• The KillerFrogs

Herbie says we're overrated........

Frogs97

We lost 10 guys to the NFL, and BSU still has Kellen Moore. He should be wondering about us right now. Here's to the boys going out and proving him wrong ... Again.

Zammers

Until we come through Baylor, AF, BYU and SDSU unscathed, I think he is right. We haven't proven anything yet.. but really I'm surprised that Boise isn't ranked lower considering they lost 2100 receiving yards and 20+ TDs from last year.

Not to mention their Offensive Coordinator. That in itself should've put doubt in voters minds.

NativeFrog

TCU should make a video about Herbie saying the Frogs are overrated but we will prove him wrong because we are the "Little Engine that Can."

HToady

Did Herby have Rod Gilmore sitting on his lap when talking about Boise St.?

Did they both have this "glazed" look on their faces?

Kaiser

Until we come through Baylor, AF, BYU and SDSU unscathed, I think he is right. We haven't proven anything yet.. but really I'm surprised that Boise isn't ranked lower considering they lost 2100 receiving yards and 20+ TDs from last year.

Yeah. We haven't proven anything yet this year so I'm not really going to get upset over pre-season slights. I think Boise is probably a little overrated having lost 9-10 starters, but I'd say as of right now Boise probably wins on the smurfturf. If the game was in Fort Worth I'd take exception at the "no chance" comment, but it's not.

Lets beat Baylor first, then after we've proven something on the field we can take offense at the non-believers.

Portland Frog

True but Boise has also yet to prove anything.

Leap Frog

Being underrated is not a bad thing, I have always enjoyed that position. Great motivational tool.

Anyone know why Trevius Jones is never mentioned in the rotation? As I recall, he was highly rated in the recruiting evaluations.

Frog Brother

Its fair for media types to be cautious about TCU in 2011 but to say we have no chance of beating Boise is silly. HCGP knows how to shut down the Boise offense. This year's TCU D will be quicker to the QB and I expect Kellon Moore to get hit hard, early and often. The question is can we score enough points to win. Recent history says if TCU scores 21 points we will likely beat Boise.

Perhaps I am being overly optimistic but I am surprisingly unconcerned about Boise State this year. I know it is a losable game but I think people on the outside do not understand how we match-up with Boise St. Plus playing them late in the season allows our offense to gell and our young safeties to mature. If Pachall protects the ball and we are at least even in turnovers I believe we beat Boise this year. They lost some key players too, particularly recievers.

Klaw

Boise is overrated this year. They lost 2 stud receivers and their key safety.

Who is kellen Moore throwing to? You do not replace those two wr and are a better team tha. The previous year.

I have a Boise st alum co-worker who believes that Boises team last year was their most talented team ever and thIs years team will be not be as good as last years teams and has a good chance to lose several games.

Its fair for media types to be cautious about TCU in 2011 but to say we have no chance of beating Boise is silly. HCGP knows how to shut down the Boise offense. This year's TCU D will be quicker to the QB and I expect Kellon Moore to get hit hard, early and often. The question is can we score enough points to win. Recent history says if TCU scores 21 points we will likely beat Boise.

Perhaps I am being overly optimistic but I am surprisingly unconcerned about Boise State this year. I know it is a losable game but I think people on the outside do not understand how we match-up with Boise St. Plus playing them late in the season allows our offense to gell and our young safeties to mature. If Pachall protects the ball and we are at least even in turnovers I believe we beat Boise this year. They lost some key players too, particularly recievers.

It really won't matter if we have a better pass rush this year. Boise will just give us more of those plays from the Fiesta Bowl where Moore would either roll out left of the pocket or dump the ball off quickly to the TE. Peterson is smart; that ball will be out of Moore's hands very quickly. It will be up to the secondary to tackle well. Special teams better be prepared for the fake punts too!

Frog Brother

It really won't matter if we have a better pass rush this year. Boise will just give us more of those plays from the Fiesta Bowl where Moore would either roll out left of the pocket or dump the ball off quickly to the TE. Peterson is smart; that ball will be out of Moore's hands very quickly. It will be up to the secondary to tackle well. Special teams better be prepared for the fake punts too!

And for all that Boise's offense score 10 points in that game. That is why I say if we pretect the ball I think we win.

Virginia Frog

Nobody really knows. We have lots of new players that haven't done a thing.

However, I would NOT bet against Patterson.
We very well may have "lots of new players" that may very well wind up in the NFL.

Given our top-notch recruiting, our winning culture and our superb coaching, I believe our football fortunes in '11 will be quite good.

Herbie has to talk about something...it's pre-season and it doesn't mean squat.