• The KillerFrogs

Herbie says we're overrated........

Insanity5902

Just heard this also. Here's what he said word for word

"I think TCU is ranked too high, I think that it's just based on the credibility of who they are, as a program. I think Boise State is right about where they should be. They keep losing players but Peterson keeps proving ... "

Oops, just changed channels and lost the playback

But he then goes on and says if they beat Georgia there is no one else on their schedule that can stop them.

I hate hearing his voice. Just a bunch of hot air.

Limey Frog

....and have no chance to beat Boise. I'm shocked. SHOCKED.

Considering our personnel losses a ranking of 14 is a massive vote of confidence for this program. Compare that to just a few years ago when we never appeared in the early polls. But no chance to win a game that won't happen until the second week of November? Does Herbie know for absolute certain that Kellen Moore isn't going to be injured? Or that TCU's offensive line is definitely not going to improve at all? November is a long way off yet. My money is always on GP's teams to gradually improve.

SnoSki

Until we come through Baylor, AF, BYU and SDSU unscathed, I think he is right. We haven't proven anything yet.. but really I'm surprised that Boise isn't ranked lower considering they lost 2100 receiving yards and 20+ TDs from last year.

AUFrog

Until we come through Baylor, AF, BYU and SDSU unscathed, I think he is right. We haven't proven anything yet.. but really I'm surprised that Boise isn't ranked lower considering they lost 2100 receiving yards and 20+ TDs from last year.
Agree w/ SSD. Our OL appears to be suspect according to several reports, including one today. When I watched Notre Dame the past several years and UT last year, they struggled along the OL more than probably anywhere else. I haven't seen the team since I left the Rose Bowl, so I'm only going off of what the writers say.

tcumaniac

Put it on the bulletin board. We have lots of other business to take care of before then, but I have a gut feeling the frogs are going to give the broncos their first lost on the smurf in more than forever. Never underestimate the potential of a Gary Patterson led team with a chip on their shoulder.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
People like Herbie see that we have just one returning starter on the OL. True, but look at the guys stepping. Names and numbers familiar to you? I'm not worried (yet).

berryfrog95

again.....I don't see the "gap" between Boise & Tcu?

Am I wearing purple shades? I'd say our rb's (I know they have Martin), wr's, lb's, kicking units are all better......maybe dl are even, I'll give them OL, QB & cb.

I mean, d&mn where's the respect, falling from #2???

We beat the #5 team who is now #10 this preseason? Boise's beats us in fiesta and starts #3 last year, hmmm

Dogfrog

Disagree. It's about respect for the program. Nobody has proven anything yet. Consider that TCU's 12 spot drop from end of season last year to this preseason ranking is one of the biggest drops along with big drop by turmoil-ridden Auburn, which dropped 21, and turmoil-ridden Ohio State dropped 13. No other drops are anywhere close to those three. Also consider that Wisconsin, who we beat in the Rose Bowl, also lost Tolzien, Watt, Clay, Carimi, and Moffitt, and they dropped four, from 7 to 11.

Maybe Herbie is just upset that TCU is ranked ahead of Ohio State preseason.

Frog DJ

I think the mid-teens is just about right for a TCU preseason poll ranking.

However, Herbie has every right to think and say whatever he believes.

It just proves, everybody has a right to their own stupid opinion.

It's time to prove him wrong.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

macaroni

"I think TCU is ranked too high, I think that it's just based on the credibility of who they are, as a program.

Aren't all preseason rankings based on the credibility of the program? It's not like they have any real game data to work with. One losing season in the last 13 years proves that we reload better than most.

goldenfrog

He could be right.

He could be wrong.

I don't really care what he thinks.

Nobody really knows. We have lots of new players that haven't done a thing.

However, I would NOT bet against Patterson.

Froggy Style

again.....I don't see the "gap" between Boise & Tcu?

Am I wearing purple shades? I'd say our rb's (I know they have Martin), wr's, lb's, kicking units are all better......maybe dl are even, I'll give them OL, QB & cb.

I mean, d&mn where's the respect, falling from #2???

We beat the #5 team who is now #10 this preseason? Boise's beats us in fiesta and starts #3 last year, hmmm
I won't give them Corner. We will be very strong.