• The KillerFrogs

TCU Football Releases 2019 Football Depth Chart

Eight

Every successful Off scheme in today’s game is essentially trying to accomplish 2 things..

1. Disguise intention (run/pass,how/where..)
2. Create 1 on 1s..(aka space for the ball holder)

That’s football...Does it still require you to be physical? Sure..Does it still require your players to win their one on one matchups? Absolutely...

Knowing that the sport of football today really operates with those two caveman basic principles in mind, and that modern rules actually favor the offense accomplishing these principles. You can watch TCU football since Cumbie has been OC and see his schemes are really weak.

To over simplify..We rarely disguise our intentions well and we just don’t get guys in space often. Every pass downfield is a contested ball to a guy fight his arse off to get any space or run after catch.

For those who say it’s the players fault for not winning 1 on 1s, I ask why has been a problem for 3 years now? Our across the board talent is off the charts better then its ever been and we presumably have coaches that are smart and motivate well. The only real answer is that our scheme sucks.

We don’t disguise well...We don’t create 1 on 1s well...

Go watch a go a good offense and you’ll see space to work in..Riley does this better then almost anyone in college..Space everywhere. Defenses don’t know what coming and can’t adjust in time..

i would love seeing reagor put in the slot more where the defense has to decide to move a corner with him or try to cover him with a safety.

i would love seeing reagor being put in motion or anything to try to get him free releases off the line.

in the running game i would like to see the counter action in the run game come back as they used it two years ago. with the offset back last year most everything in the run game flowed in the direction of the back with the exception of the zone read.

one big reason that reverse to reagor was so wide open against baylor.

LawFrog504

I swear to almighty god, if we come out the first 2-3 weeks and show no creativity with how we use Reagor, I will not watch a single down of this offense. I undoubtedly will live 3-5 fewer years because of the absolute malpractice that was last year's offense.

4th. down

I swear to almighty god, if we come out the first 2-3 weeks and show no creativity with how we use Reagor, I will not watch a single down of this offense. I undoubtedly will live 3-5 fewer years because of the absolute malpractice that was last year's offense.

That's telling it like it is.

We will know with certainty this year if Sonny is our OC and QB coach. No excuses that we don't have talent at that position with 5 QB's.

Froggish

i would love seeing reagor put in the slot more where the defense has to decide to move a corner with him or try to cover him with a safety.

i would love seeing reagor being put in motion or anything to try to get him free releases off the line.

in the running game i would like to see the counter action in the run game come back as they used it two years ago. with the offset back last year most everything in the run game flowed in the direction of the back with the exception of the zone read.

one big reason that reverse to reagor was so wide open against baylor.

OU runs that counter 15 -20 times a game. It’s been interesting how they have changed it under Riley..It went from being a power counter to now being used in their RPO for misdirection. I expect them to run Hurts out of that a ton this year..

Moving Reagor around the field and and trying to get some actual big bodies into the slot are two of the main things I’d like to see happen. I also wouldn’t mind getting the occasional lead blocker from TE/FB/H-Bk for DA and Sewo..

Frogmore

THIS cannot be overlooked. To me it's obvious. We bring in 2 QB's in the offseason for a reason. I fear the primary reason is the coaches don't think Justin ever returns to 100%, Duggan is a true freshman, and that only leaves Collins and Delton. If Justin ever returned to 100%, don't believe we have anyone who could beat him this year.
This has been my thoughts all along. If JR was 98 percent and improving and if Collins was the guy, there would be no off season transfers. I think Delton is the guy we can plug in right away because he's got experience, but Baldwin will be the guy they look to if they are going for a more pass heavy game. Now, if we can just get Baldwin's waiver and some word on his return date.

I swear to almighty God, if you say you're not going to watch this team for whatever reason again, still, nobody will give a crap.

McFroggin

This has been my thoughts all along. If JR was 98 percent and improving and if Collins was the guy, there would be no off season transfers. I think Delton is the guy we can plug in right away because he's got experience, but Baldwin will be the guy they look to if they are going for a more pass heavy game. Now, if we can just get Baldwin's waiver and some word on his return date.

Waiver is a virtual lock.

McFroggin

Based on what?

This year’s immediate eligibility rate is 80% regardless of reason. It’s gotten much easier. His waiver is very similar to Tate Martell’s which was granted. Not only is the waiver similar in context, but they went to the same school and are dealing with the same situation. Additionally the NCAA granted Justin Fields a waiver that negatively effected Baldwin. Add in that the waiver sites personal issues that are prompting a transfer much closer to home. We are much closer to home. The NCAA often rules in favor of these transfers even without the other factors.

Added all up, the odds are massively in favor of Baldwin getting a waiver.

frogforlife

This year’s immediate eligibility rate is 80% regardless of reason. It’s gotten much easier. His waiver is very similar to Tate Martell’s which was granted. Not only is the waiver similar in context, but they went to the same school and are dealing with the same situation. Additionally the NCAA granted Justin Fields a waiver that negatively effected Baldwin. Add in that the waiver sites personal issues that are prompting a transfer much closer to home. We are much closer to home. The NCAA often rules in favor of these transfers even without the other factors.

You might want to offer your assessment to the staff. They feel, from the top down, that his chances are no better than 25%.

y2kFrog

I don’t how much creativity will have to show the first 3 games this year. Purdue maybe a little, but don’t judge against these opponents good or bad.

McFroggin

You might want to offer your assessment to the staff. They feel, from the top down, that his chances are no better than 25%.

Then you aren’t talking to the right people.

With 0 special circumstances, the odds have been 80%. If he doesn’t get it, I would even assist in getting him an attorney to sue the NCAA . It’s a slam dunk approval.

Froggish

Then you aren’t talking to the right people.

With 0 special circumstances, the odds have been 80%. If he doesn’t get it, I would even assist in getting him an attorney to sue the NCAA . It’s a slam dunk approval.

It’s the NCAA...Nothing is a slam dunk but that they will screw some [ Finebaum ] up every day until the end of time..

McFroggin

It’s the NCAA...Nothing is a slam dunk but that they will screw some [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] up every day until the end of time..

This isn’t a subjective penalty or committee that can rank teams however it pleases.

There are rules, precedent, paper trail, etc. for waivers. Baldwin has basically the same paperwork as Martell. Same school, same reasons, same position. It’s an obvious rubber stamp. If the NCAA is so anti-TCU as to reject this, I’d volunteer to help put together a lawsuit against the NCAA with Baldwin’s permission.

LeagueCityFrog

Phil Steele's 2019 Magazine hit the Texas shelves this morning. This is usually a great preview of what's going to happen. Phil also calls each head ball coach about two weeks before print so he has the most current info on the teams.

He has the following rankings: #5 OU, #11 UT, #14 TCU, #21 Iowa State.

Items of note, TCU is maybe the second heaviest OL in the Big XII this year at and average of 307lbs. It lists Coy McMillon starting over Kelton Hollis at Center and it shows Coy at 280 lbs. Oklahoma averages 321 lbs. Coy needs to add another 15 lbs this summer. We are taller though than OU.

It lists Alex Delton as the starter at quarterback, the Ohio State kid as the #2, #3 Mike Collins, #4 Justin Rogers.

He thinks TCU will challenge for the Big XII crown this year. I think this season comes down to the East Side being up and rocking by the time UT comes to town and making a revenge for the loss we had up in Ames two seasons ago to Iowa State. That game was AWFUL to watch our offense!

Gary would not have let Phil Steele put the Ohio State kid at #2 if he didn't think he would play this season. Also.... Shawn Robinson was not listed to be available to play at Mizzou this year despite his parents' efforts to trash TCU out the door.

Jalen Reagor is on the cover of this year's regional edition of the magazine.

I got mine at Barnes and Noble.

Only head scratcher I read was Phil saying he can see Texas competing for the national title this year. They lose 14 starters from last year and didn't TCU beat them 4 years in a row something like a combined score of 155-35 and they have to come to Cowtown this October. That will be their third and final game away from DKR that month and they will have already been potentially beaten up by LSU and OU before they roll into Funky Town. Just sayin'

netty2424

Gotcha. It seems as though he should get the waiver based on similar recent waivers.

I was curious if you’d heard something concrete that wasn’t public yet.