• The KillerFrogs

Big Ten, ACC, and Pac12 officially announce Alliance

Pharm Frog

i think ou/ut made the decision based on money but 3 years in I think the fan bases are going to miserable when they aren’t making the cfp and they realize they could have in the big12.

I really don’t think the decision-makers much care about the “fan bases”. And those fan bases aren’t going anywhere. A playoff appearance every 10 years or so will suffice. And I wouldn’t be surprised to see the SEC try some creative scheduling to help that happen.

Pharm Frog

Time to go get Tulane, Rice, SMU, Duke, Wake, Vandy, and Tulsa and form the Kudzu League and ink an alliance with the Ivy League. It’s not like the SEC wants Vandy around anyway.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Steel would not hesitate to shoot a woman if the appropriate circumstance preseted itself. Or a man, of course. Point is, women are not immune. Equal rights!

steelfrog

Tier 1
If we get put in the AAC or back down in the MWC, I'm not really going to care that much anymore about TCU sports. And I'm not alone....
So, you care about playing .500 ball in the B12 and getting whollopped annually by OU and having no chance to win the B12. And visiting dogcrap destinations like Austin, Stoolwster, Ames, Manhattan, Lubbutt. Wacko. Yeah, so fun.

people are morons.

“ yeah well WE get a lot more money in the B12”

no, we don’t get jack dogcrsp. Tcu does and tcu don’t need it. Tcu needs to cut admins, cut the fat, make professors actually work for a living and stop building housing better than steel has (by far).

SuperTFrog

If we get put in the AAC or back down in the MWC, I'm not really going to care that much anymore about TCU sports. And I'm not alone....
I’m 25+ years in rooting for TCU sports. They could demote us to D2 and I’m gonna root for the Frogs. I was getting to 7:00pm games against UTEP/Rice/ECU at 8:00am and tailgated all damn day.

Now that we may not be in a fancy conference you’re going to stop pulling for your team? Bleed purple or bleed out. May be time for some of y’all to get the scheiss out and put on some burnt orange…

steelfrog

Tier 1
I’m 25+ years in rooting for TCU sports. They could demote us to D2 and I’m gonna root for the Frogs. I was getting to 7:00pm games against UTEP/Rice/ECU at 8:00am and tailgated all damn day.

Bleed purple or bleed out. May be time for some of y’all to bleed out and put on some burnt orange…
Thank you.

FrogFrog

Now that we may not be in a fancy conference you’re going to stop pulling for your team? Bleed purple or bleed out. May be time for some of y’all to get the scheiss out and put on some burnt orange…

I still remember waking up Sunday mornings to count how many votes we got in the AP and Coaches polls because this little known defensive coach was getting TCU (!) into the Top 30, 35, etc. It was unbelievable at the time but it was a bad ass ride.

We’ll make it through but I’ll be there through the rough patches. Those make the eventual Rose Bowl victories smell sweeter.

DeuceBoogieNights

Now that we may not be in a fancy conference you’re going to stop pulling for your team?

Not OP but Its not about "pulling for the team." People would still want the Frogs to win, but there is going to be a lot of apathy. There will definitely be a decrease in fan support because of this, and if you don't think so, I think you're fooling yourself. This is definitely going to impact revenue and ticket sales.

Tshirt Fan

Thanks. I have a closet full of Burnt Orange.
Maybe it's time for Burnt Orange to come out of the closet?

SuperTFrog

Not OP but Its not about "pulling for the team." People would still want the Frogs to win, but there is going to be a lot of apathy. There will definitely be a decrease in fan support because of this, and if you don't think so, I think you're fooling yourself. This is definitely going to impact revenue and ticket sales.
Of course there is going to be a hit to revenue and attendance and everything else. I certainly don’t have my head in the sand about how much this will impact TCU sports. I’m just calling a guy (or girl) out who said if we go to the AAC or MWC he isn’t going to care that much about TCU sports.

Mean Purple

I think many overlook the damage this can cause the entire ath program, which has made big strides over recent years. Can also hurt the university.

Endless Purple

I enjoyed the pre-Big12 days. Depending on the details of the scheduling alliance and if they continue to include the Big 12 with the pat on the head in their schedules - I think an 8 team Big 12 could be really interesting with 5 OOC games, if they are with some of the alliance schools.

I do think OOC becomes very important in a mid tier or G tier. Far more so than 9 conference games.