• The KillerFrogs

Patterson’s streak of bounce back seasons is over....

TRF51

So there is a source of unemployed and immediately available OC's who can come in and fix everything right away? No offseason needed to implement their system? I was not aware that was the case.

You are right, our hope for this year is he figures it out. GP mentioned we need to play with more tempo, maybe that will help. I was being sarcastic, I am not a dumb ass. I do think GP needs to be on the look out for a new OC going forward because Cumbie has not had a ton of success, IMO.

robbroyy

So people think having a new OC fixes the WR problems. Play calling and WRs aren’t the same thing.

If Cumbie went away from throwing everyone would kill him for being too conservative.

He’s the low hanging fruit for people to jump on. I think GP is more upset with the personnel choices than the play calls. He doesn’t want WRs out there who won’t block and definitely those that don’t catch.

Play calling except for 2 drives in the 2nd quarter was NOT the problem.

Deltons lack of feeling the rush
OL not getting consistent push
WR blocking and dropped passes
Duggan’s inaccuracy

All worse problems than Cumbie.

Since you can’t change out players during the season fans want to change out the coach. Doesn’t work that way.

Moose Stuff

So people think having a new OC fixes the WR problems. Play calling and WRs aren’t the same thing.

If Cumbie went away from throwing everyone would kill him for being too conservative.

He’s the low hanging fruit for people to jump on. I think GP is more upset with the personnel choices than the play calls. He doesn’t want WRs out there who won’t block and definitely those that don’t catch.

Duggan’s inaccuracy

Since you can’t change out players during the season fans want to change out the coach. Doesn’t work that way.

I’m not real worried about Duggan’s inaccuracy.

y2kFrog

Duggan’s inaccuracy

I’m not on board changing OC’s midseason, but I’m pretty sure the Coordinators job is to make sure all the things on your list get taught to the respective positions.

BTW, I think what we really need to do is choose a QB (preferably Duggan) and roll with it. Until then you will see all kinds of inconsistency.

4th. down

I don't know where this inaccuracy comes from, he was +- 70% completion, which included the drops and he had no interceptions or fumbles. For a true freshman QB in his first game since HS, damn good, I thought, and I don't care if it was APB, it's still good - he can beat Purdue if he gets his minutes.

Froggy Style

Funny, I was thinking that we've found a passer, and if he get's all of the series, that the running game will fourish. 8-9 wins.

Problem is our coaches made this same mistake last year going with the running QB that couldn't pass without a turnover.

If Gary makes the same mistake twice, it's on him, twice. This blame Cumbie routine doesn't fly.

Moose Stuff

I don't know where this inaccuracy comes from, he was +- 70% completion, which included the drops and he had no interceptions or fumbles. For a true freshman QB in his first game since HS, damn good, I thought, and I don't care if it was APB, it's still good - he can beat Purdue if he gets his minutes.

Yeah, I mean he sailed a couple throws simply because he put too much on them but other than that he was fine. I felt better about him after his first game than I did about Andy Dalton.

4 Oaks Frog

This is a 6-6 team!!

Can a football team wear dresses or skirts by ncaa rules?!
Who the hell are you, and why do you have this obsession of dressing in women’s clothing? Your joke isn’t funny! You started another thread to tell the same not funny joke again? That is just sad. We have one game where we beat our opponent by over 30 points, and suddenly we are the scheissing Titanic? Go complain the Tide because your colors aren’t coming out bright enough!
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

ATC Frog

I don't know where this inaccuracy comes from, he was +- 70% completion, which included the drops and he had no interceptions or LOST fumbles. For a true freshman QB in his first game since HS, damn good, I thought, and I don't care if it was APB, it's still good - he can beat Purdue if he gets his minutes.

FIFY.

He had one egregious fumble that thankfully rolled out of bounds before damage could be inflicted.

I agree with your overall point though.

flyfishingfrog

Yeah - I am ok with him missing a guy on a curl for 10 yds occasionally when he also hits a guy in stride for a 30 yd TD - we have not had a qb that could do that without dumb luck and a 5 yd gap in the defense since DeuceBoogie - and that might have been more Doctson than Boykin

Last edited: