• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

westoverhillbilly

It
I think his point was the recruiting ability Napier has shown in that state. It has had LSU fans nervous for quite some time.
LSU has always gotten its pick of the litter in Louisiana and always will, but TCU seems to get 2nd choice and routinely beats Ole Miss, Miss State and Auburn for the LA kids. It seems that many if not most of our best performers come out of Louisiana.. I think Napier could certainly keep this alive and perhaps improve upon it.

froginaustin

It

LSU has always gotten its pick of the litter in Louisiana and always will, but TCU seems to get 2nd choice and routinely beats Ole Miss, Miss State and Auburn for the LA kids. It seems that many if not most of our best performers come out of Louisiana.. I think Napier could certainly keep this alive and perhaps improve upon it.

Observing the way LSU and its fans seem to think about SEC rivals, I can't believe this hurts their feelings or worries them much if any.

G Mother Froggen P

Am I the only one highly skeptical of Dykes? You talk about somebody’s ceiling, and I haven’t checked but does he have a single top 25 win? He’s 1-3 in bowl games. People are high on the staff he may bring with him, but how long do they stay before they get Joey McGuired? The eyeball test for me says he loses the big games (Tcu lately isn’t a big game) and beats up on subpar opponents…. Please convince me otherwise

Last edited:

gofor2

Peterson is legit on a coaching search, or that's fantasy coming from us fans?

When I look at that list, the only guy that I would give an offer to would be Peterson. The rest haven't done anything special, or have no HC experience. I do realize some guys who never have HC experience turn out to be great, but how many times can you catch lightning in a bottle?

Moose Stuff

Am I the only one highly skeptical of Dykes. You talk somebody’s ceiling, and I haven’t checked but does he have a single top 25 win? He’s 1-3 in bowl games. People are high on the staff he may bring with him, but how long do they stay before they get Joey McGuired? The eyeball test for me says he loses the big games (Tcu lately isn’t a big game) and beats up on subpar opponents…. Please convince me otherwise
Doesn’t sound like he’s the main target right now.

gofor2

Am I the only one highly skeptical of Dykes. You talk somebody’s ceiling, and I haven’t checked but does he have a single top 25 win? He’s 1-3 in bowl games. People are high on the staff he may bring with him, but how long do they stay before they get Joey McGuired? The eyeball test for me says he loses the big games (Tcu lately isn’t a big game) and beats up on subpar opponents…. Please convince me otherwise
No, you are not. I'm with you. What has Dykes really done? His best year was a 3rd place finish at SMU in 2019. Ideally our future hire has a conference title under his belt, or at least a 2nd place finish. but 3rd? meh. That's settling and I hope we don't settle.
Don't even get me started on his time at Cal, that was a disaster

Last edited:

SwissArmyFrog

SMU has played in 2 bowls under Dykes and got crushed in each

51 - 10 by La Tech in 2017 (in fairness, only game he coached)
52 - 28 by Fla Atlantic in 2019