• The KillerFrogs

Basketball Portal

CryptoMiner

220px-Robby_Benson_Photo_Op_GalaxyCon_Minneapolis_2019.jpg

Still acting/directing, last activity around 2018, but has become an activist in the field of heart research after having undergone 4 open-heart surgeries since age 28 to correct congenital aortic valve defects & related damage. ( > Wikipedia)
He looks like my urologist

Another KU big in the portal (not sure of the interest yet)

Senior star center Hunter Dickinson transferring in has cost Kansas two freshman big men. Zuby Ejiofor’s advisor said Ejiofor left because he wanted to play this year and Dickinson’s 32 minutes would leave only eight for Udeh and Ejiofor to share.

Kansas now has only 2 scholarship players left from last year’s team.

jack the frog

220px-Robby_Benson_Photo_Op_GalaxyCon_Minneapolis_2019.jpg

Still acting/directing, last activity around 2018, but has become an activist in the field of heart research after having undergone 4 open-heart surgeries since age 28 to correct congenital aortic valve defects & related damage. ( > Wikipedia)

Also Robby is married to Karla DeVito who was Meatloaf’s high energy female backup singer and the other half of Paradise by the Dashboard Lights. She was pretty commanding on stage.

Also Robby is married to Karla DeVito who was Meatloaf’s high energy female backup singer and the other half of Paradise by the Dashboard Lights. She was pretty commanding on stage.
Trivia—

Written by the brilliant Jim Steinman and performed flawlessly by Meat Loaf, “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” is much more than just Meat Loaf, however. While not listed as a duet (though the 45-rpm single did say “Feature Female Vocal: Ellen Foley” in small print), the song is elevated from great to iconic because of the talents of two women: Ellen Foley and Karla DeVito.

If you’re one of the 64 million people who’ve seen the video on YouTube and know nothing else about the history of the song, you might wonder what I’m rambling on about. It’s actually quite simple: the woman in the legendary video is Karla DeVito, but she is actually lip synching the part originally sung by Ellen Foley. Here’s what happened.

When Meat Loaf recorded his 1977 debut album Bat Out of Hell, Ellen Foley provided background vocals for “Bat Out of Hell,” “You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth,” and “All Revved Up with No Place to Go,” and lead vocals with Meat Loaf on “Paradise by the Dashboard Light.” However, she decided against going on tour with Meat Loaf after the album’s release and was replaced by Karla DeVito. Foley said in a 2021 interview with Noise11.com that DeVito also replaced her in the video because “she was the face of the tour, the face of the female element of Meat Loaf.” She also added: “40 million records later … it bothered me for a while but it certainly doesn’t anymore. Anybody who knows anything about the record…knows I sang the vocal on the record.”

With all due respect, anyone who’s only seen the video and knows nothing about the recording of the album could be forgiven for not realizing that Karla DeVito did not sing on the original recording. Watch the video below and tell me you can tell she’s lip synching. DeVito’s performance is so good that she did indeed become the female face of Meat Loaf, and has remained so in the minds of most for 45 years.

Rose Bowl

I’m hearing that we like our chances with Zuby Ejiofor from Garland by way of KU. Supposedly the visit of Damion Collins went well but there are others that are in on him as well.

CryptoMiner

I’m hearing that we like our chances with Zuby Ejiofor from Garland by way of KU. Supposedly the visit of Damion Collins went well but there are others that are in on him as well.

Hearing Zuby most likely to St John's. He apparently had a great visit there. Also looking at Nova and expected to decide soon.

Collins likes TCU and the Shockers.

Rose Bowl

Hearing Zuby most likely to St John's. He apparently had a great visit there. Also looking at Nova and expected to decide soon.

Collins likes TCU and the Shockers.
I wonder what the staff thought of his commitment. He was supposedly visiting next week after the quiet period. On to the next one.

tcudoc

Trivia—

Written by the brilliant Jim Steinman and performed flawlessly by Meat Loaf, “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” is much more than just Meat Loaf, however. While not listed as a duet (though the 45-rpm single did say “Feature Female Vocal: Ellen Foley” in small print), the song is elevated from great to iconic because of the talents of two women: Ellen Foley and Karla DeVito.

If you’re one of the 64 million people who’ve seen the video on YouTube and know nothing else about the history of the song, you might wonder what I’m rambling on about. It’s actually quite simple: the woman in the legendary video is Karla DeVito, but she is actually lip synching the part originally sung by Ellen Foley. Here’s what happened.

When Meat Loaf recorded his 1977 debut album Bat Out of Hell, Ellen Foley provided background vocals for “Bat Out of Hell,” “You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth,” and “All Revved Up with No Place to Go,” and lead vocals with Meat Loaf on “Paradise by the Dashboard Light.” However, she decided against going on tour with Meat Loaf after the album’s release and was replaced by Karla DeVito. Foley said in a 2021 interview with Noise11.com that DeVito also replaced her in the video because “she was the face of the tour, the face of the female element of Meat Loaf.” She also added: “40 million records later … it bothered me for a while but it certainly doesn’t anymore. Anybody who knows anything about the record…knows I sang the vocal on the record.”

With all due respect, anyone who’s only seen the video and knows nothing about the recording of the album could be forgiven for not realizing that Karla DeVito did not sing on the original recording. Watch the video below and tell me you can tell she’s lip synching. DeVito’s performance is so good that she did indeed become the female face of Meat Loaf, and has remained so in the minds of most for 45 years.
I love music trivia and actually knew that background story. I agree with you that almost no one knows who Ellen Foley is but most know who Karla Devito is, maybe not by name but, by her performance in the video.

Latest posts