• The KillerFrogs

Interesting Jeremy Clark tweet....

Mean Purple

This is exactly what I was thinking. Nobody else but Coach P and his staff offered these guys the opportunity to compete at the level they did. Unfortunately, none of them seem very grateful, and now, if anything, they overvalue their abilities.
I think now we are seeing WHY nobody else offered them.

netty2424

Yep, Coach P flew around in his Ancient Alien space craft handing out Benjamins to this knucklehead’s relatives. Forgot to mention that the Easter Bunny was piloting the the ship...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] & whiney DBs
giphy.gif

Froggish

The tweet is just Jeremy giving his opinion. I feel for Ray as it looks like there’s something more going on with him but this tweet, to me, is unnecessary.

I’m willing to cut the kid some slack..He gave us four years of toughness and sometimes it’s hard to swallow that it just isn’t good enough..I’m sure his remarks are really just his disappointment of not getting an NFL shot..

Nobody can beat me in a game of pickup hoops because I will always “pull a hammy” before that last bucket drops...Or in this situation “I can’t get a shot at the NFL because GP made me play hurt and now is telling everyone I’m damaged goods”...Excuses born out frustration

Eight

ray's story had the potential to be one of those feel good stories.

he transfers high schools his junior season and has to play the entire season on the junior varsity so he basically gets no attention from college recruiters.

senior season he starts at corner for a perenial georgia power that wins a state title.

frogs are in atlanta recruiting another player and the staff does what they do best, go to various high schools and ask who is not being recruited by the big schools that is being overlooked. name that pops up is ridwan.

frogs come in late and he gets an offer from tcu otherwise he is headed to georgia state.

he starts at corner with the frogs, struggles and gets moved inside. he plays in 51 games, was second on the defense in total tackles in 2017 and 2018, and led the defense in solos this past year after quitting or whatever he did last spring or summer.

if i am not mistaken he did graduate and now we have a prolonged melt down on twitter which again should remind all athletes that social media is the devil and you need to have at least one person close to you who will tell you the truth when you are acting a damn fool.

Frozen Frog

I always thought Issahaku was a decent player, but I don't think he ever was a NFL guy. There is pressure on some of these guys by their communities to make it to the NFL. Others have been told all their life that they are going to play on Sundays. They were the stars. The problem is people fail to realize that the odds of making to a NFL roster is extremely low. I won't bore anyone with the math. So by not making it to the NFL they view it as a failure. Many of these players view college as a path to the NFL and ignore the other opportunities. It's hard being great at something your entire life and now realizing that finally you aren't good enough to do it anymore.

I also think Gary Patterson is one of the more demanding coaches in football. I think there have been a few guys who thought they could coast through this program and found out the hard way that doesn't happen at TCU. When Coach P had his knee replaced he brought up some frustrations with the recovery program especially with laziness by players. He worked to get better while he noticed a few players milking it. That didn't sit well. This isn't high school. It is time to work. You can't half do it anymore. Maybe you were a two sport star in high school, but that is rare in college. You have to be focused.

I think a lot of these players may be learning there is a huge difference between being hurt and injured.