• The KillerFrogs

Air Force makes bold move, smart move....

FROGDADDY

This Mueh fellow seems like a good leader for them. He's actually basing decisions based on what's best of his kids. AFA, Navy, and Army in the same league simply makes a ton of sense.

njustus7

I don't see wvu or Louisville sticking around a non-AQ league... And if either one waffles, u have Cincinnati and USF ready to bolt in an instant...

BABYFACE

This could work for the BE BB schools. Temple could come back and they move Nova up. WVU, UL will be the first to jump that ship. Will USF, Cincy, Rutgers, and UConn be thrown a life raft?

TCU has no choice but to move to Big 12. TCU moved from CUSA to MWC in order to move up in competition and improve their program. New BE will be like old CUSA. TCU did not make all it's committments and improvements to take a step backward. They will continue to move forward and strive to be better which is why the Big 12 is the next step. Some may need to put that in their peace pipe and smoke it.

HFrog1999

TCU has no choice but to move to Big 12. TCU moved from CUSA to MWC in order to move up in competition and improve their program. New BE will be like old CUSA. TCU did not make all it's committments and improvements to take a step backward. They will continue to move forward and strive to be better which is why the Big 12 is the next step. Some may need to put that in their peace pipe and smoke it.
TCU should go to the Big 12. I am sure that we will go. But to say TCU has "no choice" is absolutely silly. TCU has a choice and will make the best choice.

McFroggin

TCU should go to the Big 12. I am sure that we will go. But to say TCU has "no choice" is absolutely silly. TCU has a choice and will make the best choice.

Jumping off a cliff is a choice as well. Just not a good choice. Big 12 is our one good choice.

Limey Frog

I would love to see the MWC replace AF with Houston, SMU, and another similarly under-valued football school--say, Southern Miss or Tulsa. That wouldn't be a terrible two-division league, and might actually have some chance for longterm improvement.

BABYFACE

Lets just say the other choice would be a very poor choice at the current time. You know that, I know that. No reason for us to debate semantics.

My post is more directed at those that because TCU was jilted in the SWC breakup, would rather cut off their nose to spite their face.

bscttyb

Gawd we better accept the Big 12 invite. I'm anxious, all I can think is that we told the BE if they get Air Force we will stay. Please talk me down from this ledge.

HFrog1999

We are still counting our chicken before it hatches until they vote to approve the move.
Maybe. I would say there's an extremely small chance of not accepting the invite and the only reason for a no would be if they know something very major that we don't.

I seriously doubt we would've gotten a public invite if a yes wasn't already indicated,

HFrog1999

Gawd we better accept the Big 12 invite. I'm anxious, all I can think is that we told the BE if they get Air Force we will stay. Please talk me down from this ledge.
We are the only school in the country with two public BCS conference invitations. That's pretty cool.

Sangria Wine

I wish they would have ended up in the Big12 with us. If they would ever amend the current rules to allow their athletic scholarship recipients to do promotional/recruiting for the academy after graduating rather than facing combat duty they could compete at the highest level. That seems like great marketing to me. I've never understood why they were not successful when they worked on that proposal in the past.

BABYFACE

We are still counting our chicken before it hatches until they vote to approve the move.

Official invite would not have happened and had a press conference and been public if TCU had not agreed to in principle. The rest going on right now, is formalizing and protocol.