• The KillerFrogs

Fire Joe Gillespie

Froggy Style

I have resigned myself to the fact that he appears to be staying. I highly doubt any improvement in the defense occurs next year. Pretty bummed.

TCU games will become like me playing old NCAA games….I’ll watch the offense and change the channel when the defense comes on the field.
difference is, when you got down by 30 in first half, you could start the game over. Nothing more demoralizing to a fanbase than a defense that ends the game in the first half. What's worse is the head coach mis-diagnosing the problem as someone being out of position on the deep touchdown, when the play is open every time they run it.

Limey Frog

We would have come out a lot better if the defense and offense had just played their best games on the same day. Offense pooped away WVU and ISU, defense gave up CU and OU. Nobody traveled to Manhattan.

Win CU, ISU, and WVU and we're 8-4. We wouldn't have been a particularly good team but the perception outside our program would be better and we'd all feel a ton more optimistic. It probably doesn't make a great deal of difference in reality, but it feels big right now.

Horny 4 Life

I have resigned myself to the fact that he appears to be staying. I highly doubt any improvement in the defense occurs next year. Pretty bummed.

TCU games will become like me playing old NCAA games….I’ll watch the offense and change the channel when the defense comes on the field.

The first paragraph is exactly where I am. I'm an optimist by nature, but I don't see much to be optimistic about for next season's defense.

I don't think I'll be making much effort to tune into games next year. It's already been difficult to do with work and young kids.

I'll treat next season like the team treated the KSU game, I'll give it minimal effort and I'll probably laugh a bit during the games.

Wexahu

We would have come out a lot better if the defense and offense had just played their best games on the same day. Offense pooped away WVU and ISU, defense gave up CU and OU. Nobody traveled to Manhattan.

Win CU, ISU, and WVU and we're 8-4. We wouldn't have been a particularly good team but the perception outside our program would be better and we'd all feel a ton more optimistic. It probably doesn't make a great deal of difference in reality, but it feels big right now.
It really doesn’t make much difference at all. It’s not like we were on our way to being another Miami of the 80’s type power team anyway, can’t happen in today’s college football structure. And people say, well, we lost all of our momentum from last year. Well, that’s what happens when you find yourself playing a team that you’re totally overmatched against and lose by 60 points with everyone watching. Again, today’s structure. 15 years ago we wouldn’t have played that game and we’d be talking about how if we did, there’s no way we’d have lost. And it’s only gonna get worse so get ready for it.

DeuceBoogieNights

It really doesn’t make much difference at all. It’s not like we were on our way to being another Miami of the 80’s type power team anyway, can’t happen in today’s college football structure.

Miami had 3 titles in the 80s. Georgia is looking for their 3rd in the last 3 years. It's literally happening right now...

And I don't think most fans thought TCU was going to go on a Miami type run. We were in a position to build the program more though and become a leader of the new big 12.

And people say, well, we lost all of our momentum from last year. Well, that’s what happens when you find yourself playing a team that you’re totally overmatched against and lose by 60 points with everyone watching.

Well yeah but we can still be pissed about it. Sorry for wanting to build momentum... The crowds at the beginning of the season were great. There was momentum being built despite the blowout to Georgia. It's been lost and that sucks... I like your posts but man it's sometimes hard to really believe you are a fan of TCU.

Wexahu

Miami had 3 titles in the 80s. Georgia is looking for their 3rd in the last 3 years. It's literally happening right now...

And I don't think most fans thought TCU was going to go on a Miami type run. We were in a position to build the program more though and become a leader of the new big 12.

Well yeah but we can still be pissed about it. Sorry for wanting to build momentum... The crowds at the beginning of the season were great. There was momentum being built despite the blowout to Georgia. It's been lost and that sucks... I like your posts but man it's sometimes hard to really believe you are a fan of TCU.
I meant a program like TCU. Obviously a traditional blue blood program can get on a great run. Hell, I expect that to be the norm going forward. You might say Clemson did it and that’d be a more fair point, but while Clemson maybe isn’t a traditional power like Georgia, they aren’t overshadowed by two other gigantic state schools in their own state like we are.

I admit my love for the sport has taken a huge hit so I’m a cynic. I just think the road has gotten so much harder in just the past few years. Last year alone was a freaking miracle, sustaining that for a few years in a row would seem completely impossible to me.

Chongo94

Spot on.

DeuceBoogieNights

I meant a program like TCU. Obviously a traditional blue blood program can get on a great run. Hell, I expect that to be the norm going forward. You might say Clemson did it and that’d be a more fair point, but while Clemson maybe isn’t a traditional power like Georgia, they aren’t overshadowed by two other gigantic state schools in their own state like we are.

I admit my love for the sport has taken a huge hit so I’m a cynic. I just think the road has gotten so much harder in just the past few years. Last year alone was a freaking miracle, sustaining that for a few years in a row would seem completely impossible to me.

I feel you but also I don't think it's unreasonable to think that we could have become one of the top teams in the new Big 12 and make the expanded playoffs somewhat regularly. I was hoping we would go from having a good team every 4-5 years to having a good team every 2-3 years. Obviously going to have cycles, but going into this year it felt like TCU was on a good trajectory with a new coach but it doesn't feel like that now. So, yeah, losing that momentum sucks and it's extremely disappointing.

An-Cap Frog

For the faint on heart...TCU opponent's score/opponents' scoring average...without commentary:
Colorado 45/28.2
Nicholls State 6/24.3
Houston 13/23.7
SMU 17/41.8
West Virginia 24/31.6
Iowa State 27/26.3
BYU 11/23.1
Kansas State 41/37.8
Texas Tech 35/26.8

Texas 29/35.1
Baylor 17/23.1

Oklahoma 69/43.2

Wexahu

For the faint on heart...TCU opponent's score/opponents' scoring average...without commentary:
Colorado 45/28.2
Nicholls State 6/24.3
Houston 13/23.7
SMU 17/41.8
West Virginia 24/31.6
Iowa State 27/26.3
BYU 11/23.1
Kansas State 41/37.8
Texas Tech 35/26.8

Texas 29/35.1
Baylor 17/23.1

Oklahoma 69/43.2
So we averaged keeping teams 2.5 points under their season average. And 1.5 points under in conference play.

It is kind of interesting. And that’s even with our offense wanting to push tempo most of the time. Take away the first and last games (which you can’t really do, I get that) and we held teams to about a TD below their average.

hometown frog

So we averaged keeping teams 2.5 points under their season average. And 1.5 points under in conference play.

It is kind of interesting. And that’s even with our offense wanting to push tempo most of the time. Take away the first and last games (which you can’t really do, I get that) and we held teams to about a TD below their average.
Or you can look at it the other way and say Nichols and SMU skewed our stats lower. (I can’t explain that SMU stat…)