• The KillerFrogs

Did the students not come?

Klaw

It's totally dependent on TCU's ability to continue winning. Some fans will only go to see a winner. They're not there thru thick and thin.

Some fans are front runner, but also remember we sucked for basically 40 and have only been good for the past 10 years.

Tcu lost basically a generation of fans which should be th foundation of our fan base right now. The new generation of frog fans who only know winning are in their early thirties.

Give it another 5 years and see where we are then? Tcu has already come along ways in the past 5

BWDFROG

Some fans are front runner, but also remember we sucked for basically 40 and have only been good for the past 10 years.

Tcu lost basically a generation of fans which should be th foundation of our fan base right now. The new generation of frog fans who only know winning are in their early thirties.

Give it another 5 years and see where we are then? Tcu has already come along ways in the past 5

I agree with your statement.

neo926

I agree the byu Game Should had been a sell out but do yall realize that tcu will set an attendance record this year. Our games are averaging over 40,000 this year.

A few years ago, we would had gone crazy over 35000 plus for one game.

I believe as we continue to consistently win that our fan base will continue to grow; but, it takes time.
This can't be emphasized enough. Barring some kind of catastrophe, we will average over 40,000 fans a game. I don't know historical numbers outside of the last decade, but I'm going to assume that's never been done before, or certainly not with the lack of visiting fan support that we have to deal with.

You can't just magically gain a fan base overnight. It takes time, years, to get there. Each year that we bring in a new class to TCU, that's a new group of Frog fans, and from that group there's a section of them that will become Frog fans for life, and will go to the football games. And over time we start to add fans from the FW area. But it takes time. And the results in our attendance show that.

TCU2002

Students at other schools stay for the whole game. Greek or GDI, male or female. Not sure how these excuses apply.

Actually, I do not think this is true at all. Maybe at 10 or so places. Everywhere else, the 18-22 year olds act like 18-22 year olds without any sense of perspective, no independent thinking, and little regard for tradition or anything beyond their own immediate interests. If the "cool kids" are in the parking lot drinking and not at the game, the herd will follow.

TCU allocates a ton of seats for students -- for about 60% of the student body to be able come, yes? -- and rarely sells out the stadium. There's a sense that you can come and go, so students do.

There will be a lot of regret, I think, when TCU is not undefeated and in the top 5. Folks will wish they had enjoyed it more.

TCU2002

So to all of you complaining, how did the student section do during your years as a student?

From the shots I saw on Versus, the student turnout for BYU on Saturday would have been the best turnout of the year in 1998 or 1999. The 2000 season was great because of LT and the 7-0 start. Even the home games after the SJfSU loss weren't bad. 2001 was a lost season - only 4 home games once the Marshall game was cancelled due to 9/11. One of those games was post-Thanksgiving (the surprising win over Top 20 Louisville).

One thing a love these days is that the students wear PURPLE. That was definitely not the case from 1998-2001.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
You people that are saying it was hot are being ridiculous. It wasn't even CLOSE to being hot. I sit in the endzone every game so I am in the sun the whole time too. I can understand maybe the sun draining some of you older folks, but those of you who are saying it was hot this Saturday are just making excuses.

No kidding. That's not the reason. If The Toadies had been in concert students would have packed the place, came early stayed late, packed in, etc without complaints of sun or heat ...

froginaustin

The student section was never 2/3 full. You can believe whatever you want and I don't want to get into an argument about something so negative but at no time was the student section anywhere near 2/3 full.
You are simply wrong and you can and no doubt will argue about it until you are blue in the face but you are wrong. Wrong.

The student section at its fullest was at least 2/3 full. You can believe what you want to, but on this matter you are wrong. Simply wrong.

Comparing our student-body attendance to a school like UTx, with 40,000 undergrads and an allocation of about 5,000 per game to student tickets, is silly. And no, I am not saying gdu made that comparison. It's just a rim-shot remark.

honnonih

We have 7,200 students. Only 62% are from Texas. When we stop admitting kids from foreign countries like Pakistan, India , Japan and California, where all they know is futbol (kickball), and get kids from Mexia, Breckenridge and Kermit, then we'll get more students in the stadium. Simple.

pcf

We have 7,200 students. Only 62% are from Texas. When we stop admitting kids from foreign countries like Pakistan, India , Japan and California, where all they know is futbol (kickball), and get kids from Mexia, Breckenridge and Kermit, then we'll get more students in the stadium. Simple.

Yes, the Kermit-Frog connection.

Why are there so many songs about rainbows?

gdu

lots of talk in here. With over 40,0000 there, and most of them on the west side, surely someone took a pic of the full student section on Saturday.

TCU2002

The mark.

Your comment.

gdu

here are his 3 pics of the east side:

http://keithr.zenfolio.com/p206686266/h31c42ee9#h31c42ee9

http://keithr.zenfolio.com/p206686266/h18476c67#h18476c67

http://keithr.zenfolio.com/p206686266/h11c9fc7d#h11c9fc7d

gdu

To me, this one confirms a 2/3 full student section even without the part blocked by the goal post.
Then, you sir, could be a MWC replay official.

Look at the north end. There are 6 flagpoles. Look how much seating there is beyond that.
On the south side, only 4 flag poles are visible (but we all know there are also six and as much room beyond that as there is on the north). That is alot of room for people to not be there. And a very intersting angle to shoot from if those sections were anyhere near 2/3 full.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if I am, surely someone has a picture that could prove it.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
lots of talk in here. With over 40,0000 there, and most of them on the west side, surely someone took a pic of the full student section on Saturday.

Thought you took pictures before the game, after halftime, and in the 4th for every home game? You have been for the last 10 years. You said it.