• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Wisconsin: Rose Bowl

Opintel

Moderators
I'm figuring the real number would be TCU -8.5 or so.

However, the published spread will be TCU -7.

What do you think?

Opintel

Moderators
Interesting. I looked at the NCAA numbers to come up with my guess.

This may be a good reason I do not bet (except beers :tongue:). We shall probably see...

TCU2012

I'd much rather have us going in as dogs than favorites. I think it'd be good for the team. You see how they react after being brought down to reality.

Cougar/Frog

Wisconsin has put up a lot of points recently and at times during the season -- against the Little Sisters of the Poor. The Cheese Heads only played 3 times with half a defense --- Ohio State, Arizona State, and Iowa --- and scored 31, 31, and 19. The Badgers lost to a very weak Michigan State team.

Wisconsin also is pretty weak away from home --- struggled with UNLV, lost to Michigan State, won by a point at Iowa, only scored 34 vs. Purdue, and only won by 20 over Michigan.

Wisconsin just knows that it needed to RUTS to get ahead of Ohio State and Michigan State to get the Rose Bowl. And there will be 60k Cheese Heads at the Rose Bowl....

TCU has nothing to fear from Wisconsin.

Stanford is a nice team, but ..... has put up its points vs. a weak OOC schedule and a weak Pac-10 (which is on track to have 3 to 4 bowl eligible teams). Luck is a decent QB, but AD is just as good.

While both teams are dangerous (as are Oregon and Auburn), I just don't see TCU having problems with any of them.

LVfrog

Wisky is very good but they're murderers row have all been pardoned so I think the Frogs will be just fine. Oregon and Auburn are way better than the Badgers.

roddog

Banned
Wisconsin by three seems a reasonable spread, I think score to game would be TCU 31 - Wis 10 though.

you think wisky will score less than new mexico :wacko:

wisky by about 3 is about right, they have great fans and love to travel anywhere where it is warm, should be a great matchup

and whoever said mich st is a weak team is an idiot!

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Wisconsin is a run first team for sure, history has shown the Frogs can stop the run and vegas loves us, I bet the line is Frogs -1.5

YCBJ Frog

Stanford is clicking on all cylinders. It wouldn't even be close against Oregon now.

I'd have to say that I agree that Stanford would beat Oregon if they played right now, and that Wisconsin could beat anybody right now. Then again, I think we could too.

One thing people shouldn't forget is that Stanford jumped out to a 21-3 lead on Oregon in the first quarter, and then they got complacent. They also led at half 31-24, and apparently forgot that they had to play the second half and didn't score again. All of this was at Oregon, and Autzen Stadium is a tough place to play.