• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
"fat guy softball league"

isn't this a redundant phrase?​

Not always, years ago I played in league that had the entire (former) Houston Aeros hockey team in it (never saw so many people with missing teeth), several Oilers and a bunch of SWC football players.

But I know what you mean.

Pharm Frog

Not always, years ago I played in league that had the entire (former) Houston Aeros hockey team in it (never saw so many people with missing teeth), several Oilers and a bunch of SWC football players.

Ha! I played softball with some former Oilers out in San Angelo. Several had hunting leases out that way.

Played on an intramural team with Jimmy Morris (The Rookie) and he was flat out dangerous to anyone and anything on the field. I generally pitched and remember him throwing out a guy at 1st by two steps who had roped what should have been a single into left field. The ball sounded like a swarm of bees as it went through the infield.

froglash88

I mentioned this a long time ago. But when I worked for Pro Set in Dallas in the very early 90s, our favorite Smooo running back was on our softball team. Hit the living crap out of the ball and sounded like a freight train on his way to first base.

PurpleBlood87

I mentioned this a long time ago. But when I worked for Pro Set in Dallas in the very early 90s, our favorite Smooo running back was on our softball team. Hit the living crap out of the ball and sounded like a freight train on his way to first base.

We had a guy on our softball team who played football and baseball at our high school and then football at Kansas.
Played softball with us one season. Just showed up for the games, we handed him his jersey and all he did was hit home runs and run down balls in the outfield. We were so excited to have a guy who had a chance to hit a home run each at bat.

Last edited:

Westsider

I played with a few Aeros in ‘77 I think. Terry Ruskowski was their 5’8” enforcer and was the scariest man I’ve ever met.
Had a tendency to make softball a full contact sport but was really fun as a teammate.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I played with a few Aeros in ‘77 I think. Terry Ruskowski was their 5’8” enforcer and was the scariest man I’ve ever met.
Had a tendency to make softball a full contact sport but was really fun as a teammate.

Must’ve been the same crew. Played them in the Chronicle Tournement. We had a former Penn State DE playing first base named John Ebersole. Must’ve been 6’4” 250. I made a made a play behind third, should have held the ball, but instead skyed one that that made him jump. Ruskowski ran right thru him. Ruskowski just destroyed Ebersole. Ruskowski says, Sorry aboot that eh, I see someone go in the air and I’ve got to take them ewt. Thought we were going to have a hockey brawl, but they were all pretty good guys.

jake102

We had a guy on our softball team who played football and baseball at our high school and then football at Kansas.
Played softball with us one season. Just showed up for the games, we handed him his jersey and all he did was hit home runs a run down balls in the outfield. We were so excited to have a guy who had a chance to hit a home run each at bat.

We had a guy who played AAA as a first basemen come out. He took one swing and never played again. Was terrified he would “miss” and accidentally kill someone

PurpleBlood87

We had a guy who played AAA as a first basemen come out. He took one swing and never played again. Was terrified he would “miss” and accidentally kill someone

Percy just hit line drives over the fence.

At Arc Park in Fort Worth one of the umpires was former TCU basketball player Norman Anderson's sister.
If I remember correctly she drove a Ninja to the park. I remember she had huge athletic thighs.

PurpleBlood87

Played on the FWST's Sports Section team the Rats. We had to play three rainout makeup games on a Saturday in Burleson. Former Rangers beat writer TR Sullivan was running home and the catcher was standing on the plate so TR shoved him out of the way and made a disparaging remark. He got ejected from that game and the next two games. He rode with someone else to the game so he sat in the stands eating grapes and yelling at the umpires and both teams.

I remember walking on one pitch that season when the guy in front of me struck out and the opposing team threw the ball around the horn. With each throw after the first one to third, the umpire started counting "ball one, ball two, ball three". The first pitch wasn't even hittable so I took the walk.

froglash88

Must’ve been the same crew. Played them in the Chronicle Tournement. We had a former Penn State DE playing first base named John Ebersole. Must’ve been 6’4” 250.

My son regularly plays against a kid who is 6’4” 250/255. The scary thing is he’s in 8th grade and just turned 14 less than a month ago. Awesome kid and fun to watch. His dad is Udonis Haslem.

YA

Picked baseball seats today. Lower bowl had limited seats. It appeared overall there were maybe 150 seats left to be chosen and likely will be gone today by noon.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Must’ve been the same crew. Played them in the Chronicle Tournement. We had a former Penn State DE playing first base named John Ebersole. Must’ve been 6’4” 250. I made a made a play behind third, should have held the ball, but instead skyed one that that made him jump. Ruskowski ran right thru him. Ruskowski just destroyed Ebersole. Ruskowski says, Sorry aboot that eh, I see someone go in the air and I’ve got to take them ewt. Thought we were going to have a hockey brawl, but they were all pretty good guys.
The accent is perfect!

Purp

TCU projected for a national seed.
Playing in the Fort Worth Regional - No. 2 seed Southern Miss; No. 3 seed Texas A&M and No. 4 seed Hartford.

https://www.collegebaseball.info/post/preseason-ncaa-tournament-field-of-64-projection
We better be able to fill Lupton by the end of the season. There should be plenty of vaccinated people by then to jettison the social distance and welcome aggy fans with a new purchase code. It's just more fun to beat them in front of a lot of raucous wooooooooers.

And if I can't get tix I'll damn sure be buying a parking spot and tailgating all day anyway.

jake102

Apologies if this has been discussed, but will there still be tickets available to walk-up and buy for the outfield grass area?

hometown frog

Picked baseball seats today. Lower bowl had limited seats. It appeared overall there were maybe 150 seats left to be chosen and likely will be gone today by noon.
Are they using the same basic system/process that was used for the football tickets? (Ie we jump into a page w green/purple/red dots for seats and grab what we want/can?)