• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
No offense to y'all that live in or love Austin, but the food here just does not do much for me. Add to that being stuck in down town for 3 days and I am so ready to get back home.

I was hit on by a homeless lady. So I got that going for me. ugh
giphy.gif

SnoSki

No offense to y'all that live in or love Austin, but the food here just does not do much for me. Add to that being stuck in down town for 3 days and I am so ready to get back home.

I haven’t had enough time there to say one way or another. With family in New Braunfels I’m usually just passing through.

That said I have only eaten at one local place there, Kerbey Lane cafe, and it was a pretty good migas plate. I wouldn’t say it was better than anything else I’ve had though.

Eight

I haven’t had enough time there to say one way or another. With family in New Braunfels I’m usually just passing through.

That said I have only eaten at one local place there, Kerbey Lane cafe, and it was a pretty good migas plate. I wouldn’t say it was better than anything else I’ve had though.

as with a number of the old austin stand bys that have multiplied over the years the location does matter a great deal on kerbey lane.

sadly some of the old classics have been moved out to make room for new development, condos etc.......

my feelings on austin are you have to go south of the river and even west of congress to find the "old ausitn" neighborhoods and vibe

Mean Purple

as with a number of the old austin stand bys that have multiplied over the years the location does matter a great deal on kerbey lane.

sadly some of the old classics have been moved out to make room for new development, condos etc.......

my feelings on austin are you have to go south of the river and even west of congress to find the "old ausitn" neighborhoods and vibe
I dont eat vibe. I'm a meat eater.

HFrog1999

Yeah, Austin is not a very good city for food. It has a few over rated and over crowded places.

San Antonio and Houston are better cites to eat in.

MTfrog5

Haha

The wife is in Christmas cheer mode as of today and keeps calling me a grinch cause I don’t feel like decorating.

I have to have the volume on the WVU/OSU game super loud right now to drown out the slaybells jingling in the other room.
Update from a couple weeks ago from my wife putting up lights and our tree. Our neighbors have thought it was a good idea so there are four people around us with Christmas lights already done. I’m over decorating already.

TCURiggs

Update from a couple weeks ago from my wife putting up lights and our tree. Our neighbors have thought it was a good idea so there are four people around us with Christmas lights already done. I’m over decorating already.

I think I gave you ship about your early decorating, but last week one of my wife's friends mentioned to her how they had already decorated, so she mentioned it to my kids and they freaked out last weekend and demanded we decorate. I just stayed out of the interior decorating battle, but I told her there's no way in hell I'm hanging the lights till after Thanksgiving. Between the interior stuff, the Christmas music, and my wife finding a new addiction with these Hallmark holiday movies, I'm already defeated.