• The KillerFrogs

2024 Recruiting Thread

An-Cap Frog

You don’t hear much about KB’s recruiting these days. It seems like they have a pretty tight lid on that info, but out of the QBs we are known to be looking at, Hawkins and Hejny seem to be the best fits that we have a good shot at landing and either/both would be great adds for TCU.
View attachment 13855View attachment 13857
Didn't recruiting services used to break down QBs by style? It seems like they don't do that any more...

Froggy Style

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF
FYI, sarcasm works better in person.

82 Frog Fever

247 says pro-style QB...facts!

Of course Tre was not a QB...

Andy was kind of an unknown as a recruit.
He only had a few offers from minor teams, & TCU was by far the best.
He started just 1 year in HS and Katy ran a hybrid I-formation/spread offense with lots of play action passing, so as a recruit, he was a product of the offensive philosophy that Katy ran.

He is a gutsy runner with very average speed 4.8-4.9s in the 40. What a great story of determination.
TCU has always been great at finding diamonds in the rough.

Josh Hoover could be similar, I hope so.

StinnettFrog

He started just 1 year in HS and Katy ran a hybrid I-formation/spread offense with lots of play action passing, so as a recruit, he was a product of the offensive philosophy that Katy ran.

He is a gutsy runner with very average speed 4.8-4.9s in the 40. What a great story of determination.

I always considered Andy a smart runner. He was very effective running and didn’t take a lot of bad hits.

Wexahu

I always considered Andy a smart runner. He was very effective running and didn’t take a lot of bad hits.
He was a smart runner. And he always dove head first, which is what they should all do when going down. Much safer on the lower body, not much more likely to get hit in the head (especially given the current rules), and you aren't giving up 3 yards on the play.

Eight

we saw different gary joseph teams because the only spread i recall in that offense was the distance between an offensive lineman's right and left foot. they were the antithesis of the mike leach splits in the oline

do recall a great deal of toss sweep with the qb acting as a lead block, decent amount of iso, and if they really wanted to open it up some counter action

then, after you saw 15-16 consecutive runs, even though you knew it was coming it was play action with a 2-man route of the receiver going long and the tight ends running to the flat or drag routes

Eight

Fast-rising DE from Crowley and visiting next week.

Priest Ashe 6-4/245 DE Crowley recruited by Fitch at Tech

333031648_3556827974538147_217784997235962398_n.jpg

he looks like he has got a great deal of room to fill out, reminds me a bit of the de from tech

crowley looks a bit more athletic than i recall them back in the day

82 Frog Fever

Harrison Hackbarth (QB-Grapevine) is growing off-season interest. He had strong showings at PRZ-Austin and a couple of other camps.
He was back on TCU’s campus again yesterday.
Harrison has a bigger body than Chandler Morris, but the same 40 time and a slightly faster shuttle.

82 Frog Fever

This young man, Hauss Hejny from Aledo, is one of the top 10 dual threat QBs for ‘24
He is currently a solid Duke commit, but KB is recruiting him hard. Hauss was on campus Tuesday with Kendal, and has plans to return to watch spring practice.
His dad was a TCU fb player and his family are all TCU fans.
He has a very good arm and runs a 4.45 sec. 40.
Really hope we can flip this kid.