• The KillerFrogs

If we don’t make a bowl

CountryFrog

No. Hell no. Not even a discussion.

Other changes on the staff absolutely must be made though in the offseason, especially on defense and possibly special teams coach. And maybe Sonny needs to be more involved with the offense going into 2024.

Coach of the year to fired in a year?…getting 4-5 wins out of this team that is lacking anything called talent is one hell of a job. No way we let him go.

Coach of the year to fired in a year?…getting 4-5 wins out of this team that is lacking anything called talent is one hell of a job. No way we let him go.
I disagree with the second part. I see a lot of talent on this team. With decent coaching, we should go 8-4 with this squad, at worst. There aren't five teams on our schedule with more talent. UT, OU and maybe K-State, that's it.

It looks to me like Sonny thought what worked last year would work this year. This team has a different attitude and temperament, and less experience (and less talent than last year). It's up to the head coach to know this and make the adjustments to get them prepared.

That being said, it would be stupid to fire Sonny. I doubt it's even under consideration inside the Justin Center.

Chongo94

Gemma Whelan Reaction GIF by BBC

I’ve got a better chance at winning the lottery than this team making a bowl this year.

Sangria Wine

The question is, are we seeing the deficiencies in recruitment during Patterson's final two seasons play out before Sonny et al can get their guys ready for the field or is the talent there but its the coaching that is deficient?
Seems unlikely given the recruiting rankings of those final few years for Patterson. The losses mounted for him, but the recruiting was not below par. Sonny and staff was a breath of fresh air last year and players responded to that. The team also had some super hero players (especially Max) who forced things to happen on many occasion. The honeymoon is over though now And its back to leadership, X’s and O’s and player motivation.

Double D

Tier 1
I see parallels with SD Cal teams. Great with Jared Goff. Huge dropoff after Goff left then relieved of duty.

At SMU, he lives off the portal playing lesser competition.

At TCU, he inherited a TON of talent that needed a new voice. Now that talent is gone.

'Wade Phillips syndrome' has set in. He can't win with his own players.

tmcats

sonny may be a fine g5 coach but not up to p5 standards. idk? but to can him now seems crazy to me after he took tcu to the pinnacle last year. given talent, he clearly knows how to coach 'em up.

i suspect that had tcu played their #1 quarterback last night, they would have won. your freshman isn't ready. that's clear.

Planks

you lost studs at receiver, quarterback, and running back, plus dudes at the line of scrimmage.
The point I’m trying to make is that a lot of TCU fans are saying that Dykes inherited a team with a lot of talent, but if that were true, we would still have talented players in 2023.

I do not think Dykes inherited a team with a lot of talent. I think Dykes inherited a a talented senior group of starters, but an overall roster that lacked young talent behind them.

The same fans that refuse to give Dykes credit for 2022 because of the talented senior players he inherited are the same fans that are giving him 100% of the blame now that the young players he inherited are not talented.

There is only one full Dykes recruiting class on this team. The 2023 class, who are currently true freshman.