• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Gary Patterson on tough road ahead for TCU: ‘We might be 3-9 before it’s done’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Gary Patterson on tough road ahead for TCU: ‘We might be 3-9 before it’s done’

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

The TCU football team is reeling following a winless October and three straight losses, including 27-26 to lowly Kansas on Saturday.

Coach Gary Patterson didn’t sugarcoat what could be in store for the Frogs, who now sit at 3-5 on the season.

“We might be 3-9 before it’s done,” Patterson said after Saturday’s game.

Yes, things aren’t looking too promising for TCU as it readies for a home game against another struggling program, Kansas State.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...versity/article220810070.html#navlink=SecList

Pharm Frog

I bet we’re 4-5 when we go to bed Saturday night. And we just might find that a little confidence makes a difference in the coming weeks.

Ha....you also predict that our D will force a turnover almost every possession! But I agree with you on this. I have no idea why because I look and see a KSU offensive and defensive line that must be salivating to play against our fronts.

Moose Stuff

Ha....you also predict that our D will force a turnover almost every possession! But I agree with you on this. I have no idea why because I look and see a KSU offensive and defensive line that must be salivating to play against our fronts.

I’m not predicting as much as I am praying. Maybe I should consider praying for the opposite of what I want.

And the KSU OL is my only real concern . That’s a good unit.

Rose Bowl

I’m getting 5-1 on a bet with a buddy who thinks we’ll win two games. I wish I had that kind of optimism but I don’t see two wins and wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t win one.

As for this game, first team to 20 wins.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Season is a total dumpster fire, worse even than the pot year. Refreshing that Gary acknowledges it. Would be more refreshing if he and his staff took a pay cut and ticket prices were lowered for next year. What a concept! Deliver a subpar product, you get paid less for said subpar product.

Steel bets that ticket prices go up next year, and coaches get pay raises.

Oh, and be sure and donate money to enhance the Billion Dollar Endowment and erect more buildings with shiny wood floors!

Bruce Berry

No kidding. I’m not sure who will win but at this point I’m fairly sure the other team will have a better game plan and be more prepared to play than we will. And I can’t believe I’m saying that.

It also makes it a little harder to pack the car and drive the 3-4 hours there which I will do this weekend to support the team.

PS Looking forward to next years championship run.

Wexahu

Maybe I should consider praying for the opposite of what I want.

Works wonders betting on football.

There is no doubt. Lay a ton of money on K-State to win, that's the surest way to get a TCU win. But if we are favored make sure you bet the money line and not the point spread, otherwise K-State will win but won't cover and it'll be a lose-lose situation. :)

YA

Season is a total dumpster fire, worse even than the pot year. Refreshing that Gary acknowledges it. Would be more refreshing if he and his staff took a pay cut and ticket prices were lowered for next year. What a concept! Deliver a subpar product, you get paid less for said subpar product.

Steel bets that ticket prices go up next year, and coaches get pay raises.

Oh, and be sure and donate money to enhance the Billion Dollar Endowment and erect more buildings with shiny wood floors!
When you lose a case, do you reduce your hourly fees for the next client?

Don't worry, the rest of us will continue to buy season tickets and go to the games supporting the program with our money and our feet, while you sit on your butt in Dallas and complain

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

if you are one of those 85 players on scholarship and you hear your coach said you might go 3-8 your thought is what exactly..........

It would motivate me personally. I would also think they realize that he’s not wrong. I’ll also say that the quote is a little more innocent if it’s quoted in its entirety which ended with him saying something about how the team was gonna keep fighting.

Wexahu

It would motivate me personally. I would also think they realize that he’s not wrong. I’ll also say that the quote is a little more innocent if it’s quoted in its entirety which ended with him saying something about how the team was gonna keep fighting.

Lots of mental give-up in that quote though and I don't think he says the same thing 10 years ago if the circumstances were the same. Lately it's almost like he wants the bar lowered as much as possible, lots of nuggets thrown in his press conferences referencing all the hardships he faces with regards to injuries, being "young" (god, I'm so sick of that term), etc.

Just strap it on, get your team ready to play like you're paid a lot of money to do, and go win a game.