• The KillerFrogs

ESPN alert - Big 10 going to conference only

Bob Sugar

No, it’s basically a 5th year of HS, if I understand What he’s referring to. It’s rare, well...pre-COVID, but it happens

asleep003

I'm not arguing for it, but I'd rather have her on campus then in my basement.

And given that she might get a fever for a couple days, I hope they go fully on campus.
There is the little girl(13) in the hospital for 2 week presently with fever jumping from 101 to 103 back and forth, while supposedly parents saying they were careful. Please don't get that cavalierish attitude towards your loved ones. Be strong!

LVH

The SEC and Big 12 and the Pac 12 have a big opportunity here.

Let's see if they can capitalize on it, or cave to the panic merchants

I see the Pac 12 bowing out, but give us a SEC-Big 12 partnership for this year and the two leagues can rule the roost

ifrog

I see the Pac 12 bowing out, but give us a SEC-Big 12 partnership for this year and the two leagues can rule the roost

What’s the end game? Play against each other? That would be fun if that’s all we get, but it wouldn’t accomplish anything except for a glorified Big12/SEC challenge like in basketball. IMO not worth the risk

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

With the PAC ruled by an insane fop as Governor, I believe they're out. But, the SEC/BIGXII Season Challenge? Ohh yeah!!!

Bob Sugar

There is the little girl(13) in the hospital for 2 week presently with fever jumping from 101 to 103 back and forth, while supposedly parents saying they were careful. Please don't get that cavalierish attitude towards your loved ones. Be strong!
Yeah, that sucks. Same as it sucks for kids in the hospital with 100 different ailments that we don’t shut the world down for, or even alter our lives one iota. I hope she makes a swift recovery

Virginia Frog

With ND’s ACC schedule alliance and the league’s 8-game schedule they would probably actually add ACC opponents and they would work to get each team to 9.

BYU is probably in a lot of trouble though.
ND would probably get an ACC "olive branch" - they've already have 5 ACC teams on the schedule - and re-slice the pie and alter schedules to get them 9 or 10 games. (There would have to be some provision that ND canNOT be awarded the conference championship or contend for a playoff berth.)

BYU could have a 5 home and 5 away series with Liberty. (a big bust I believe, nobody would watch)

There are only 4 other football Indys nowadays: Army, UMass, NMexSt, and new this year UConn. Maybe they cound create a "shotgun" conference for '20.

It'll be interesting to see what comes to pass.

Bizarro Frog

Maybe this will push ND to join a conference. Any conference would be smart to let them join and keep their TV contract. As much as we dis them they bring eyeballs to TV sets. They are a great villain of the highest order and makes for great theatre if you are rooting against them.

Eight

Read yesterday that several parents are beginning to sue universities that do not intend to change pricing. Don't blame them. It's going to be a messy situation for colleges to try and justify no change to tuition while forcing 100% virtual classes.

this morning over coffee a friend who is a retired chevron project manager and an aggie mechanical engineer to the grave started on how the high school that is near him better open up because he counted 12 principals on their website the other day and he wants to know what they will be doing if schools don't reopen because he doesn't feel it is right that much of his property taxes go to people who aren't doing anything

not sure how accurate his numbers and the theory, but this could get fairly interesting if we see education take a semester off campus

jake102

this morning over coffee a friend who is a retired chevron project manager and an aggie mechanical engineer to the grave started on how the high school that is near him better open up because he counted 12 principals on their website the other day and he wants to know what they will be doing if schools don't reopen because he doesn't feel it is right that much of his property taxes go to people who aren't doing anything

Longest sentence ever

I'd be fine saying "pocket the money and pay debts/save for rainy day/improve schools" but we all know that it will stop at "pocket the money"