• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Eight

Not sure how I feel about this. Willem DaFoe will always be John Clark in my mind. Liev Schreiber is possibly the best actor alive right now, but even he was not John Clark.

See Michael B. Jordan as Tom Clancy Hero John Clark in ‘Without Remorse’ Trailer

Adaptation of character’s 1993 origin story hits Amazon Prime Video on April 30th

By DANIEL KREPS

Michael B. Jordan stars as the Tom Clancy hero John Clark in the new trailer for Without Remorse, Amazon Prime Video’s adaptation of Clancy’s 1993 novel.

Without Remorse served as the origin story for the character who appeared in dozens of novels and Clancy-inspired video games, and the 2021 film updates that novel but keeps the plot the same: Jordan is an elite Navy SEAL hellbent on revenge after a failed assassination attempt against him results in the death of his wife.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...r-michael-b-jordan-tom-clancy-amazon-1136138/

so basically killmonger without the scars

marvel-marvelfamily-michael-b-jordan-Favim.com-6278294.gif

Ron Swanson

I’m about halfway through episode 1 of “Murder Among the Mormons” on Netflix. It’s a 3 episode documentary about documents that detail the origin of the Mormon church and the lengths people would go to stop them from getting out.

Good so far

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Not sure how I feel about this. Willem DaFoe will always be John Clark in my mind. Liev Schreiber is possibly the best actor alive right now, but even he was not John Clark.

See Michael B. Jordan as Tom Clancy Hero John Clark in ‘Without Remorse’ Trailer

Adaptation of character’s 1993 origin story hits Amazon Prime Video on April 30th

By DANIEL KREPS

Michael B. Jordan stars as the Tom Clancy hero John Clark in the new trailer for Without Remorse, Amazon Prime Video’s adaptation of Clancy’s 1993 novel.

Without Remorse served as the origin story for the character who appeared in dozens of novels and Clancy-inspired video games, and the 2021 film updates that novel but keeps the plot the same: Jordan is an elite Navy SEAL hellbent on revenge after a failed assassination attempt against him results in the death of his wife.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...r-michael-b-jordan-tom-clancy-amazon-1136138/

First Jake from State Farm, now now John Clark?!?

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

I’m about halfway through episode 1 of “Murder Among the Mormons” on Netflix. It’s a 3 episode documentary about documents that detail the origin of the Mormon church and the lengths people would go to stop them from getting out.

Good so far

Eh, that’s not exactly what it’s about. It kinda changes direction. But it is a good doc.

Edit:
on second thought...that’s still a somewhat accurate description, but not the way the doc leads you to think at first.

Last edited:

JugbandFrog

Nothing better than 80s comedies. Police Academy and CaddyShack came on back to back tonight.
For many years, I never knew what was happening under that podium, which led me to have a fear of speaking in public from behind a podium.

Haha. I got over that fear my Sr year if high school when I had to introduce Miss Universe, Dayanara Torres to the Rotary Club, and speak about something, all I remember was getting to spend a day showing this gorgeous, and fun, woman my dump of a hometown.

One of my pals explained to me what was actually going on under there right before I went on. Boy was I relieved.

imagen.aspx

Frog-in-law1995

This Snyder Cut sucks even more than the Whedon mess a few years ago. Blatantly ripped off Avengers themes, ditto Lord of the Rings (with some really [ Finebaum ]ty cgi that looked like it was running through a $25 graphics card), added what feels like 16 hours of slow-motion footage and stuck Ben Affleck out in front.

Literally nothing about this DC reboot has been any good. How can a series of movies with Gal Gadot and Amy Adams be this unwatchable?

JugbandFrog

This Snyder Cut sucks even more than the Whedon mess a few years ago. Blatantly ripped off Avengers themes, ditto Lord of the Rings (with some really [ #2020 ]ty cgi that looked like it was running through a $25 graphics card), added what feels like 16 hours of slow-motion footage and stuck Ben Affleck out in front.

Literally nothing about this DC reboot has been any good. How can a series of movies with Gal Gadot and Amy Adams be this unwatchable?
I found it to be better than the Whedon, but that’s the thing about DC. Their comics were always darker than Marvel, and the films don’t reflect that often, and when they do, they are hits. DC isn’t set up to have comic relief or campy undertones like Marvel.

This is why DC movies tend to suck. They try to be blockbusters in the traditional sense, but they become blockbusters when they are truer to what the original content is.

Eight

This Snyder Cut sucks even more than the Whedon mess a few years ago. Blatantly ripped off Avengers themes, ditto Lord of the Rings (with some really [ #2020 ]ty cgi that looked like it was running through a $25 graphics card), added what feels like 16 hours of slow-motion footage and stuck Ben Affleck out in front.

reached a point where i just have no interest in any more super hero movies, we know the story line and the dc movies aside from the nolan's batman movies have been absolutely dreadful in terms of story lines and dialogue

Eight

I got there about 8 years ago.

my wife wanted to go see the second wonder woman movie and holy [ Finebaum ], it was so bad it made undercover brother look good in terms of special effects on story line and i am fairly sure that one was supposed to be a farse

tcudoc

my wife wanted to go see the second wonder woman movie and holy [ #2020 ], it was so bad it made undercover brother look good in terms of special effects on story line and i am fairly sure that one was supposed to be a farse
I’ve heard how terrible it was and will hopefully never see it.

Eight

I’ve heard how terrible it was and will hopefully never see it.

it was sooooo bad on sooo many levels i am sure patty jenkin's director cut dvd will sell fewer discs than steel talking about various types of [ Finebaum ] simply because each of steel's user profiles on here will buy a copy

really good news is there will be a wonder woman 3 so maybe that will kill the entire dc universe