• The KillerFrogs

Big Ten, ACC, and Pac12 officially announce Alliance

peacock

the big question is where the Alliance conferences are going to be willing to surrender the fertile Texas recruiting market to the SEC.....if any of the three probably Pac-12 wants to get in Texas...we are going to be their first choice,....you really can't showcase your school to big time recruits in Lubbock and Waco!

I disagree it’s over in that scenario. It’s not good, but it’s clearly a middle of the road option between a PAC invite and going to the AAC or MWC
Attendance, enthusiasm, revenue, and general interest will all wane. We will collectively remember 2000-2023 as the glory days of TCU football.

Mean Purple

As they should. From a sports perspective, this doesn't mean much.
Well, when you actually look whole picture ...

These three were not invited to the table when the playoff expansion was plotted out.
They also mentioned that they would look at who the rights to playoff are set. (That is something ESPN is really concerned about).
This also gets leverage for the PAC and BIG as they start negotiation for the not too far off re-up of tv deals.

I would doubt Dave Wannstadt as any sort of insider. Right now everything is speculation. I'd love TCU/Tech/OSU and other left overs to find a way into either PAC 12 and Alliance or SEC. Both options seem like a pipe dream at this point. The most logical outcome is stay in Little 8 and become something close to AAC or little 8 folds and TCU gets stuck in the AAC. Either option spells the end of athletics as TCU currently knows it and ushers in dark times. Keep OU/UT in as long as possible and enjoy the next 4 years of relevant football because after that it's the minors.

FWSTC Hfrog

You just had to watch Wannstedt on FOX sports to see he was clueless half of the time on his in-game analysis. So, assume he was asleep half of the time
during these discussions he was talking about.

vicarfrog

Finebaum on SEC Network/ESPN Radio saying only teams worth looking at in the Big 12 are Okie State, Iowa State and TCU. When some caller was talking about contracting games and teams going to other conferences.

If Purple Pooper's prediction becomes true, we're going to have get that guy a box of Shipley's Donuts.