stan, AZ, BU, Tech, USC, and many others

Ryan Lengyel 6-5/280 Jesuit offers incl BU, AF, SHSU and lots of interest from Tech & UT