• The KillerFrogs

ESPN alert - Big 10 going to conference only

LVH

Democrats are ruining this country with their constant fear mongering and panic over this virus that is basically the flu

froginmn

you serious Clark?

to me the risk of spread comes from living in the dorms. if they are going to allow that why not have in person classes?
Are you serious? Having 20-30 kids in the same classroom, then moving to another classroom with a different set of 20-30 kids, is a lot more of a spread risk than having the same two kids sharing a dorm room.

Zubaz

Yes, the democrats, who currently run as many as zero federal government agencies responsible for the nation’s leadership through/response to this crisis.
If I recall, he considers pretty much anyone outside of the Trump circle to be part of the broader "establishment" problem. See his response to Abbott, very much not a Democrat, and his recent order.

tcumaniac

Are you serious? Having 20-30 kids in the same classroom, then moving to another classroom with a different set of 20-30 kids, is a lot more of a spread risk than having the same two kids sharing a dorm room.
Yeah- I'm sure those kids will stay in their dorm with just their roommate, and won't go in other peoples' dorm rooms, and won't gather in big groups, or go to parties together.

froginmn

Yeah- I'm sure those kids will stay in their dorm with just their roommate, and won't go in other peoples' dorm rooms, and won't gather in big groups, or go to parties together.
Same risk of that if classes are in person or online with students on campus, though.

With in person classes, you have additional spread when they go to class.

asleep003

So explain how you can definitively prove the Big 12 or SEC is a better league than the AAC without non conference games...
It's very simple LVH ... as someone who prides himself(and I mean himself) on market/ $s/ common sense, you should have figured it out.

Since the P5s will be having minimal to no fans, most will acknowledge, you're going to have a much bigger TV audience with Rutgers vs Sota/Wisky/other B10s than Temple. It's an obvious Financial decision than a safety issue.

Fosterpark Squatter

You can't have a 4 team playoff if everyone goes conference only.

The only way to measure conference strength is non conference games.

If all games are contained to conference play, how can one possibly definitively say a 12-0 Alabama is better than a 12-0 Appalachian State or UCF?

Article says wouldnt happen for a few years but dont see why it couldn't be expedited to this year especially if everyone goes conference only.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-the-fi...ege-football-playoff-expansion-160851276.html

jake102

Right. Thinking it will be on campus, but with classes from the dorms, which also sucks but you at least get the campus experience.

Oh so the students will avoid the least risky part of being on campus while engaging in the most risky part more often (being in the dorms)

Edit: I'm slow on the get-up, everyone seems to see the ironie

froginmn

Oh so the students will avoid the least risky part of being on campus while engaging in the most risky part more often (being in the dorms)

Edit: I'm slow on the get-up, everyone seems to see the ironie
I'm not arguing for it, but I'd rather have her on campus then in my basement.

And given that she might get a fever for a couple days, I hope they go fully on campus.

jake102

I'm not arguing for it, but I'd rather have her on campus then in my basement.

And given that she might get a fever for a couple days, I hope they go fully on campus.

Yeah I hear you, and sounds great for her, but the ironie of having online classes while kids sit in dorms is awesome. It's like we've all gone insane

froginmn

Yeah I hear you, and sounds great for her, but the ironie of having online classes while kids sit in dorms is awesome. It's like we've all gone insane
We're a long way past insane.

She's one of many kids who lost out on the senior year. Missed her last softball season (was to have been captain), missed a band trip to Europe, missed prom and graduation.

I sure as hell don't want her to miss out any more than she has to on the college experience.

jake102

She's one of many kids who lost out on the senior year. Missed her last softball season (was to have been captain), missed a band trip to Europe, missed prom and graduation.

I sure as hell don't want her to miss out any more than she has to on the college experience.

Just curious - has she considered a gap year? Can still have the four year ex

asleep003

o_O you're serious ?*!?$#?!%? ... pause, she could wait til 2021 for on campus living.

froginmn

Just curious - has she considered a gap year? Can still have the four year ex
Yes but not real seriously, at least to this point. We need to understand whether what she saw is indicative of a shift to all online learning.

One of the issues with a gap year is, does it mean that you'd need to reapply to schools, and be considered for admission along with all of next year's seniors AND any other kids who take a gap year? She was a direct admit to their business school and pursuing a major (actuarial science) where they are strong.

And, she doesn't know what she'd do with that year either...

asleep003

Yes but not real seriously, at least to this point. We need to understand whether what she saw is indicative of a shift to all online learning.

One of the issues with a gap year is, does it mean that you'd need to reapply to schools, and be considered for admission along with all of next year's seniors AND any other kids who take a gap year? She was a direct admit to their business school and pursuing a major (actuarial science) where they are strong.

And, she doesn't know what she'd do with that year either...
Guessing only that Jake meant a gap year as an on campus student vs an online student... then she would be a sophomore on campus student 2021. but if that's wasn't his position ... that seems to be the way.

Last edited: