• The KillerFrogs

Did the students not come?

FrogSweep

Anyone tune in to the Wisconsin v Ohio St. Game? Eighty-two thousand in attendence; it looked like about 30,000 of those were students, shoe-horned in to every available standing space, animated, cheering the Badgers on. I'm betting they would have been there even if there was a Packer game on TV and the Brewers were playing for the World Series.

Oh well, until the students show up, I guess all us blue hairs and no hairs will have to continue on as the primary carriers of the TCU banner.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Patterson referenced it early in his post-game, giving several items on his wish list. One of those was that's he'd like to the see the corners of the stadium full ...

Klaw

Anyone tune in to the Wisconsin v Ohio St. Game? Eighty-two thousand in attendence; it looked like about 30,000 of those were students, shoe-horned in to every available standing space, animated, cheering the Badgers on. I'm betting they would have been there even if there was a Packer game on TV and the Brewers were playing for the World Series.

Oh well, until the students show up, I guess all us blue hairs and no hairs will have to continue on as the primary carriers of the TCU banner.

Please do not compare playing the #1 team in the nation to playing byu. I believe if it was a big home game like Utah last year that the students would stay all four quarters.

I do agree that they need to stay longer and show more support

AUFrog

Please do not compare playing the #1 team in the nation to playing byu. I believe if it was a big home game like Utah last year that the students would stay all four quarters.

I do agree that they need to stay longer and show more support
Fair enough. Did you see the Nebraska crowd for 2-loss Texas? How about Michigan? Maybe how crazy the student section is at Washington? They lost to the team our students didn't show-up in large numbers to watch us play. Given our history w/ BYU, it's near abhorrent that our students weren't there and weren't loud. Hopefully, they'll do whatever they need to do to learn football can be fun and it's OK to make some noise and have fun inside the stadium.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I thought it was pretty pathetic of the students to not show for their No. 4 team in one of the big home games of the season. The coaches and players and noticed, too, based on GP's remark in the press conference. But, that's how it is at TCU ...

TCU2012

I was there. I was loud. I stayed the entire game. As did my hate-train of 30. I can't make excuses for other students, but it's unfair for you to stereotype the entire student body.

To the poster comparing the "2-loss Texas team", it's still Texas and if you didn't pay much attention to the media hype...Nebraska HATES Texas.
Michigan is Michigan, and it's in Iowa. IOWA. Not like they can drive 40 minutes to go to an MLB playoff game against the Yankees.
Washington has one of the more hostile environments to play at, and honestly...what else is there to do there with no Mariners in the playoffs?

You're comparing state schools with large alumni bases to a private school with, as posted on this forum multiple times, doesn't have the alumni base to stack with the state schools.

Please stop making generalizations like that, along with those erroneous comparisons.

AUFrog

I was there. I was loud. I stayed the entire game. As did my hate-train of 30. I can't make excuses for other students, but it's unfair for you to stereotype the entire student body.

To the poster comparing the "2-loss Texas team", it's still Texas and if you didn't pay much attention to the media hype...Nebraska HATES Texas.
Michigan is Michigan, and it's in Iowa. IOWA. Not like they can drive 40 minutes to go to an MLB playoff game against the Yankees.
Washington has one of the more hostile environments to play at, and honestly...what else is there to do there with no Mariners in the playoffs?

You're comparing state schools with large alumni bases to a private school with, as posted on this forum multiple times, doesn't have the alumni base to stack with the state schools.

Please stop making generalizations like that, along with those erroneous comparisons.
So, TCU fans don't HATE BYU? Our students didn't show up against a team that's been a rival recently while the other school's did get student support. As for the private school excuse, I never asked why we didn't have 80k. That would have been erroneous.

TCU2012

AU, I hate BYU. I'm a TCU student. Therefore, in accordance with your generalizations, TCU students hate BYU.

And my reference to state schools is due to the larger student body, therefore a higher density of bodies per seats in the stadiums.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
You people that are saying it was hot are being ridiculous. It wasn't even CLOSE to being hot. I sit in the endzone every game so I am in the sun the whole time too. I can understand maybe the sun draining some of you older folks, but those of you who are saying it was hot this Saturday are just making excuses.

BWDFROG

Nothing should fill up a stadium more than a winning team. TCU being #5 in the nation, having "cheap" ticket prices, and a beautiful day, can't fill up a 47,000 seat stadium against BYU. Why do we expect things to change in the future with a new stadium with higher priced tickets? TCU will not remain in the top 10 forever. What's our attendance going to be once we loose 2 or 3 games in a season and fall out of the top 25? I'm not sure what the answer is, but if an undefeated, #5 team can't sell tickets, I'm not sure what ever will.

Klaw

I agree the byu Game Should had been a sell out but do yall realize that tcu will set an attendance record this year. Our games are averaging over 40,000 this year.

A few years ago, we would had gone crazy over 35000 plus for one game.

I believe as we continue to consistently win that our fan base will continue to grow; but, it takes time.

BWDFROG

I believe as we continue to consistently win that our fan base will continue to grow; but, it takes time.

It's totally dependent on TCU's ability to continue winning. Some fans will only go to see a winner. They're not there thru thick and thin.