• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Patterson miffed that Zach Evans doesn’t have more buzz. Saturday changed that

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s Patterson miffed that Zach Evans doesn’t have more buzz. Saturday changed that
FTW_CalvsTCUcfb3

BY DREW DAVISON

Gary Patterson is never shy to share his opinion.

His latest hot take centers on running back Zach Evans, who had a career day by rushing for 190 yards and one touchdown in TCU’s 34-32 home victory over Cal on Saturday.

Patterson has been waiting for the right time to rant about Evans’ lack of buzz, and Saturday provided the perfect platform. After answering a question about wide receiver Quentin Johnston, Patterson went on an unprompted tangent.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article254175063.html

froglash88

In my opinion, Zach needs 15 to 20 carries a game. I’m not sure why Gary wants him to only have 10-12. I guess it’s to keep him healthy. In CGP we trust. It’s easy making those calls from my couch.

Watching Evans and Johnston was extremely fun yesterday. Gotta wait 2 weeks to see them again.

Pharm Frog

Evans hasn't been showcased until yesterday. Miller is also a bad ass runner. Load up and RTDB.

OL is a concern as they got their arses whipped by the Cal defensive front much of the day.

Sometimes the Frog zone blocking scheme gets overwhelmed by the lack of a vertical passing game which allows safeties to attack without being punished. I also thought yesterday there were some slow feet and recognition. But what confuses me most is that we appear to be in RPO but the line is firing off downfield so it’s just an RO and we whiff on DL in search of backers.

TAINTed frog

Patterson complaining about lack of buzz is hilarious. Maybe if he marketed the football team, allowed access to players and practices or just made any kind of effort to be understandable in interviews our players would get more hype.
Maybe he can write a song about it and sing it on Gameday. He’s obviously not coaching defense so may as well put his time to better use.

Austintxfrog94

From the looks of the stands yesterday, looks like we’ve lost local appeal as well.
I don’t understand why people keep going off on this. It was well into the 90’s in the middle of the afternoon yesterday. Look at the stands last week for UT’s and SEC teams mid-afternoon games…Tons of empty seats. People don’t want to sit or stand in 90 degree temps.

Observation....

Other than the notable performances by Zach Evans and Quentin Johnson...there were

times when the remainder of the team appeared woefully vulnerable, unprepared and

at times
somewhat confused. IMHO

netty2424

I don’t understand why people keep going off on this. It was well into the 90’s in the middle of the afternoon yesterday. Look at the stands last week for UT’s and SEC teams mid-afternoon games…Tons of empty seats. People don’t want to sit or stand in 90 degree temps.
Excuses. While yes it sucks to sit in the heat, there are stadiums all over the country dealing with the same heat and can fill more than the lower bowl with any consistency.

If you think the fan support for this program right now is where it needs to be, I think a recalibration of expectations is in order.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Patterson said Evan’s should be getting 10-12 carries a game.

I've heard him say a lot of stupid [ Finebaum ], that’s the stupidest of all time.

Hello 7-5 season with the way the Defense played and Evan’s getting 12 carries a game.

Geessus………… let’s throw the ball more!!

Flashy doesn’t win football games………

Frog-in-law1995

Patterson said Evan’s should be getting 10-12 carries a game.

I've heard him say a lot of stupid [ #2020 ], that’s the stupidest of all time.

Hello 7-5 season with the way the Defense played and Evan’s getting 12 carries a game.

Geessus………… let’s throw the ball more!!

Flashy doesn’t win football games………

Because Gary so often truthfully shares team strategy with the public.