• The KillerFrogs

If we don’t make a bowl

TemCatFrog71

In all honesty, does it really matter? Every Bowl outside the CFP and the NY6 Bowls have become a joke, and you could argue that some of the NY6 Bowls are snoozefests as well. The bottom tier bowls are downright embarrassing in almost all aspects.

Zero people will care come January 1 that we didn't make a Bowl. By then it's do the big roster/coaching staff makeover, scour the transfer portal for some vagabonds looking for greener grass, hype it all up with some awesome social media propaganda, and run something out there next year and see if it sticks. Rinse and repeat for 2025.
Wexahu, Bingo and right on the nose!!!!!!!

Spike

To quote Clark W Griswold, “I think you’re all scheissed in the head.”

We just went to the National Championship game.

Talk of firing this man will result in never finding another head coach to ever come here.

Go punch sand. And go thumb pop you’re own [ Arschloch].

The win on Dec 31, 2022 will allow me to be stress free until 2026 about frog football. I know some of you are used to national championship after national championship from 1980-2021, but I’ll cut the guy some slack.
you forgot to add Sir, Sir.

bp4tcu

In all honesty, does it really matter? Every Bowl outside the CFP and the NY6 Bowls have become a joke, and you could argue that some of the NY6 Bowls are snoozefests as well. The bottom tier bowls are downright embarrassing in almost all aspects.

Zero people will care come January 1 that we didn't make a Bowl. By then it's do the big roster/coaching staff makeover, scour the transfer portal for some vagabonds looking for greener grass, hype it all up with some awesome social media propaganda, and run something out there next year and see if it sticks. Rinse and repeat for 2025.
Yes it matters, and I’ll sure as hell care. A bowl should be your absolute minimum goal. Post season relevancy, extra work for your younger guys. It absolutely matters even if it’s a ho hum bowl.

tcudoc

I think the drop off of special teams has played a huge role. The missed field goals. The lack of a reliable return guy. We’ve had a solid kicker and a solid return team for years and that has traditionally resulted in 3-5 touchdowns from kick/punt returns and several other complete field position reversals that resulted in easy FG/TDs. Now we have unreliable FG and fumbled kicks and punts and, at best, fall on your butt trying to make a fair catch. I’ve also seen several fair catches inside the ten yard line. It seems that 90% of the time, if you let it go, you will get a touchback. Instead, it’s a guaranteed to be pinned inside the ten situation, where our offense has struggled. What the heck happened on special teams? It has become very predictable and almost comical. Didn’t we also have a couple of our kicks blocked?

Last edited:

Wexahu

I think the drop off of special teams has played a huge role. The missed field goals. The lack of a reliable return guy. We’ve had a solid kicker and a solid return team for years and that has traditionally resulted in 3-5 touchdowns from kick/punt returns and several other complete field position reversals that resulted in easy FG/TDs. Now we have unreliable FG and fumbled kicks and punts and, at best, fall on your butt trying to make a fair catch. I’ve also seen several fair catches inside the ten yard line. It seems that 90% of the time, if you let it go, you will get a touchback. Instead, it’s a guaranteed to be pinned inside the ten situation, where our offense has struggled. What the heck happened on special teams? It has become very predictable and almost comical. Didn’t we also have a couple of our kicks blocked?
It seems like about 75% of Sandy's punts are misses that fly 10+ yards shorter than they should. I maybe missed it, but it seems like forever ago when he really hit one solid.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
If Dykes doesn't fire his DC , get rid of this crap 3 man front thats' not worked since day 1 it was impelementd last year, then yes he deserves to be fired. A 4-8 or 5-7 most likely season requires some drastic changes.
Gillespie's Defense got TORCHED by Colorado - who we are finding out is not a Top 25 team by any stretch!!!

The fact that the DC got torched by an average Pac - whatever school, should have been the vision of what was to come in 2023.

The 3-3-5 is a joke and with no QB pressure - even 5 DB's can't cover the opposition down field.
It also can't stop the run!!
This has been a BAD Defense for 17 games out of 22 D1 talent opposition games.
UT last year was a fluke and BYU this year was a fluke.

Teams DO WHAT they want against this TCU Defense - for 2 years!!!

I thought JG was a good hire when SD came in. He's wasn't!!

I thought KB was a good hire OC this year. He isn't!!

Go find some up and coming young Coordinators and lets get this fixed for 2024.
If not, let's not turn into Univ California and move on.

tmcats

BIG 12 Sagarin thru week ten
7. Texas 8-1
8. Kansas State 6-3
11. Oklahoma 7-2
20. Oklahoma State 7-2
24. Kansas 7-2
28. TCU 4-5
30. Texas Tech 4-5
32. Iowa State 5-4
33. West Virginia 6-3
44. UCF 4-5
58. BYU 5-4
66. Houston 4-5
69. Baylor 3-6
77. Cincinnati 2-7

Rabidfrog

Play of the secondary on defense has been the most disappointing for me. Don't know what the turnover stats show, but I imagine it is not good. We also do not have a dominating lb as in years past. Maybe we cn grow some guys up.

vicarfrog

I bounce between what you’re saying here and thinking it could be good to go to a bowl even if it’s unimpressive.

Savion was a bright spot last night. But there’s just nothing fun about this team right now. I’m not even sure I’d want to watch them in a bowl game, if by some miracle we beat Baylor and OU.

I do wonder if all of these lower bowl games will become a sort of NIT in the future.

FloridaFrog76129

I bounce between what you’re saying here and thinking it could be good to go to a bowl even if it’s unimpressive.

Savion was a bright spot last night. But there’s just nothing fun about this team right now. I’m not even sure I’d want to watch them in a bowl game, if by some miracle we beat Baylor and OU.

I do wonder if all of these lower bowl games will become a sort of NIT in the future.
Espn owns most of them…Disney is cutting back on certain areas…

I do wonder if the Bahamas bowls and the former cheez it bowl in Arizona actually make a profit..

HG73

Gillespie's Defense got TORCHED by Colorado - who we are finding out is not a Top 25 team by any stretch!!!

The fact that the DC got torched by an average Pac - whatever school, should have been the vision of what was to come in 2023.

The 3-3-5 is a joke and with no QB pressure - even 5 DB's can't cover the opposition down field.
It also can't stop the run!!
This has been a BAD Defense for 17 games out of 22 D1 talent opposition games.
UT last year was a fluke and BYU this year was a fluke.

Teams DO WHAT they want against this TCU Defense - for 2 years!!!

I thought JG was a good hire when SD came in. He's wasn't!!

I thought KB was a good hire OC this year. He isn't!!

Go find some up and coming young Coordinators and lets get this fixed for 2024.
If not, let's not turn into Univ California and move on.
We have the #5-6 scoring defense in the conference. We run the hurry up offense so obviously our D will be on the field more.