• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

westoverhillbilly

I could see one or both of these brothers coming back to Ft Worth with some eligibility left.. By that time, Gary may be able to get them on his terms- that the Dad stays the f away (assuming that's a problem as reported). Tuscaloosa sits very near a paper mill and is a stinky, dreadful place and their top bbq places are not good. The Brockermeyers are educated folks and may realize the football hype just isn't worth living in 2nd or 3rd world conditions for four or five years.

PhillyFrog

I could see one or both of these brothers coming back to Ft Worth with some eligibility left.. By that time, Gary may be able to get them on his terms- that the Dad stays the f away (assuming that's a problem as reported). Tuscaloosa sits very near a paper mill and is a stinky, dreadful place and their top bbq places are not good. The Brockermeyers are educated folks and may realize the football hype just isn't worth living in 2nd or 3rd world conditions for four or five years.

#WRFTS

(We run from this state)

CryptoMiner

Grad transfer OG/C from Dartmouth

Zach Sammartino 6-4/315 Excellent run blocker and has not allowed a sack in over 1200 snaps, granted 6th year of eligibility

Froggish

is zach a possibility or is he a roster addition?
Read an interview with him done a few days ago and it sounds like he has quite a few P5 options and he's looking for a place he's near guaranteed to start. I highly doubt TCU would tell him that. Baylor is also on him pretty heavy.

My take on SAMMARTINO -

If we take this guy TCU is horribly desperate (my opinion). Let Baylor have him.

He is a marginal Div 3 player. Why would Frogs search in that talent pool ?

FACTS ON SAMMARTINO:

1) At a very low level Div 3 team was not able to crack OLine starting lineup until his senior year while hiss team played some legendary powerhouse football giants such as MARIST (whoever that is), JACKSONVILLE TECH (huh?),
COLGATE COLLEGE (is this a girls team?), SACRED HEART COLLEGE (are you serious?), and STETSON COLLEGE (do they major in making Cowboy hats at this school? Geez !!). Against this kind of competition he was not able to become a starter until his senior year.

2) He was a ZERO STAR recruit out of High School. Had no offers so he didn't even merit one star.

3) Out of High School he had some great interest. No offers, but lots of very impressive football powerhouse interest. TOWSON TECH looked at him very closely and almost offered but declined at the last minute, or else he would have had a very highly coveted scholarship to TOWSON. TOLDEO COLLEGE and DUQUESNE TECHNICAL SCHOOL also looked very closely and almost offered but they backed off him too. He really wanted that very highly desired offer from Duquesne School of Arts, but unfortunately they backed off him. His final hope of an offer was from the College of Madison however that offer never came. They looked at him and declined.

And now he is qualified to be a savior on a B12 OLine ? The ignorance and foolishness on this board is world class. Let the Baylor idiots have him. They deserve players like that. Puck Faylor

Atomic Frawg

My take on SAMMARTINO -

If we take this guy TCU is horribly desperate (my opinion). Let Baylor have him.

He is a marginal Div 3 player. Why would Frogs search in that talent pool ?

FACTS ON SAMMARTINO:

1) At a very low level Div 3 team was not able to crack OLine starting lineup until his senior year while hiss team played some legendary powerhouse football giants such as MARIST (whoever that is), JACKSONVILLE TECH (huh?),
COLGATE COLLEGE (is this a girls team?), SACRED HEART COLLEGE (are you serious?), and STETSON COLLEGE (do they major in making Cowboy hats at this school? Geez !!). Against this kind of competition he was not able to become a starter until his senior year.

2) He was a ZERO STAR recruit out of High School. Had no offers so he didn't even merit one star.

3) Out of High School he had some great interest. No offers, but lots of very impressive football powerhouse interest. TOWSON TECH looked at him very closely and almost offered but declined at the last minute, or else he would have had a very highly coveted scholarship to TOWSON. TOLDEO COLLEGE and DUQUESNE TECHNICAL SCHOOL also looked very closely and almost offered but they backed off him too. He really wanted that very highly desired offer from Duquesne School of Arts, but unfortunately they backed off him. His final hope of an offer was from the College of Madison however that offer never came. They looked at him and declined.

And now he is qualified to be a savior on a B12 OLine ? The ignorance and foolishness on this board is world class. Let the Baylor idiots have him. They deserve players like that. Puck Faylor

Maybe they coached him up. ;)

You do realize he played JUNIOR VARSITY football his first two years at Dartmouth, right ?
Ivy League schools still have college JV teams for the players who can’t yet handle powerhouse opponents like STETSON COLLEGE and TOWSON TECH, and THE COLLEGE OF THE SACRED HEART.

His junior year he only played on special teams because he still couldn’t quite handle THE COLLEGE OF MERCER and DUQUESNE TECHNICAL SCHOOL.

It wasn’t until his senior year that the coaches dared to throw him into that meat grinder of a schedule against those historic and legendary powerhouse teams.

What fantastic coaches to finally be able to “coach up” an ordinary kid to sit the bench for three yrs and finally play for one season against that kind of opponents in his senior year !!

I wonder how they were able to “coach him up” like that in just 4 yrs against that kind of stiff competition ?

How did they do it ? Wow !!

Maybe they coached him up. ;)

Atomic Frawg

You do realize he played JUNIOR VARSITY football his first two years at Dartmouth, right ?
Ivy League schools still have college JV teams for the players who can’t yet handle powerhouse opponents like STETSON COLLEGE and TOWSON TECH, and THE COLLEGE OF THE SACRED HEART.

His junior year he only played on special teams because he still couldn’t quite handle THE COLLEGE OF MERCER and DUQUESNE TECHNICAL SCHOOL.

It wasn’t until his senior year that the coaches dared to throw him into that meat grinder of a schedule against those historic and legendary powerhouse teams.

What fantastic coaches to finally be able to “coach up” an ordinary kid to sit the bench for three yrs and finally play for one season against that kind of opponents in his senior year !!

I wonder how they were able to “coach him up” like that in just 4 yrs against that kind of stiff competition ?

How did they do it ? Wow !!

C'mon, now. I think you're holding back. Tell me how you really feel.

Palliative Care

SAMMARTINO is another available player as TCU now uses the transfer rules to its advantage.

No one here ever said that SAMMARTINO is the second coming of LUCAS NIANG or that he would "save the offensive line". But to not take a look would be stupid beyond believe.

If you see something in him that leads you to believe he could immediately made a difference on this team this year...take him (provided he actually wants to come here).

If not don't take a flier. It is not the end of the world nor will it save the world either way. To make such a big deal out one guy like him in the transfer portal is lame. We all have bigger fish to fry these days.

froginmn

FACTS ON SAMMARTINO:

You might have wanted to include the information that his "senior year" was his second year of eligibility.

He apparently redshirted (and played for their JV) his first year, then sat out his second with an injury. Played in special teams situations as a freshman, then started as a sophomore, and again as a junior.

This stellar information you provided is why I have you on ignore. Decided to show ignored content and regret it.

https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/football/roster/zach-sammartino/18508

Edit: and his great uncle is wrestler Bruno Sammartino, which should be reason enough to take him.

Last edited: