• The KillerFrogs

Patterson’s streak of bounce back seasons is over....

Obvious Troll

Why can't we just get Mike Leach to coach offense?
WSU can't be paying him much.
Plus the chance to hang 80 on hapless tech.
Let's get this done stat.
SRX_WSUCAL_051_tt.JPG.jpg

Deep Purple

This is a 6-6 team!!
I usually never bet or gamble, but OMG do I Iove the odds on this one. Not only am I confident this is not a 6-6 team, I love your misguided overconfidence to the extent of two exclamation points ("!!"). So this non-gambler is ready to lay some money down.

How's about $500 straight up?

Or were you just shooting your mouth off without engaging the brain? (Not uncommon on this board.)

Dogfrog

I don't know where this inaccuracy comes from, he was +- 70% completion, which included the drops and he had no interceptions or fumbles. For a true freshman QB in his first game since HS, damn good, I thought, and I don't care if it was APB, it's still good - he can beat Purdue if he gets his minutes.

Don’t disagree but Delton had two TD’s dropped IMO. One to Hights that was a clear pass interference (DB held his arm down) not called, and a drop by Davis in end zone that should have been caught. Delton was very close to having an excellent game.

Eight

Don’t disagree but Delton had two TD’s dropped IMO. One to Hights that was a clear pass interference (DB held his arm down) not called, and a drop by Davis in end zone that should have been caught. Delton was very close to having an excellent game.

the receivers had some drops on balls they could have caught, but it isn't as if the drops on the delton throws were chest high throws right in their hands.

patterson keeps mentioning the ball to davis that could have been a touchdown and that play should have gone for a touchdown. derius could have made the leaping catch, but that throw also should have been lower as delton had a clear line on the thrown and he wasn't under pressure.

the ball on the sideline to reagor that got dropped hung up, was again over thrown and when reagor came down with the ball he brought it down on the defensive back.

the worst drop on a delton thrown ball to me was the slant to john stephens where john appeared to look to run before he made the catch.

both quarterbacks had chances to have bigger nights. duggan missed barber on the deep seam route when he really didn't give taye a chance to make the catch, he rushed after the mishandled snap and missed and open davis on the run on the short slant, and he missed davis again when derius cleared from the defender in the end zone and max completely missed the throw.

i find the comments about the drops interesting because when i go back and look at the throws they remind me a bit of some of robinson's missed throws.

duggan has to hit the throws he missed if the frogs are going to be an 8+ win team, but i can accept a true freshman missing those more than a fifth year senior.

4th. down

Absolutely. He didn't have a turnover and 2 important drops. That holding Hights right arm was blatant. Impossible to catch that deep pass with 1 hand, but still, Max 70%, no turnovers, and the TDs.

Frog-in-law1995

Against Samford in 2014 we averaged 5.78 yards per play, ran for 4.3 yards per carry, and our top QB rating (Boykin) was 85.9. We won the game by 34 points.

Against Arkansas Pine Bluff, we averaged 5.97 yards per play, ran for 5.6 yards per carry, our top QB rating (Duggan) was 94.4, and we won the game by 32 points.

Everybody chill the scheiss out. If you are posting or liking all this negative stuff, get a grip. Go outside and get some fresh air or something.

ATC Frog

Against Samford in 2014 we averaged 5.78 yards per play, ran for 4.3 yards per carry, and our top QB rating (Boykin) was 85.9. We won the game by 34 points.

Against Arkansas Pine Bluff, we averaged 5.97 yards per play, ran for 5.6 yards per carry, our top QB rating (Duggan) was 94.4, and we won the game by 32 points.

Everybody chill the scheiss out. If you are posting or liking all this negative stuff, get a grip. Go outside and get some fresh air or something.

Well done, sir. This comparison puts a lot of things in perspective.

Frog-in-law1995

Well done, sir. This comparison puts a lot of things in perspective.

I like to think it will help, but it won’t. As Gary Larson, perhaps the greatest observer of human nature in all history, once noted, some people see the glass as half full, some see the glass as half empty, and some want to just [ hundin] and moan because they’d prefer something besides water.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I like to think it will help, but it won’t. As Gary Larson, perhaps the greatest observer of human nature in all history, once noted, some people see the glass as half full, some see the glass as half empty, and some want to just [ hundin] and moan because they’d prefer something besides water.
As has been proven in the past month, they did want something other than water. They wanted beer. Then when they got beer they bitched about that too.

Zubaz

Counterpoint: TCU Offense's drive chart against Samford
Touchdown
Punt
Touchdown
Interception
Touchdown
Field Goal
Punt
(Halftime up 24-7)
Punt
Touchdown
Field Goal
Touchdown (Boykin pulled after this drive up 41-7)
Touchdown
Interception returned for touchdown (Joeckel)
TCU wins 48-14
Offense: 6 Touchdowns, 33 first downs, 555 total yards (355 passing), 2 turnovers (one for a score)

Here's the drive chart against UAPB:
Field Goal
Fumble
Touchdown
Punt
Punt
Field Goal
Field Goal
(Halftime up 16-0)
Field Goal
Field Goal
Punt
Touchdown
Punt
Field Goal
Touchdown (0:48 left in the game)
TCU wins 39-7
Offense: 3 Touchdowns, 25 first downs, 484 yards (284 passing), 2 turnovers

I dunno man, I know which offense looks better to me. Better redzone performance, more yards, better passing, etc.

punter9

Get out of here with all of this factual well stated information!

Frog-in-law1995

Touchdown
Punt
Touchdown
Interception
Touchdown
Field Goal
Punt
(Halftime up 24-7)
Punt
Touchdown
Field Goal
Touchdown
TCU wins 48-14
Offense: 6 Touchdowns, 33 first downs, 555 total yards (355 passing), 2 turnovers (one for a score)

Field Goal
Fumble
Touchdown
Punt
Punt
Field Goal
Field Goal
(Halftime up 16-0)
Field Goal
Field Goal
Punt
Touchdown
Punt
Field Goal
TCU wins 39-7

I dunno man, I know which offense looks better to me. Better redzone performance, more yards, better passing, etc.

Offense #2. Higher yards per play. Higher yards per rush. Plus consider the benefit of going with 1 QB through 3.5 quarters. And if you just look at Duggan’s drives vs Boykin’s, points per drive were nearly identical (3.33 to 3.42).

Last edited:

Wexahu

Touchdown
Punt
Touchdown
Interception
Touchdown
Field Goal
Punt
(Halftime up 24-7)
Punt
Touchdown
Field Goal
Touchdown
TCU wins 48-14

Field Goal
Fumble
Touchdown
Punt
Punt
Field Goal
Field Goal
(Halftime up 16-0)
Field Goal
Field Goal
Punt
Touchdown
Punt
Field Goal
TCU wins 39-7

All FCS teams are not even remotely equal, even though they are often treated as such. I'm sure I'm blowing this past Saturday's performance way way out of proportion just like a lot of other people here, but we played a team and a program that is far, far inferior to Samfords and it didn't look near as easy as it should have. And we don't have a game this weekend so naturally talk about this one is going to linger awhile because its about the only thing tangible to talk about.