• The KillerFrogs

Fire Joe Gillespie

Sangria Wine

If he had an ounce, hell, a gram of sense, he'd go full Buddy Ryan on UT and spend the day blitzing all sorts of people from all angles. What's he got to lose? His job?
Absolutely agree! He needs to let it all hang out and go down in flames if it doesn’t work because doing nothing different is an absolute guarantee to get yourself fired. Maybe just maybe he regains the morale of his players and somehow pulls off an upset.

y2kFrog

If he had an ounce, hell, a gram of sense, he'd go full Buddy Ryan on UT and spend the day blitzing all sorts of people from all angles. What's he got to lose? His job?

A win on Saturday cures a great many ills. I simply don't believe that these imbeciles have it in them.

Well, looks like we just sat back in our shell again all night.

CountryFrog

The strip-fumble on the INT was inexcusable. Inexcusable.

I am also counting the turnover on downs.
I'm certainly not going to say that the offense was good. They played 1 good quarter and that was it. But the defense only played 2 good quarters and couldn't get a 3rd and 12 stop on the most crucial play of the game. So I'm not letting them off the hook just because they weren't quite as terrible as we've seen in a lot of other games over the last 11 months.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I'm certainly not going to say that the offense was good. They played 1 good quarter and that was it. But the defense only played 2 good quarters and couldn't get a 3rd and 12 stop on the most crucial play of the game. So I'm not letting them off the hook just because they weren't quite as terrible as we've seen in a lot of other games over the last 11 months.
This was not a weight dropped into the negative balance pan. Nor was it a weight dropped into the positive balance pan. It was a push, like many of the efforts last season. Yet the fumbled INT, and the Hoover INT led to 14 quick points, points we could not afford to give up given our appalling offense.

As it was, the heart and grit shown by the Frogs was superb. It is sad that the effort was wasted.

CountryFrog

This was not a weight dropped into the negative balance pan. Nor was it a weight dropped into the positive balance pan. It was a push, like many of the efforts last season. Yet the fumbled INT, and the Hoover INT led to 14 quick points, points we could not afford to give up given our appalling offense.

As it was, the heart and grit shown by the Frogs was superb. It is sad that the effort was wasted.
The Hoover INT was a big play. But I believe there was less than a minute on the clock at that time. The defense has to be able to force a FG in that situation. And then that 3 points would definitely be all on the turnover. But they didn't.

They did some good things tonight but the INT fumble that led to a Texas TD, the 3rd & 12 when we had Texas backed up around their own 10 yard line that led to a score, then giving up the TD right before half, and the nail in the coffin 3rd and 12 at the end are just not plays you can make.

The offense doesn't do the defense many favors but likewise the defense doesn't do much of anything to help the offense.

y2kFrog

The Hoover INT was a big play. But I believe there was less than a minute on the clock at that time. The defense has to be able to force a FG in that situation. And then that 3 points would definitely be all on the turnover. But they didn't.

They did some good things tonight but the INT fumble that led to a Texas TD, the 3rd & 12 when we had Texas backed up around their own 10 yard line that led to a score, then giving up the TD right before half, and the nail in the coffin 3rd and 12 at the end are just not plays you can make.

The offense doesn't do the defense many favors but likewise the defense doesn't do much of anything to help the offense.

The defense gave up I believe 332 yards and 26 points in the first half alone. A freshman QB is going to make mistakes and force it into coverage when he thinks he’s going to have to put 50 to even have a chance.

CountryFrog

The defense gave up I believe 332 yards and 26 points in the first half alone. A freshman QB is going to make mistakes and force it into coverage when he thinks he’s going to have to put 50 to even have a chance.
I said after the BYU game that the biggest thing that would change for Hoover and make things more difficult for him was the fact that he'd be facing a lot more pressure to score in future games. The BYU game was relatively pressure free in terms of game pressure. We were up 14-0 within 5 minutes and it was never really a game from there. Hoover played great but things were pretty easy for him in that game.

Since then there's been a ton of pressure to score a lot of points against every opponent and we've definitely seen him look much more rattled and uncertain about what he's doing in times. Add in the fact that he's facing more actual pass rush pressure in his face since that game and there have been some ugly moments. Although there have certainly been very encouraging moments too like the 4th quarter last night. He just hasn't been able to play a full quality 4 quarters since BYU.

HG73

We had two penalties on third and long that extended drives and ut got two touchdowns. We fumbled the long interception return. We threw an interception with less than a minute left in the half. Those are mistakes on the players. Not the coaches. We simply make too many mistakes to beat anyone.

arlingtonbell

Great points all but for goodness sakes the defense JUST FORCED a FG and we are in a 13 point game why are we callimng deep route pass plays with .55 on the clock we hadnt gone 80 to score all half but NOW we want to take risks? Run the ball if you pop one then take a shot but to turn it over there is demoralizing when your defense is keeping you in a game.