• The KillerFrogs

Big 12/SEC Thread

Armadillo

How many possessions can we waste?

You may need a timeout in the next GDT.

You really ought to review all your posts in this thread. Wow. I woulda thought we'd lost by 30 today.

I suggest just taking a timeout in the next GDT. I do it sometimes. It's soothing. Hell, even Maniac does it sometimes.

MTfrog5

Texas probably got Shaka fired today. They had been able to hang their hat on tough defense. Today UGA turns it over 26 times and still scores 98 points. I’m not sure I’ve seen anything like that before at any level

Pharm Frog

Texas probably got Shaka fired today. They had been able to hang their hat on tough defense. Today UGA turns it over 26 times and still scores 98 points. I’m not sure I’ve seen anything like that before at any level

Do you really think so? You hearing something? I would generally agree but I watched the game on Wednesday evening down in Austin with some pretty vocal UT alums and there was a bodacious amount of “I don’t give a damn” about it.

It’s not that they like or don’t like Smart, it’s that they just don’t seem to have energy about it. Same feeling listening to their sportscasts on the radio on Thursday. Will CDC make this move without big cigar pressure? He sure lit up their track program quickly but I just don’t get that vibe on men’s BB.

MTfrog5

Do you really think so? You hearing something? I would generally agree but I watched the game on Wednesday evening down in Austin with some pretty vocal UT alums and there was a bodacious amount of “I don’t give a damn” about it.

It’s not that they like or don’t like Smart, it’s that they just don’t seem to have energy about it. Same feeling listening to their sportscasts on the radio on Thursday. Will CDC make this move without big cigar pressure? He sure lit up their track program quickly but I just don’t get that vibe on men’s BB.
My main thinking has to do with CDC not hiring him and that they have not improved under him. I think what you said about big alums not giving a damn is troubling as well because that seems to be the way everyone feels about the program. The excitement is gone with Shaka. I think CDC will try to get the excitement back before they open their new arena.

Eight

smart is owed over $13 million on his contract so unless some people decide to care enough in austin to pay some of it he is staying a bit longer

MTfrog5

smart is owed over $13 million on his contract so unless some people decide to care enough in austin to pay some of it he is staying a bit longer
Wow that’s more than I would have thought. Patterson was such a bad AD for them. Going to take some big wigs throwing some money into the buyout for CDC to do anything then

Eight

Wow that’s more than I would have thought. Patterson was such a bad AD for them. Going to take some big wigs throwing some money into the buyout for CDC to do anything then

if the minister of culture hadn't spent it all on the suit he might have been able to help out

the question is does smart hinder cdc's fund raising efforts on the new arena or does he keep shaka and then when the number gets lower uses the new building to try to lure a new coach to austin

Farmfrog

UT got stale under Barnes but you can see how he’s done at the other UT to know the guy can coach. Smart has not given them an identity and that’s hurt. I hope they keep him around a little longer.