• The KillerFrogs

Basketball Portal

Eight

I love music trivia and actually knew that background story. I agree with you that almost no one knows who Ellen Foley is but most know who Karla Devito is, maybe not by name but, by her performance in the video.

wait, ellen foley from the original night court?

My dream is Mushila and Bandaogo to finish. I’m told Bandaogo isn’t looking at us so get Washington and that would be a good portal finish.
The Big 12 Bearcats get a good 7 foot defender and rebounder to patrol the paint at center who has quick enough feet to defend wing players too. He also scored 11.5 at Utah Valley and has two years of eligibility left.

And Nijel Pack is returning to Miami, where we know he is getting paid very well.

Last edited:
Emanuel Miller at 2:14 in the video—

Miller participated in the G League Elite Camp, May 13-14, but did not then get invited to the NBA Draft combine, May 15-21. I suspect the NBA is still his goal and I think it should be. He will likely have to do it through the G League. His younger and taller brother, Leonard, played G League last year.

Maybe a chance he returns to school and I would think he would want to then shoot more threes in the gym and the games (last year 39%, best on the team, but only 1.6 attempts per game, 20-51 for the season). I assume he graduated and I wonder if he can then choose to not enroll in any classes while on a 5th year scholarship, or maybe just one class, to then put more focus on the gym?

Last edited:

Eight

The Big 12 Bearcats get a good 7 foot defender and rebounder to patrol the paint at center who has quick enough feet to defend wing players too. He also scored 11.5 at Utah Valley and has two years of eligibility left.

And Nijel Pack is returning to Miami, where we know he is getting paid very well.

why is pack getting paid such an issue, at least it is over the table unlike the countless duke, unc, kentucky, and kansas players before nil..

East Coast

Tier 1
Emanuel Miller at 2:14 in the video—

Miller participated in the G League Elite Camp, May 13-14, but did not then get invited to the NBA Draft combine, May 15-21. I suspect the NBA is still his goal and I think it should be. He will likely have to do it through the G League. His younger and taller brother, Leonard, played G League last year.

Maybe a chance he returns to school and I would think he would want to then shoot more threes in the gym and the games (last year 39%, best on the team, but only 1.6 attempts per game, 20-51 for the season). I assume he graduated and I wonder if he can then choose to not enroll in any classes while on a 5th year scholarship, or maybe just one class, to then put more focus on the gym?

Unless Miller graduated in December and I missed it, he hasn't graduated. Shahada Wells and Souley Doumbia graduated this month. So if he's close, and isn't getting enough love from the NBA, that would be another reason to come back.

Unless Miller graduated in December and I missed it, he hasn't graduated. Shahada Wells and Souley Doumbia graduated this month. So if he's close, and isn't getting enough love from the NBA, that would be another reason to come back.
I read that Miller plans to finish that degree this summer. Another article from mid-March stated either some hours this summer or fall to finish his degree in communications. That same article stated he wanted to major in Interior Design, but that program schedule didn’t mesh with his basketball schedule.

One Frog Nation

Trivia—

Written by the brilliant Jim Steinman and performed flawlessly by Meat Loaf, “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” is much more than just Meat Loaf, however. While not listed as a duet (though the 45-rpm single did say “Feature Female Vocal: Ellen Foley” in small print), the song is elevated from great to iconic because of the talents of two women: Ellen Foley and Karla DeVito.

If you’re one of the 64 million people who’ve seen the video on YouTube and know nothing else about the history of the song, you might wonder what I’m rambling on about. It’s actually quite simple: the woman in the legendary video is Karla DeVito, but she is actually lip synching the part originally sung by Ellen Foley. Here’s what happened.

When Meat Loaf recorded his 1977 debut album Bat Out of Hell, Ellen Foley provided background vocals for “Bat Out of Hell,” “You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth,” and “All Revved Up with No Place to Go,” and lead vocals with Meat Loaf on “Paradise by the Dashboard Light.” However, she decided against going on tour with Meat Loaf after the album’s release and was replaced by Karla DeVito. Foley said in a 2021 interview with Noise11.com that DeVito also replaced her in the video because “she was the face of the tour, the face of the female element of Meat Loaf.” She also added: “40 million records later … it bothered me for a while but it certainly doesn’t anymore. Anybody who knows anything about the record…knows I sang the vocal on the record.”

With all due respect, anyone who’s only seen the video and knows nothing about the recording of the album could be forgiven for not realizing that Karla DeVito did not sing on the original recording. Watch the video below and tell me you can tell she’s lip synching. DeVito’s performance is so good that she did indeed become the female face of Meat Loaf, and has remained so in the minds of most for 45 years.
Yea, Meatloaf said that Karla was perfect for the stage and Foley was perfect for the studio. Also, for about 10 years I was in a couple of fantasy baseball leagues with meatloaf. He was a good fantasy baseball player and enter the big $$ leagues.

One Frog Nation

I love music trivia and actually knew that background story. I agree with you that almost no one knows who Ellen Foley is but most know who Karla Devito is, maybe not by name but, by her performance in the video.
Elen Foley had to turn down the touring role with Meatload because Night Court was calling, as well as solo singing career She only charted once with What's a matter baby.at 92 but it is a terrific song and should have gone higher.

Rose Bowl

Today is the last day of the quiet period so hoping to hear some good news soon. Any word on whether Emanuel and Damion are coming back? Not a ton left in the portal so I’m hoping both come back.