• The KillerFrogs

Cowboys Stadium Not Ready for Super Bowl

Trelvis

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6096112&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_6096112

ARLINGTON, Texas -- A limited number of sections in temporary seating areas at Cowboys Stadium have not been fully completed, according to a NFL statement released two hours before kickoff of Super Bowl XLV.

The statement said the NFL expects that by kickoff most of the affected fans will have been accommodated in their seats or "relocated to similar or better seats."

"Fans who are not accommodated with seats inside the stadium will each receive a refund of triple of cost of the face value of the ticket," the statement said. "We regret the situation."

Trelvis

ncnrr.jpg

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Actually they had approval but at the last minute the fire marshal said no. Wasn't a case of the stadium not being ready.

Trelvis

I think its a combination of both because everything I keep hearing says there are seats that were NOT finished.

The NFL has distributed in the press box at Cowboys Stadium a statement that will keep some fans who have tickets from actually getting in to tonight's game.

"There are a limited number of sections in temporary seating areas inside the stadium that have not been fully completed," the statement reads. "We are working to resolve the matter and expect that by game time most of the fans affected will have been accommodated in their seats or relocated to similar or better seats.

"Those fans that are affected by this will be directed to the Party Plaza area while the matter is resolved.

"Fans who are not accommodated with seats inside the stadium will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket.

"We regret the situation."

Big Frog II

Jerry probably wants the NFL to count the number of people that are driving down I-30 during the game so he can break the record.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I don't recall if it was 500 or 800 people that could not be "accommodated" – either way, what a piss poor missed opportunity on both Jones & the NFL.

Creative Solution -- Take the 800 suddenly dis-affected fans & divide by the number of high-roller suites, media booths & camera perches. Divvy up those dis-affected fans & give'em all the free dogs & brews they can swill. Turn buffoonery to better PR.

Lack of preparation leads to piss poor performance.

hometown frog

Jerry Jones was the one that worked with the NFL on the number of seats they could get into the stadium. It was Jerry Jones that came up with the party plaza concept to try and beat the record. Not sure you can put this blame on anyone other than Jerry.

vt5657

They found seats for all but 400 people. Those were getting 3X their ticket price refunded and they were still getting "other" standing room accommodations in the stadium, mainly standing room only corners. Still, not a great PR situation!!!

hometown frog

Jones has absolutely nothing to do with anything involving the stadium or the game. It's all done by the NFL. Who's the jackass?

While true that the NFL takes over control of the stadium and its surrounding area weeks before the game, there's no denying that Jerry Jones had a major hand in the entire proposal of getting the SB. Are you suggesting that all the addtional seating WASNT part of that proposal?! (Ever wonder why there are odd looking open spaces around that place? So additional seats could be added for events just like this....)

No getting around that Jerry wanted the additional seats. No getting around that Jerry wanted the record in HIS stadium. No getting around that Jerry has a hand in ANY construction or modification done to HIS stadium.

So I wouldn't jump so quickly to call others a jackass.

watchfrog

Reminds me of when UofH put those rickety bleachers up in their endzones for the Texas game and couldn't get approval for safety reasons to use them.

weklfrog

This is what this SB will be remembered for in the national media...the screw ups in preparation...and in spite of that, Jerry still did not get the attendance record.

pgdfrog

I have heard many diaster stories but ours was great. Just arrived back in Austin. We breezed through security and got out easily too.

As for the seats, the black tarps around the 20s caught me eye (in each corner), but the weird one was the sides of the temporary bleachers at the top. A section on each end was empty.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
While true that the NFL takes over control of the stadium and its surrounding area weeks before the game, there's no denying that Jerry Jones had a major hand in the entire proposal of getting the SB. Are you suggesting that all the addtional seating WASNT part of that proposal?! (Ever wonder why there are odd looking open spaces around that place? So additional seats could be added for events just like this....)

No getting around that Jerry wanted the additional seats. No getting around that Jerry wanted the record in HIS stadium. No getting around that Jerry has a hand in ANY construction or modification done to HIS stadium.

So I wouldn't jump so quickly to call others a jackass.

The NFL took over COMPLETE control of the stadium. Whatever Jerry wanted or hoped of is immaterial. It wasn't his stadium the past two weeks.