• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

jack the frog

Already mentioned here I would guess but The Night Stalker documentary very well done. Pretty hardcore stuff. They don't glorify Ramirez so much but instead talk mostly about the victims, the community and the cops who chased him down.

Ron Swanson

Kind of makes Maggie look a tad nuts if accurate...but good acting.
I’ve been wondering how accurate all the stuff in that show is. I knew nothing about the royal family and had no interest in them before starting that series, but find it pretty interesting to learn all this about them.

It seems they would’ve had to interview lots of family members in order to get the level of detail they did. Or maybe they just made a bunch of the ship up? I don’t know.

Although I’m sure I could google it and read all about how it came together and how accurate it is fairly easily.

tcudoc

Nobody really talks about network tv shows any more and I rarely watch it. That being said, my wife DVR’ed Ted Danson’s new show, The Mayor. I saw three episodes and really like it. Very silly humor. He basically plays the same character that he did in The Good Place and the humor level is similar. Lots of B list stars in the show that you will recognize. At least one did not age very well (Holly Hunter) but her character is still okay.
So far, it looks very promising.
Halfway through season three on Cobra Kai. Pretty engaging. Saw the Andy Dalton character finally.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’ve been wondering how accurate all the stuff in that show is. I knew nothing about the royal family and had no interest in them before starting that series, but find it pretty interesting to learn all this about them.

It seems they would’ve had to interview lots of family members in order to get the level of detail they did. Or maybe they just made a bunch of the ship up? I don’t know.

Although I’m sure I could google it and read all about how it came together and how accurate it is fairly easily.

If you listen to the royal family it’s all made up. Apparently some of Diana’s aids gave some accounts

Frog-in-law1995

My wife loves the Crown. I hung with it for a couple of seasons. I’m sure it’s embellished some, but if it’s even close to accurate then QE2 is a pretty impressive human being. Didn’t get back into it after they finished the early years portion. Now I just pop my head in the room here and there when my wife sees some part of Buckingham Palace we visited on the tour.

If you listen to the royal family it’s all made up. Apparently some of Diana’s aids gave some accounts

Aides. Unless you know something the rest of us don’t.

YA

It is pretty well know the royal family can be a little cruel and cold to those they don't like. Some of the Crown is maybe a little embellished, but not the whole thing.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Finally finished Season 3 of Cobra Kai with the Mrs last night. The writing really needs to get better in season 4. Lots of things happened that didn't have payoffs by the end of the season and several characters failed to learn lessons that took an awfully long time to setup during the course of the three seasons. Besides all of that it's been interesting to follow these characters post the movies.

To switch gears, I've been watching the Harley Quinn animated series (definitely not for kids) on HBOMax and its been quite entertaining and a much needed escape from reality over the last two weeks.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
My wife loves the Crown. I hung with it for a couple of seasons. I’m sure it’s embellished some, but if it’s even close to accurate then QE2 is a pretty impressive human being. Didn’t get back into it after they finished the early years portion. Now I just pop my head in the room here and there when my wife sees some part of Buckingham Palace we visited on the tour.

You might want to check out the PBS documentary "The Queen at War". Remarkable what she did before assuming the throne.

The Queen at War | PBS

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

left off patients...or an e.

Eight

The Queen was.... The Transporter

there is only one transporter and it isn't the queen......

200.gif

Latest posts