• The KillerFrogs

Walker Howard (5* QB) to TCU?

Eight

I would understand spending millions on this kid if we needed a QB1 but we don’t…that’s a lot of money to hold a clipboard for 2 years

which is the part of the transfer/nil process that still needs to settle out

unfortunately, just as in the case of mlb where you have a few teams that spend like drunken sailors there a few schools that are skewing the market wo any concern to their impact

And....Sam Huard is still out there.
Sam Huard doesn’t make sense from Huard’s perspective because of the competition of having to beat out Morris. Huard left Washington because he wants to start and was not willing to wait just one more year for Michael Penix to be done.

Micheal Penix surprised everyone and decided to stay for his 6th year. Penix left Indiana after 2021 and became a star at Washington, last year a crazy 4600 yards passing with 31 TD’s and only 8 picks. I wonder why he was not in NY for the Heisman.

A good article here on Huard, a five-star QB, #3 QB recruit in the 2021 class. He and his family are Washington natives, and his dad, Damon Huard, was QB at Washington and then the NFL. Sam dreamed of playing at Washington but is moving on because he has not played since 2019 (2020 pandemic messed up his HS senior year) and wants to start in 2023.

You can read this article in Reader View on Apple iOS if you are not a subscriber.
My Seattle friend was told by a UW alum that Penix will receive $2.5 million to stay. Appears Penix was projected to be drafted 1st to 3rd round, but his poor injury history from 2018-21 would have made the 1st round doubtful. Two ACL’s, a sternoclavicular joint and his left shoulder.

The 2020 Covid free year makes it possible for Penix to stay, his 5th competing season plus his 2018 redshirt year. This made for a bad break and tough decision for Sam Huard, and he chose to leave, to be QB1 in 2023.

I wonder if the Washington boosters have regret now that Huard left; they may have taken him for granted, assuming he would stay because of family ties and his known love for Washington. Now watch Penix get hurt again, in game one, a season ending injury, while Sam Huard plays 2023 elsewhere.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

which is the part of the transfer/nil process that still needs to settle out

unfortunately, just as in the case of mlb where you have a few teams that spend like drunken sailors there a few schools that are skewing the market wo any concern to their impact
I worry that we are gonna head towards the collective bargaining discussion. which would be a disaster. These players are given scholarships and other benefits of high value outside of NIL. Hate to say it, but the call by BU's Livingstone for Congress to do its job is making sense to me.

Eight

I worry that we are gonna head towards the collective bargaining discussion. which would be a disaster. These players are given scholarships and other benefits of high value outside of NIL. Hate to say it, but the call by BU's Livingstone for Congress to do its job is making sense to me.

the interesting part about a cba is who fights it? the schools? the conferences who have an unbelievable amount of power and you have a few skimming off the top making a ridiculous amount of money for what they do.

that also opens the door for other discussions acting for the collective good of a set group because every d-1 program doesn't need to be sitting at that table

CardFrog

Eight

but there could be more later so maybe its worth the wait and see.

there is no doubt it will be worth the wait as i can't see sonny wants to go into the season with two scholarship quarterbacks, no desire to have another downing situation if possible

as i said before, a positive if it is just the two going through spring, hoover is going to get all the reps he can say grace over

Mean Purple

the interesting part about a cba is who fights it? the schools? the conferences who have an unbelievable amount of power and you have a few skimming off the top making a ridiculous amount of money for what they do.

that also opens the door for other discussions acting for the collective good of a set group because every d-1 program doesn't need to be sitting at that table
It also opens the door for players not getting to use the portal and getting fired before their degree is over if they don't perform. welcome to pro sports.

Eight

Right but it doesn't get you get you anything. A&m spent big and got huge paper talent only to lay a big egg this year.

merely buying better ingredients so to speak, but as we saw with uga, heck saw with q versus michigan, talent does matter when properly motivated, prepared, and utilized

FrogBall09

do we know that riley leaving was merely about money and not about the chance to run his own offense? the opportunity to work at a program with a bit higher profile?

as far as ole miss over tcu there are a few things attractive there and walker wouldn't be the first top tier recruit kiffin has landed there, heck he just convinced saban's dc to come over so they are selling something in oxford
Saban ran his DC off - he didn’t leave by choice

And the only thing Ole Miss has going is money and a lot of it

If the same TCU guys that seem to be ok with Briles would put more of their money where their mouth is on NIL - we would not have missed

But we blew it - there is no ifs or buts about that

Frogfam4

Shocker..

LSU Transfer Walker Howard Commits to Ole Miss​

The Ole Miss Rebels have landed their quarterback of the future at the expense of an SEC rival