• The KillerFrogs

OT-Curious about TCU Inventions

BleedNPurple

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I recently patented a process that will allow manufacturers and consumers the ability to replicate any product capable of being manufactured via 3D printing, CNC milling, or any other form of additive and subtractive manufacturing by integrating the 3D design specs into a bar code, QR Code, logo, or anything that could be scanned on the product. That includes shoes, car parts, aerospace parts, medical devices, etc... I’m trying to get funding in order to commercialize and license the process for use. I’m very thankful to have had the support I did during my time at TCU, and if the idea takes off, TCU will be at the very top of the list of who I give back to. Go Frogs! http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph...50&s1=9436925.PN.&OS=PN/9436925&RS=PN/9436925

That sounds great - I like the idea of taking a drop of blood and creating 3 D printed body parts - hearts, livers - arms - no rejection because it’s your DNA - fresh zero mileage hearts. That could possibly go on a bar code too.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
TCU alum and I’ve got a couple of patents regarding the control and indication of helicopter electrical power system status to the pilot. (Got a plaque and everything.)

Non event for those non aviation folks I know....
Yeah yeah but you still got 3 unpaid parking tickets in NewFoundLand.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I recently patented a process that will allow manufacturers and consumers the ability to replicate any product capable of being manufactured via 3D printing, CNC milling, or any other form of additive and subtractive manufacturing by integrating the 3D design specs into a bar code, QR Code, logo, or anything that could be scanned on the product. That includes shoes, car parts, aerospace parts, medical devices, etc... I’m trying to get funding in order to commercialize and license the process for use. I’m very thankful to have had the support I did during my time at TCU, and if the idea takes off, TCU will be at the very top of the list of who I give back to. Go Frogs! http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph...50&s1=9436925.PN.&OS=PN/9436925&RS=PN/9436925
Next up.....Fem-bot.

Deep Purple

I invented the Flux Capacitor.

s-l300.jpg

DC5885

That sounds great - I like the idea of taking a drop of blood and creating 3 D printed body parts - hearts, livers - arms - no rejection because it’s your DNA - fresh zero mileage hearts. That could possibly go on a bar code too.
The crazy thing is that I knew they were starting to 3D print organs, but I had no idea that it could end up saving someone I know. My 3 year old now has Chronic Kidney Disease as a result of being exposed to Shigella last year, with the condition turning into HUS. Additional dialysis treatments and transfusions are likely, and there’s a possibility he will need a kidney transplant at some point. It would be pretty cool to save the lives of others, especially your own loved ones.