• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

netty2424

So I started the new job Monday. The owner happened to be in the office Wednesday (he apparently only comes a few times a year) so I got to visit with him for a while. The guy started talking boat about CGP and TCU within minutes of meeting me. Turns out he's an incorrigible Baylor clown. To his credit, he acknowledged that we're their daddy and he can live with that as long as Texas doesn't stay better than them.

Not sure how much I'll enjoy this when he has us down at his ranch for a hunting trip. Might get a little heated after some beers.
It’s a set up. Don’t go. You may disappear.

Ron Swanson

Weekly sales meeting? What’s the goal there?
Go over anything we need to talk about as a sales team. Then we meet with our inside sales reps and discuss things with them that need to be taken care of (they handle the order entry, quoting, general customer service needs, etc...). We also meet with the production team and they go over what our current lead-times are for various product types. Go over sales results.

Some weeks it is helpful, most the time it’s just something you have to go to.

netty2424

Go over anything we need to talk about as a sales team. Then we meet with our inside sales reps and discuss things with them that need to be taken care of (they handle the order entry, quoting, general customer service needs, etc...). We also meet with the production team and they go over what our current lead-times are for various product types. Go over sales results.

I’m always amazed at the job justification of salaried middle management who thinks keeping sales people bottled up in a room to talk about sales they’ve already made is somehow beneficial to anyone.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I’m always amazed at the job justification of salaried middle management who thinks keeping sales people bottled up in a room to talk about sales they’ve already made is somehow beneficial to anyone.
Before I quit Global Monstrosity Bank a few years back we had a sales problem. Market was tight and the push was on to get as much new business as possible. The solution? Quarterly, week long sales meetings to discuss how to improve sales. No better answer to improving sales than to take the sales people out of market for a week.

I sweatergod Worldwide Financial Bank and Mistrust made money in spite of itself.

Edit: oh, and those meetings would be in places like the Ritz at Lake Tahoe, Charleston, New York City. You know, because times were tough.

netty2424

Before I quit Global Monstrosity Bank a few years back we had a sales problem. Market was tight and the push was on to get as much new business as possible. The solution? Quarterly, week long sales meetings to discuss how to improve sales. No better answer to improving sales than to take the sales people out of market for a week.

I sweatergod Worldwide Financial Bank and Mistrust made money in spite of itself.
I’m all for having meetings with purpose. They can be beneficial for many reasons, but being in sales, there’s nothing I loathe more than a sales meeting that consists of a room full of reps rehashing sales stories and telling the same jokes. Most sales reps are in sales to make money. It’s a driver for them.

How Bill crushed a sale last week benefits me or my family exactly zero, and mine don’t benefit him.

Add in corporate spin messages and I can’t think of a better way to waste time. Email me some initiatives you feel like we should focus on and let me go do my job.

PO Frog

-Engineers are not good at dealing with customers.
-Well, uh, You physically take the specs from the customer?
-Well, my secretary does that, or the fax.