• The KillerFrogs

The Day After....

flyfishingfrog

The crisis is not over. It is ongoing.

You can repeat your false claim that no one is helping as much as you want, doesn’t make it a fact.
Can you show me where anyone from the federal government has done a single thing beyond sending 60 generators that arrived too late and some blankets?

because FEMA said in their statement yesterday that is exactly what they had done

so basically they did what Dems always do - talk, put on a PR show and then nothing that actually fixes the problem

LVH

I would love to see a Tulsi Gabbard vs. Dan Crenshaw general election, but fear those candidates are not kick-ass enough. Gabbard won't get past a primary, as the media has already sullied her with "Russian Collusion" type rumors. Crenshaw will clearly appeal to the white supremacist-militia crowd with his libertarian leanings and special operations background, but that's not much of a voting bloc.

Dan Crenshaw is John McCain 2.0, the only issue he cares about is permanent middle eastern war. He gets into twitter feuds with anti-war users and gets on his soapbox about how important permanent war in the middle east is.

He is also a gun control proponent.

The MAGA base already hates Dan Crenshaw, which is why he could never win any race outside of his own congressional district, and even then he could be primaried there.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Can you show me where anyone from the federal government has done a single thing beyond sending 60 generators that arrived too late and some blankets?

because FEMA said in their statement yesterday that is exactly what they had done

so basically they did what Dems always do - talk, put on a PR show and then nothing that actually fixes the problem
...And then get adoring Media coverage of how wonderful they are, and how much they care.

LVH

I’d support a Nikki/Tulsi ticket. Badass chicks.

Nikki Haley is GOP establishment to the core, and is going to be the candidate the GOP establishment will try to shove down our throats in 2024. Like Dan Crenshaw, she is a political grifter whose primary issue is one thing: ensuring permanent middle eastern war continues.

There is not a snowball's chance in hell she could win the nomination in a fair primary. The Trump base hates her, her only base would be Romney style Republicans who are a massive minority.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...nt-trump-at-mar-a-lago-trump-turned-her-down/

Without doubt the always positioning, conniving, scheming and politically smarmy Decepticon, Nikki Haley, is planning to use the GOPe apparatus in her effort to become the republican nominee in 2024. This is as certain as the sunrise tomorrow. However, that said, Haley is now a fully exposed DeceptiCon; except -of course- in the eyes of the most entrenched of the professional political class. [NOTE – CTH archives are of value when researching Nikki Haley on these issues.]

frogtwang

FEMA send supplies based on what the state requests, which were generators, water, food, and blankets.

Per Emergency Management Chief Kidd with the Texas Division of Emergency Management, roads have been too icy to distribute the supplies they requested. Due to those icy conditions, the FEMA emergency warehouse in FTW wasn’t accessible until Thursday night.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-to-sign-federal-disaster-aid-for-texas-snow-storm-11613756190

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Nikki Haley is GOP establishment to the core, and is going to be the candidate the GOP establishment will try to shove down our throats in 2024. Like Dan Crenshaw, she is a political grifter whose primary issue is one thing: ensuring permanent middle eastern war continues.

There is not a snowball's chance in hell she could win the nomination in a fair primary. The Trump base hates her, her only base would be Romney style Republicans who are a massive minority.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...nt-trump-at-mar-a-lago-trump-turned-her-down/
Well, she has got nicer legs than Jeb(!)...

Cruz, his wife, children, all stranded and suffering in their frigid home without

any realistic prospect of relief in sight. In an effort to relieve his family from

having to endure these sub-zero temperatures, he makes a decision to move

them to a warmer location. What a great idea, wish I had thought of it.

TCUdirtbag

Cruz, his wife, children, all stranded and suffering in their frigid home without

any realistic prospect of relief in sight. In an effort to relieve his family from

having to endure these sub-zero temperatures, he makes a decision to move

them to a warmer location. What a great idea, wish I had thought of it.

I have no problem with Ted Cruz leaving the country. In fact I wish he would’ve stayed in Mexico (or consistent with his political views have been deported back to his native Canada upon attempt to re-enter the US).

Leaving the family dog home alone in the cold was a dick move, though. Very on brand.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

FEMA send supplies based on what the state requests, which were generators, water, food, and blankets.

Per Emergency Management Chief Kidd with the Texas Division of Emergency Management, roads have been too icy to distribute the supplies they requested. Due to those icy conditions, the FEMA emergency warehouse in FTW wasn’t accessible until Thursday night.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-to-sign-federal-disaster-aid-for-texas-snow-storm-11613756190
Thanks for validating my point....

A week after the weather started and 4 days after the request they sent supplies - then even though people were going to work and Ted Cruz was able to hop a plane, they said it was too icy to distribute?

we can move troops in winter in Afghanistan but some ice on a highway on ramp in Houston means people just have to suffer because our government can’t help....

Different elected idiots, same level of incompetence as the last guys that they were going to be “so much better than”

they should lower taxes and just be honest that people should learn to do things for themselves because they don’t know how to actually help with much - instead they want to raise taxes to control more....

frogtwang

I agree that more could be done, but to claim it is a fact that no help was sent is incorrect. Help has been given and is continuing to be given. This isn’t over yet

Having said that, the situation down here in Texas is a quite a bit bigger than a small patch of ice on the Kemah Boardwalk exit on I45.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

I agree that more could be done. Having said that, the situation down here in Texas is a quite a bit bigger than a small patch of ice on the Kemah Boardwalk exit on I45.
I managed to get out Thursday and Friday both in Ft Worth...people made it to the shelter both days - the one our local church ran without any federal supplies...planes landed at dfw everyday this week and the same for the joint base in fr worth...

It’s [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] that a plane couldn’t have flown people and supplies to Texas to help last Monday and Tuesday within hours of the crisis beginning -

Amazing how fast the National Guard made it to DC when our leaders felt their “lives were in danger “ but hey we are just the common folk

It’s even more BS that trucks couldn’t move on the roads - every military truck in the US has the ability to handle ice and snow

but the federal govt can’t ever do anything to help that quickly regardless of who is running it

Thus why they need to stop trying to control more things as an excuse to raise taxes and restrict freedoms if they truly want to make our lives better

Instead they posture and pose for the cameras acting like they are “here to help” while people suffer from believing their lies and dealing with the result of their incompetence

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

TEXAS REPUBLICANS RAN A 20-YEAR EXPERIMENT. THE RESULTS ARE IN.
The state’s energy crisis didn’t come out of nowhere: It took decades of deregulation to make it happen.

https://theintercept.com/2021/02/19/deconstructed-texas-republicans-experiment/
I guess I also missed any single politician in either side of the aisle campaigning on the need to re-regulate our power infrastructure from beginning to end since it was deregulated in 1999....

That article is exactly the problem with the Democrats- they are using a tragedy to push their political hate agenda instead of using the power they have gained to fix the problem...

Same as the last regime...but they act like they are so much better

LVH

I guess I also missed any single politician in either side of the aisle campaigning on the need to re-regulate our power infrastructure from beginning to end since it was deregulated in 1999....

That article is exactly the problem with the Democrats- they are using a tragedy to push their political hate agenda instead of using the power they have gained to fix the problem...

Same as the last regime...but they act like they are so much better

Never let a crisis go to waste.

I am not the biggest fan of the Texas state leadership as I feel that decades of single party rule has made the Texas state GOP very soft and swampy, but its funny how the media/democrats are trying to paint a broad referendum brush here. "Things went bad for a week, therefore we need to elect democrats".

Where is the media drumbeat to elect Republicans in California as year after year wildfires, rolling blackouts, and water shortages occur due to environmental regulations?

Let he who campaigned on a platform to re-regulate our power infrastructure, cast the first stone.

Eight

Dan Crenshaw is John McCain 2.0, the only issue he cares about is permanent middle eastern war. He gets into twitter feuds with anti-war users and gets on his soapbox about how important permanent war in the middle east is.

He is also a gun control proponent.

The MAGA base already hates Dan Crenshaw, which is why he could never win any race outside of his own congressional district, and even then he could be primaried there.

primaried by whom?

SuperTFrog

Never let a crisis go to waste.

I am not the biggest fan of the Texas state leadership as I feel that decades of single party rule has made the Texas state GOP very soft and swampy, but its funny how the media/democrats are trying to paint a broad referendum brush here. "Things went bad for a week, therefore we need to elect democrats".

Where is the media drumbeat to elect Republicans in California as year after year wildfires, rolling blackouts, and water shortages occur due to environmental regulations?

Let he who campaigned on a platform to re-regulate our power infrastructure, cast the first stone.
Hindsight is undefeated.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Remember when Bush was dragged by the Democrats and the media because he didn't land in New Orleans and was perceived as not doing more than what the governor of LA requested? So glad to see the same people dragging Biden for the same... oh wait.

Honestly I don't think we need Federal help, but it would have been nice to have those Generators a week ago, but like ERCOT I guess the Federal officials at NOAA/FEMA didn't foresee a big need to rush those supplies.