• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

MTfrog5

I think I gave you ship about your early decorating, but last week one of my wife's friends mentioned to her how they had already decorated, so she mentioned it to my kids and they freaked out last weekend and demanded we decorate. I just stayed out of the interior decorating battle, but I told her there's no way in hell I'm hanging the lights till after Thanksgiving. Between the interior stuff, the Christmas music, and my wife finding a new addiction with these Hallmark holiday movies, I'm already defeated.
Yup Hallmark is currently on the TV so I can watch the Texas game after the movie.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I think I gave you ship about your early decorating, but last week one of my wife's friends mentioned to her how they had already decorated, so she mentioned it to my kids and they freaked out last weekend and demanded we decorate. I just stayed out of the interior decorating battle, but I told her there's no way in hell I'm hanging the lights till after Thanksgiving. Between the interior stuff, the Christmas music, and my wife finding a new addiction with these Hallmark holiday movies, I'm already defeated.
The hallmark movie thing. Is it gentically coded in females to enjoy them?

Here’s my theory:

Birth control pills were developed to include a gene recoding virus that made anyone that took them have an infallible addiction to all things Christmas. The longer a woman took them the more Christmasy they became. The Hallmark Channel paid huge money to develop the science knowing one day they could cash in.

This also explains why Christmas now starts in September and the increase in consumer debt.

My theory just needs funding for the research to prove it out.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I had to watch a couple of those stupid movies with quilter buddies in Houston last week. Gack!
And they're not just on Hallmark. Lifetime and some of the other cable channels are now doing it too.
This is one female who thinks they are an incredible waste of air space. I miss my Frasier and Grey's Anatomy reruns, among other shows.
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the good traditional Christmas movies, closer to Christmas.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
The hallmark movie thing. Is it gentically coded in females to enjoy them?

Here’s my theory:

Birth control pills were developed to include a gene recoding virus that made anyone that took them have an infallible addiction to all things Christmas. The longer a woman took them the more Christmasy they became. The Hallmark Channel paid huge money to develop the science knowing one day they could cash in.

This also explains why Christmas now starts in September and the increase in consumer debt.

My theory just needs funding for the research to prove it out.
o_O

Ron Swanson

I had to watch a couple of those stupid movies with quilter buddies in Houston last week. Gack!
And they're not just on Hallmark. Lifetime and some of the other cable channels are now doing it too.
This is one female who thinks they are an incredible waste of air space. I miss my Frasier and Grey's Anatomy reruns, among other shows.
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the good traditional Christmas movies, closer to Christmas.
Color me shocked that the girl posting on the football forum isn’t a huge Hallmark movie fan

My wife likes to watch those with her sister but they both laugh at how stupid they are while they’re watching them. At least they realize they are terrible and it is a known guilty pleasure

netty2424

Color me shocked that the girl posting on the football forum isn’t a huge Hallmark movie fan

My wife likes to watch those with her sister but they both laugh at how stupid they are while they’re watching them. At least they realize they are terrible and it is a known guilty pleasure
Basketball forum.

TCURiggs

Yeah my wife fired up the Hallmark movies November 1.

Damnedest thing I've ever seen. My wife doesn't give a ship about watching shows/TV, but she can't stop watching these things. She normally shuts it down around 10 or 10:30, but she stayed up till 1 last night watching that ship... latest she's stayed up since Nam. I was giving her a hard time about it today and she was like "I know, I couldn't help myself. Bad idea." Wild.

Purp

Update from a couple weeks ago from my wife putting up lights and our tree. Our neighbors have thought it was a good idea so there are four people around us with Christmas lights already done. I’m over decorating already.
Our lights went up Monday, but they won't get illuminated until after Thanksgiving. I had to hire a guy this year bc my extension ladder fell put from under me last year while taking them down. The ladder broke on the retaining wall for the flower bed and then swung forward and broke a window; all with me on it. Since I haven't bought a new ladder yet I had to hire the same guy I paid to take them down last year. It was either they go up this week or 2nd week of December.

Purp

How much do you charge for a consultation with my wife? Do you do hypnosis?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Our lights went up Monday, but they won't get illuminated until after Thanksgiving. I had to hire a guy this year bc my extension ladder fell put from under me last year while taking them down. The ladder broke on the retaining wall for the flower bed and then swung forward and broke a window; all with me on it. Since I haven't bought a new ladder yet I had to hire the same guy I paid to take them down last year. It was either they go up this week or 2nd week of December.
hooooah!

Purp

Yeah my wife fired up the Hallmark movies November 1.
Yup Hallmark is currently on the TV so I can watch the Texas game after the movie.
Welcome to the club. Those things are to women what booger sugar was/is to Michael Irvin. The most ridiculous garbage on TV and my emasculated father-in-law can't get enough of it either. Nothing ruins my holiday spirit like those darners.

Purp

So I started the new job Monday. The owner happened to be in the office Wednesday (he apparently only comes a few times a year) so I got to visit with him for a while. The guy started talking boat about CGP and TCU within minutes of meeting me. Turns out he's an incorrigible Baylor clown. To his credit, he acknowledged that we're their daddy and he can live with that as long as Texas doesn't stay better than them.

Not sure how much I'll enjoy this when he has us down at his ranch for a hunting trip. Might get a little heated after some beers.

Ron Swanson

So I started the new job Monday. The owner happened to be in the office Wednesday (he apparently only comes a few times a year) so I got to visit with him for a while. The guy started talking boat about CGP and TCU within minutes of meeting me. Turns out he's an incorrigible Baylor clown. To his credit, he acknowledged that we're their daddy and he can live with that as long as Texas doesn't stay better than them.

Not sure how much I'll enjoy this when he has us down at his ranch for a hunting trip. Might get a little heated after some beers.
Man that sucks

At least we are on a four game win streak against them.... you got that going for you, which is nice

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Dang, that sounds really scary!
(But I'd sure love to see a video of it.) :rolleyes: